Susie's 2022 campaign

Thanks Team :D

I did eat a load of crap last night, some celebration eh? Really must get out of that mindset!

But I'm straight back on the veg today, and will keep syns to about 10, and it should be OK - apart from lunch on Thursday and wine on Friday :banana_dancer:

B - ham and cheese toastie (HEA/HEB)
L - veg stir fry with roast beef
D - roast chicken and left over veg and green beans

Have a good one!

Quick update - didn't get the job - but felt a massive sense of relief at not having to drive all that distance!

More than one friend has told me I should go freelance - it's very tempting, but I'm a bit scared - although I do have two leads for work.

Sorry about the interview it you seem relieved. I think freelance for you is a good option especially if financially you have abit of a cushion. But it is a big step

Yes it really is - but who knows what the future holds? :)

Did my exit interview, so that's that done, and my official handover to the line manager on Thursday morning, plus am doing case studies and other stuff to keep me busy.

Got home to find my new coffee maker has arrived - and it's fabulous, makes excellent coffee :).

Last edited:
Morning all

Had a bit (hahahahaha) of self pity chocolate last night, so that's my syns for the next few days gone :classic_eek::classic_oops:. Oh well...

B - lots of veg in an eggy bake - and coffee
L - huge veg stir fry and roast beef with Skinny Foods sweet ranch dressing - it is a bit sweet for me but want to use it up, and virtually no cals
D - cottage pie with lots of cabbage
S - apple!

Have a good one!

Well that didn't go as planned, with a massive self sabotage incident! Went out with a friend for a shopping trip to TK Maxx at lunch, came back and was ravenous - and loads of carbs FELL into my mouth :classic_eek:! A chicken and bacon sandwich, some hummus on bread and two hot cross buns. I couldn't stop myself...:classic_oops:

Anyway, I'm having the stir fry for dinner instead, with lots and lots of water to try and flush out some of the bad stuff.

OMG the eating continued last night - chocolate, and two pastries I found in the freezer - and I've got lunch today and booze tomorrow! Why do I do it, when my loss was so good this week???? I so do not want to go backwards again!

But I've now got a job interview on Monday late afternoon so can't go to WI, which gives me 10 days to get rid of yet another ghastly gain - I hopped on the scales this morning and have gained five pounds! then there's lunch today, and then booze tomorrow - and probably carb collisions on Saturday as a result!

B - veg stir fy and a cheese toastie (HEA/HEB)
L - pasta with lemon chicken and tomato sauce
D - might finally get around to making the cottage pie!

But on a plus note - someone has offered me a breadmaker on Freecycle :).

And on a last happy note, Spring is here woohoo!!!

Hi Susie, i had a breadmaker and ended up throwing it out. I didnt really like the bread it made and i must have tried every version of every recipe. It was convenient to set it and have fresh bread for breakfast. But then you had to get the paddle out and that usually ripped the bread and it went stale very quick.

Afternoon all

Been a full on couple of days and a very late night at the farewell party last night, so am nursing a sore head today.

L - eggs on toast
D - chicken and veg pasta with quark and basil, and lots of cheese :)

No WI on Monday, got an interview, so that's two interviews next week, plus meeting with two agencies, so should be back in the arena of gainful employment soon.

I hear you Tipp on the breadmaker, I had in Italy and it did the same thing, but it's good for kneading the dough and then I can take it out and bake in the oven.

Sx

Morning all

What a difference a good night's sleep makes - feeling back in the land of the living today :).

Early start, collected the breadmaker (it's brand new, been used once), so will try that later. Done two loads of washing and cleaned up a bit, so time to relax now.

B - bacon medallions and eggs
L - salad, plus maybe soup
D - beans on HEB toast, with HEA cheese
S - maybe some choc, will see how i feel later

Rug up, it's brrr out there! x

Morning all

First day of 'freedom' and it does feel a little odd - but nice to have a bit of a lie in, especially as Stella was in my face bellowing for food from about 6am :).

Food is off plan today, want to clear out the freezer, and make room for lots of SW recipes, so won't list it here!

Nice to see it looking a bit brighter in the morning now - Spring is springing yaye!

Morning all

Lovely day yesterday, the movie was fab - "Can you ever forgive me?" - well worth seeing.

Trying to get back on plan with food today with the start of the batch cooking, so probably -

B - sossies and eggs, coffee
L - chicken risotto
D - mushroom soup

Have a good one x

Another day that didn't go to plan - just roasted the chicken, and didn't make the soup...

B - sossies and eggs
L - four ham slices and a banana sandwich (HEB)
D - chicken stir fry with my new favourite, edamame beans mmm
S - 2 rye cakes with sweet freedom (4), an Options (2), 2 Hifis (6), roast beef slices with 1 HEA cheese

Not sure what's going on but I could just eat and eat - although as usual when I'm in this mood, it's never to reach for a carrot or celery :classic_roll_eyes:. Having time on my hands maybe...it's all been SW food but perhaps in greater volumes than they intend :D :D

Will try and do better tomorrow, although I'm out and about - and at Jamie Oliver HQ for lunch, so will let myself go off plan for that :).

How come you are at HQ for lunch?
And where do you get the edame beans, i live them too. Do Iceland do them, i havent really looked at their veg section

The edamame beans are frozen, from Birds Eye, think I got them from Sainsbury's.

Well, another day, another change - got called about a contract role early this morning and they want to see me urgently (got let down by another contractor) so have had to postpone my other appointments for today, including lunch at Jamie Oliver HQ - @tipperary the lunch is to catch up with the head of HQ following our successful launch of the Community Cookery School - but it can happen anytime.

So now I'm just waiting to hear what time this new place wants to see me...such is the life of a freelancer :).

Back