Susie's 2022 campaign

Hi Susie. I’ve not read a lot of this diary as it’s pretty long lol but it’s great! You’re open and funny and your meals look great. Looks like SW really suits you and you’re doing so well!

Charlotte x

Thanks Susie. All the best with yours too x

Morning - or should that be, moaning! (shades of 'Ello 'Ello there).

Terrible RLS last night, kept me awake for hours, so am like a zombie today - will zzz on the sofa later. I did have a lightbulb moment though in the wee hours and wondered if the RLS wasn't so much to do with menopause but the poor circulation in my legs. My lower legs are a not so fabulous colour of deep red/purple - it's a thing called venous insufficiency - and people who don't move much get it. It always lightens when I do some walking (like walking miles through Stansted coming back from Italy) but that's so painful because of my knees - so I looked up vibration plates and RLS and it turns out the plates can really help. So I ordered a cheapie one at 4am this morning, thinking I can sit on the sofa and read while it vibrates away! It arrives Wednesday so will report back. I haven't had an unbroken night's sleep for years, so it will be amazing if the plate does help!

I've also had to have stern words with myself re the bloody chocolate cereal bars I brought home from work, I can mow through a whole load of them without even blinking - so they have to go from the house. Am going to post on my SW FB group and see if anyone wants them for their kids!

Strict SP for me this weekend, in my usual last ditch attempt to get rid of the cereal bar gain - I haven't weighed but know there will be a gain.

B - eggs and ham slices with spinach and broccoli
L - same but with pork
D - same but with chicken

On the positive side, I've bought four (!) new shirts a size smaller than normal - M&S is doing a new range called Curves and has some lovely linen and cotton shirts.

Morning Susie! Sorry to hear about RLS - will be interested to see how you get on with the plates. I dont have discolorations but at times do get RLS and get the odd pain in my legs which makes me panic. I never go to the dr though becasue I don't want to be moaned at becasue of my size! Just got to crack on and sort myself out!!

Going to try and look at SP - doesn't make much sense to me yet. I'm signed up all ready to go but going to have my WI's on Sunday mornings. I saw one story where a guy had lost 7 stone in 25 weeks!! how on earth does that happen?!!!

Morning Susie, no internet so just catching up now. What a bloody pain about work AGAIN, have they no sense of the fact that you need to get on with your life and just need to know one way or the other. And sorry to hear about volunteer man (did we find a proper name for him).
But well done on the amazing weight loss, it is a great achievement.

I saw one story where a guy had lost 7 stone in 25 weeks!! how on earth does that happen?!!!

I know, the amount of weight men can lose - and quickly - is blooming unfair! :classic_err_what::classic_roll_eyes:

Morning Susie, no internet so just catching up now. What a bloody pain about work AGAIN, have they no sense of the fact that you need to get on with your life and just need to know one way or the other. And sorry to hear about volunteer man (did we find a proper name for him). But well done on the amazing weight loss, it is a great achievement.

Thank you Tippy - missed you! Yeah work is being a right pain. I'm trying to see it as "it's time to move on to something new and exciting" - but it's so convenient, being 5 minutes' away. But on the plus side - no more food temptations! The vol is called Richard :).

Morning all - back to SP today - just chewing on an egg/broccoli/pepper bake as I type - and it's very nice. Protein and spinach/broccoli for lunch and dinner; and tomorrow I'll have breakfast then maybe just a green smoothie until WI.

Did (some) chores yesterday so today is a relaxing reading day :). Have a good one!

Hi Susie. Sorry to hear you suffer with RLS. I get it sometimes and it really hurts. Hope the plates work well for you. I was wondering what SP is? I’ve been off here for a long time and I’m not familiar with all the lingo lol. Hope you have a nice relaxing reading day! X

Hi Susie :)

Hope you've had a good day today and that your RLS wasn't as bad last night! I love the sound of your ragu, nice and filling! xx

Thanks Susie, I still had to look It up! Slimming world is very different from when I done it at 15 lol. Used to just be red and green days and syns😂. Ragu sounds delicious! I should try and make a batch of something in the slow cooker, would be much easier for me. I think you’ve got the right idea there! X

Morning Susie. The Ragu sounds lush! I'm on my first week on SW :) Do you have both healthy extras on SP? Sounds like a good plan to try, but there is lots to take in. x

Hi Blossom

SW encourages you to have both HEA and HEB - but I do sometimes forget! You can always use the HEA as extra cheese on salad or pasta, and can have two Hifis for your HEB :).

Had the best plan to do a semi fast today then got into work to be faced with a bag of pain au raisin - only my most favourite pastry of all time! So of course I had one...WI ain't gonna be great, because although SW can be pretty forgiving, I think that's a step too far, after the million or so cranberry and chocolate bars I've had!

And I was right, all the cr*pola I've eaten ended up in a 2lb gain - but am OK with it, I know how it happened.

I just love my group, I was saying how hard it was to say no to the bad food at work, so two of them came out to the car with me and relieved me of a load of stuff - three pastas bakes, Cornish pasties, more of the granola bars, etc etc. It's all going to flatmates who can eat what they like - so we all feel better! :)

Dinner tonight is a pie - the last of the bad food, and then that's it - I'm not bringing any more home!

I'm laughing at the irony of going to a "diet" group and giving them.treat foods to bring home.

LOL yeah that is quite funny - but how sweet of them to help me in this way :).

Just met with a recruitment agency, went really well, just need to tidy up my CV and then hopefully they will find some nice roles to pitch me for.

B - lamb kofta leftovers
L - pasta bolognese and spinach
D - pork chops and cabbage

Have a good one!

Hi hun. That 2lbs will be off in no time! At least, as you say, you know why. Enjoy that pie lol! Hope that the agency find you a fab job x

The potential for finding a new job is very exciting!! You deserve somewhere that will respect your skills/knowledge/experience! Fingers crossed for you!

That 2lbs will be off in no time! You know why it happened and you aren't going to let it get to you. Just keep on trucking :) xx

🙋Just been playing catch up. Snap..again! I am a lover of Agent Provocateur 😸 I have decided I am moving next door to you so I can be the neighbour you give the chocolate too 😂 And I can't believe that again I am reading that work is messing you about..honestly, they do it everytime..they do not deserve you Suzie. As for your fancy man suddenly having a partner🤔Hmmm, I think he needs to be known as Dick, not Richard. It annoys me when they can't be straight up.

Anyhow sis, pleased to see you're doing really well. How are you liking the vibration plate? Is it the big round vibro plate advertised on the shopping channel? If yes, we've got one of them. X

Hello Sis, wondered how you were doing?! And yes please do move next door - last night I left out more bars, coffee and foccaccia rolls for my neighbour :). And then we can share perfume too haha.

Yeah bloody work eh?! I bet once I get a job somewhere else, they turn around and go "Oh we were going to offer you this..." - but it's all exciting, and who knows what the future holds - maybe the perfect job will come up down the coast!

Not a great start to the day -

B - coronation chicken sandwich (whoops)
L - SW ragu and spinach, fruit
D - pork stir fry

Have a good one xx

Back