Susie's 2022 campaign

There is something about garlic bread that your brain turns off the stomach full switch.

Bit of an Ooops day but first you've had so far, sometimes they're needed so don't beat yourself up...line drawn, reduce syns to make up for it and you already plan to get back to healthy eating so positive you'll be fine for next WI..really, unless you had whacking big slices of garlic bread (which I would be well jealous of btw😸) you haven't really done too bad.
Hope your legs behave tonight and you get a good sleep X

Really happy, I lost 3.5lbs and got my 2 stone award yaye! :D

Only 5lbs to go now until my Club 10 so that's the big push for the next two weeks :).

Food today -

B - SS soup
L - no time, just an apple
D - mixed grill and spinach
S - Hifis :)

Have a good evening all x
Congratulations on your two stone award Susie:sw028::0clapper::banana_dancer:

Thanks Mini!

Back on plan today! Going to get lots of veg and green tea down me to hopefully minimise the damage!

B - syn free burger and spinach
L - campfire stew and sugar snap peas
D - Mexican chilli stew with skinny rice, peppers and leafy greens

Have a good day all x

Sounds good, I need to get more skinny noodles in....I love them in a veggie stir fry or with Thai quorn curry.

I got a great offer on Groupon - £20 for 20 packets - so got both rice and noodles :).

I love them because they really make me feel FULL and stop me snacking. Well, most of the time :classic_oops::classic_cool:

I got a group on offer too..and that's what I've just run out of. The current offer is a mix of rice and noodles and pasta, I just want the noodles. Waiting on H&B to have a BOGOF.

Afternoon all

Had a slightly off plan so far but that's because I forgot a colleagues leaving do at a local Vietnamese restaurant - interrogated the lovely chef about what I could eat and ended up with the Vietnamese equivalent of a fry up - steak (which was lovely), a fried egg and some pate, with two small fried wraps (delish, but calorific I imagine) and cucumber and salad. Very yummy and very filling!

So dinner will be more of my homemade meat loaf (5% pork and beef mince, mixed with frozen onion and peppers, Moroccan spice and Lea and Perrins, and cooked at about 170 for 50 minutes. Had some for brekkie and it was very nice.

Morning! :)

Grey skies here but am happy because Stella is finally getting over her cystitis. She usually sleeps with me at night but I'd had to lock her out of my bedroom because she was weeing on the duvet (nice) - but she jumped up this morning and just wanted cuddles, yaye! We have a battle royale every morning and evening because she's now on Cystease tablets for life (they're anti stress things, stress brings the cystitis on) and this morning I put the tablet in her mouth and she sat there looking at me, jaw clamped shut, for at least two minutes - then spat the thing out, little scrote!

Also got to head into town to get my iPhone fixed. Apparently my model is prone to a thing called Touch Disease! I'm using my old iPhone 5 in the meantime and it is ridiculously tiny compared to my 6 Plus...so let's hope they can fix it today!

B - meatloaf and fried eggs
L - sossies and salad
D - more meatloaf with celeriac mash and broccoli rice, plus some sugar snap peas

Have a good one x

Poor kitty,I can't get ours to take anything. I have to crush it up in tuna and even then one of them won't go near it.

Ahh thanks Tipp the tuna is a good idea.

Back home, phone all fixed and for a third of the price that Apple would have charged - very happy! :) I uber'ed it into town and really got a buzz out of being in the centre of London, thousands of people everywhere but it still reminded me how much I love the place.

Morning all - household calamities continue, now the w/m isn't working. Waiting to hear back from a technician, but I think the motor has gone, no lights coming on at all, sigh...It is five years old but things just don't last these days, do they?

Brunch - spinach omelette and meat loaf
D - all veg stir fry/mash type dinner - celeriac, spinach, cabbage, carrots, etc

Have a nice day x

Saw a lovely weight loss tips post on the PoN FB group this morning - very helpful!

I see replies on here all the time asking for tips from successful members. So here goes! (Feel free to chip in with positive tips that worked for you that I forgot or don't myself use)

1. Actually follow the plan. Don't make up your own syns. Don't ignore syns for things you are fond of. Don't guess - measure.
2. Learn that free food isn't zero calorie food. A meal sized quantity of free food is a meal, not a snack. Six meals a day might be why you feel like you need tips from me.
3. Did you ignore the bit that says stop when you are comfortably full? Stop ignoring that bit. Comfortably full does not mean full to bursting. Let your tummy shrink back to the size it should be.
4. Calm down on one week's results. Seriously! Look for long term trends. Your weight fluctuates due to fluids faster than fats and your body is an utter random weirdo when it comes to fluids. But over time it averages out.
5. Be kind to yourself. Suddenly realising you got taken by surprise by your emotional attachment to comfort food and ate all the cakes is not the end of the world unless you let it be so. Learn from it. Move on. Forgive yourself. Refocus. You can do it. We are here for you.
6. Learn to recognise socially acceptable toxic negativity and to ignore it. Yes, it's only human to comfort eat a giant cake when sad but it's also only human to find another way to cope. People who succeed are not superhuman. People who succeed are humans who don't listen to people who give them permission to be happy while failing. People who succeed are people who remove the word "only". It's human to comfort eat cake while sad. It's human to find another coping strategy for feeling sad so as to not comfort eat cake. See how removing the word "only" makes all the difference?

Wise words, thanks.

How far are you roughly from the centre of London?

Tipp it's about 6.5 miles from me to Trafalgar Square, takes roughly half an hour - and I'm in Zone 2 of 6 in terms of closeness to London city itself - depending on traffic!

Wowser, just had the hugest nap - one way to stop grazing! :D

Just had the nicest dinner! Leftover h/m meatloaf, celeriac mash and greens fried in F/L butter spray - lush! Leftover leftovers for breakfast :D.

Might finish off with some Muller coconut yo that needs using up. Tried the latte one last week, it was gorgeous!

Last edited:
Just back from SW - maintained, which I'm a) not that surprised about but b) a little gutted, it's my first no loss in 9 weeks.

Obviously i need to go back to basics!

Maintaining is good at this stage...but keep going you are doing great.

Back