Susie's 2022 campaign

oh dear ..... you've led me astray. I just loved my thermomix. And the M Cuisine now has a stew and a knead option. Awesome. And the steamer is bigger than a thermomix. So I have just filled in that form.....

Excited.com - the new d/washer arrives in the next hour! Been a hive of activity - laundry done, cat litter cleaned, rubbish out, vacuumed, soya milk made, and now just waiting for my expensive new toy :D.

Then it's brekkie, and then batch cooking - going to make the beef and aubergine bake again, and the chicken and ham hock pie - then I'm going to take all the older veg out of the fridge, clean it (the fridge), and chuck everything into the IP for a veggie curry stew with cauli rice.

Happily everything has pretty much gone as I hoped - the dishwasher is fitted and running nicely, and Asda came on time, although lots was missing again. Hopeless, won't order from them again unless I absolutely have to - but they are the only s'market selling Sominex herbal sleeping tablets, which I shall try out tonight. I've tried virtually every insomnia tablet going, so cross fingers this one helps! I've also got the Sominex antihistamine one coming - I have loads of different chem antihistamine sleep tablets but they don't work, and I'm getting really fed up with waking 3-4 times a night.

Never mind, a sausage casserole is all cooked, ready for dinner, with cheese and onion mash - 1.5 syns a serve for the sossies and the mash.

Tomorrow I'll do the beef bake, and the chicken pie - I might also make the cheesy chicken risotto, that was lovely - and that's plenty for the week :). I had five prepared stir fries and salads delivered, I know it seems an expensive way to do it but on my own it means I get variety without having to buy loads of stuff, which then goes off!

So, food today - which I think is SP?

B/L - HEB Nimble bread with HEA cheese, slices of ham and fried eggs - yummy :)
D - sossie casserole - speed is broccoli, carrots, onions, toms, swede, and might stir in some spinach before serving (1.5)
Syns - Hifis probably (6), and maybe an Options (2), Jelly (0.5)

Hope you've all had a lovely day x

You are so focused Suzie🌟 That 5 stone award will be in the bag on Monday, you deserve it 👏X

Thanks Sis! I did a SWI this morning and was a bit disappointed to see no movement whatsoever - I know, I know, I shouldn't weigh outside class but it's hard not to.

Anyhoo, it's still been a good week, with the exception of the horrible food day where I had to have sarnies instead - but there's been no cookies, syns 10-15 for 6 of the 7 days (1 small piece of choc cake on Friday at a farewell), and lots of speed, green tea and water. So we shall see tomorrow night - 5 stone might take a bit longer - but I'd love to lose 3 because that gets me in the 19s :).

B - eggs and ham on a bed of wilted spinach
L - got to pull my fingers out and make the beef and aubergine bake and have some of that with steamed red cabbage
D - Chicken and ham hock pie with a green salad
Snacks - HEA cheese and HEB crackers with marmite mmmm :D
Syns - 2 Hifis = 6

Also for this week - pork and apple burgers, lamb curry (it's a bit fatty so will have to syn it), fish and chips, maybe a chilli pasta bake. I do love the Pinch of Nom recipes, they usually come out well (except the Cuban beef) so think I'll reserve their new cookbook on Amazon and then wait impatiently until March, when it's actually published. :classic_roll_eyes:

A nice day here, blue sky and windy - hope it stays fine for a while yet!

Well that’s been a good batch cooking session - the beef and aubergine bake (slightly overdone) on top and the chicken and ham hock pie on the bottom.

Just wolfed down a portion of the chicken pie and it was really tasty. I'm constantly amazed how good food tastes when you actually follow a recipe :D :D

Last edited:
Just popped a lamb curry into the IP, will let it cook now and then let the flavours all mix after a day in the fridge and all ready for tomorrow night. I used Asda's frozen lamb cubes which aren't lean - so hopefully it won't be too fatty!

Also done Bs for the next two days, so I've got no excuse :).

I think I've changed my mind about the Monsieur Cuisine, because you can't slow cook in it.

Good to see you batch cooking Suzie..looking scrummy😋 I use PON a lot as they always seem to come out nice, just printed off the Cuban beef recipe to do for Dave but going to use chicken..why didn't you like it? I'll hold off on it now I think.
Have you tried their souvlaki, very popular here. Scales are weird! The little men inside them must have been on the razz last night and gone and thrown out the wrong number🙄 you've been so on track that they must have a hangover 😸

Scales are weird! The little men inside them must have been on the razz last night and gone and thrown out the wrong number🙄 you've been so on track that they must have a hangover 😸

Haha yeah maybe - I've decided to go to group without any expectations of a loss at all - so a pound or two off will be a bonus :).

I found the Cuban beef not very tasty, although you know how Dodge City my cooking is :D :D.

Today's delights -
B - egg, spinach and Asda light sossies (1)
L - green tea, etc
D - lamb curry with broccoli rice - smells lush!

Better go, I've moved desks and the boss is sitting behind me and can see my screen :classic_eek:

Wow hunny in 19 s fab lovely and down to size 22. How tall are you hunny? i know we are all diffrent but at 21.6 i a 26 in trouser and 24 in tops. I have it written down i was a size 22 at 18. 7 stone-but hoping to get there before then. I am 5'7"

That abergeine bake looks lovely xxx

Back