Susie's 2022 campaign

Morning all

Had a chocolate attack (the bars haven't made their way to the car yet!) last night but a light day foodwise and this morning's SWI shows no gain, and overall 2lbs down since Monday - so, a bit more of staying on plan and I might get last week's gain OFF!

B - tomato, cheese (half HEA) and pickle (2) roll (HEB), and a very healthy smoothie - banana, kale, yog, apple, cinnamon, ginger, spirulina and maca - phew!
L - spicy chicken with leafy greens, more smoothie
D - last of the chilli with cabbage and spinach

Have a good one!xx

Morning from a snowy north east☃ great about being 2lb down already, very promising for Monday's WI 😺
Liking the sound of your smoothie x

😸I can't get away with kale so use spinach instead..it's like the magic porridge pot when you open the bag😸 they never go down! I start adding spinach to everything too so it doesn't end up in the bin.
I follow a 17yr old on IG that makes the most beautiful looking smoothies, amazing colours!

Ugh couldn't sleep, so got up at 5am to make a breakfast omelette to bring to work, and it was well lush!

B - omelette with spinach, bacon, herbs and cheese
L - left over cauli pizza, plus chicken salad and cabbage - bizarre mixture but there you go :)
D - pork with leafy greens, i think - or might do a pasta bake

Trying desperately not to eat the chocolate - which STILL hasn't made it out to my car! Roll on Monday when i can offload the lot...

Just put in my formal resignation :cool:

Oooo how did you feel handing it in? I used to be a constant job hopper but got nervous each time, even though I was ready to go.
You need ear muffs on to stop hearing that chocolate calling your name, one bite and it's got you..why can't the likes of cabbage or a carrot have the same effect😸I wonder if anyone ever writes "oh I'm desperately trying not to eat a cabbage😹"

caught up with your life our susie wow it been up and down but glad your all settled now
wow you are doing well on the weight loss my dear friend so proud of you x x x

Morning Susie, wow you move fast.... Notice gone in already, well done. I know you are taking a break but havr you something in mind for after that. And are you staying in London or house hunting again.

Oooo how did you feel handing it in? I used to be a constant job hopper but got nervous each time, even though I was ready to go.

A bit nervous, even though there are loads of jobs out there - I think I've currently got applications in for about eight roles, either direct application or through agencies. And I've got an interview for an amazing job on Wednesday with the British Council! All forum members' fingers and toes crossed please :D.

You need ear muffs on to stop hearing that chocolate calling your name, one bite and it's got you..why can't the likes of cabbage or a carrot have the same effect😸I wonder if anyone ever writes "oh I'm desperately trying not to eat a cabbage😹"

Gosh ain't that the trusth sista! :)

caught up with your life our susie wow it been up and down but glad your all settled now
wow you are doing well on the weight loss my dear friend so proud of you x x x

Hello lovely Chezzie - and thanks love, it's been a fun ride with SW so far - I've gained more than lost lately - but I'm chipping away and staying on plan (so unlike me, as you know :)) - so hope to lose another 4 stone this year, and then get to target next year.

Morning Susie, wow you move fast.... Notice gone in already, well done. I know you are taking a break but havr you something in mind for after that. And are you staying in London or house hunting again.

Morning Tipp - the plan at this point is to have a week off, then help out a friend who is starting a business up and needs comms work (website, leaflets, banners for exhibitions, etc) - but I'm really hoping the BC job comes my way, I would just love it! And I can do my friend's work out of hours and on weekend.

Well ladies, I feel FABULOUS after a good 8-9 hours sleep! I took St Johns Wort to try and relax/turn my brain off, and it worked - I slept through until about 3.30am, got up for a loo break and a cup of tea, took another SJW and woke up at 9, with Stella telling me she needed her breakfast :D. I would just love it if this was the magic cure for not sleeping. I've also started on sage to try and reduce the menopause effects - apparently it takes a while to kick in but last night no hot flushes for the first time in days. I did get RLS once but took the magnesium and potassium as per usual - and didn't get it again. Think that might be the deep sleep effect! Happy days :).

B - eggs and HEA cheese on HEB toast, coffee mmm
L - pork meatloaf with kale and spinach
D - roast chicken, roast potatoes, sweet potato mash and green beans

Brrr it's cold out there - but all good inside, my new TV arrives at 1pm woohoo, and the new series of Grace and Frankie is live on Netflix - so that's my binge watching weekend sorted :D:D

Potassium.... I was trying to remember what is was. I must try some as legs getting very painful now.

Food looks good today.
Missed that you handed in your notice. Hope you will find a much better job soon.
Good night sleep is so important. Hopefully SJW will keep on working. I somtimes used kalms which worked well or the herbal Nytol. Xx

Morning all.

Thanks @Tibbs for the Menopace link - I do have some 5-HTP so might add that in to the mix. Chamomile doesn't agree with me, gives me awful nightmares, ditto valerian - odd, but but it's quite common according to the wise old www.

Woke at 3am last night and had trouble getting back to sleep until about 5, then conked out until 9, then fell asleep again until the cats had had enough at 10.30am :D. No hot flushes woohoo, and I had RLS twice but not as severely. I will buy shares in every sage producer in the country if it gets rid of my RLS!

Not been a great week foodwise, and I'm at that stage where it's Sunday morning, I want some toast and I'm on the verge of saying F...it, who cares if it's WI tomorrow, let's just have the toast. But will try and wait until midday and then have a big omelette with veg. I can have toast later (for some reason I've developed this thing where i want bread/toast before bed - anyone else?).

L - omelette
D - chicken with roast potatoes, broccoli and quark mustard sauce

Oooh @Tibbs I've put my Halo airfryer on eBay - decided it was a great gadget but I only ever use it for chips, and I don't have them very often! So out it goes :).

How good are you at disposing of gadgets you don't use..I just move mine upstairs and then into the loft! The ceiling will cave in one of these days😸I need to sell stuff! Do you do collection only on big gadgets?

Yes to night time toast! The only way to break that for me is to never have any at the beginning of the day, or I want it all of the time!

I was using valerian on Bobby in his last 2wks, hope he wasn't having nightmares😳X

Oh love i'm sure he wasn't - it works really well for most people, so don't worry xx

Yes I do collection in person for the bigger things but say that I welcome courier pickup by arrangement once it's been paid for. Also got a couple of other things on eBay, and if they all sell, they will pay for the TV - that's my rule now, before something new comes in, something old has to go out! I've got more stuff to put up - linen clothes that are way too big for me now, and a gorgeous crotcheted king sized bedspread which I can't use because the cats would make a mess of it with their claws! Will try and get them up today and if all this second lot sells then I'll buy this coffee maker :D - https://www.morphyrichards.co.uk/pr...ents-black-pour-over-filter-coffee-maker.html (it's cheaper on Amazon but for some reason the link won't post in here)

Big fail on the no toast lunch :classic_oops: - but it was lovely - melted cheese (HEA) and eggs mmm.

Ooo neat coffee machine! Good rule to have, one in one out..I should adopt that! I'd have not thought to offer courier pick up for large items, just need to organise myself and get things up on eBay.
Your lunch may have been a teensy naughty but sounds super yum😋
Enjoy your day ☀️

I agree with the toast, toast and a mountain if butter is always wsnted at 10pm if im not already asleep. I avoid it by not buying bread.

Back