Susie's 2022 campaign

Ah Susie it's not a real 10lb, most will be water and will be off soon. Hope the passport issue gets sorted soon, have a lovely weekend!

Thanks lovelies - I went for lunch today with two mates and they had me laughing about it in no time, so I feel a lot better now. It's just a waiting game but hopefully will be sorted by this time next week.

Think I'll just do a bit of calorie counting for a while, until I can sort out SW classes.

@Tessa2000 what level cals did you put yourself on? xx

Thanks lovelies - I went for lunch today with two mates and they had me laughing about it in no time, so I feel a lot better now. It's just a waiting game but hopefully will be sorted by this time next week.

Think I'll just do a bit of calorie counting for a while, until I can sort out SW classes.

@Tessa2000 what level cals did you put yourself on? xx

On My Fitness Pal it says 1900 calories but I usually eat around 1500.

Thanks Tessa, I'll do the same - will post cals at the end of the day.

Still stunned by what's happened in NZ, keep bursting into tears :(. Luckily I don't have to go anywhere today - plus it's blowing a gale out there.

Morning all

Finally accounted for all NZ family and friends this morning and everyone is safe - and defiant! The NZ government is spot on by banning semi automatic weapons, it won't stop the psychopaths completely, but will make it a million times harder for someone to do such a barbaric terrorist act. Anyhoo...

Food started off well yesterday, then disappeared in a mound of chocolate. Think I'll just write off this entire week!

I absolutely know that SW is the right plan for me - I need the control that the weekly class provides - but I'm just not feeling the love at the moment. I just don't know why I'm struggling with trying to keep my head in focus so much at the moment, but all I can do is try and do it one meal at a time and not get too worked up about going over syns in the evening. Any words of encouragement gratefully received!

I am glad your family and friends are safe. What a relief.
You will get back on plan. Maybe see if you can speak to the group coach? Otherwise maybe try new recipes? Its hard. Xx

Lady F it seems like you’ve had a lot of upheaval, change and uncertainty lately. No wonder Slimming World has taken a backseat! But like you said, it really works for you and going to group provides you with the extra support and structure you need. So maybe time to go back to group and carry on where you left off? Xx

Thanks to you both, wise words. I was a lot better with food yesterday - and yes @sarahbr I will absolutely get back to group. Can't go tonight, got to pick up my friend from hospital, and next week is (hopefully) the first day of work - so will be back in two weeks. I keep saying this and then ignoring my own advice but I just cannot have chocolate or biscuits in the house because if they are there, I will eat them! That means no more HiFis either.

Yesterday's food -

B - egg and turkey sossies (3), coffee
L - HEA/B cheese on toast, banana, orange
D - breaded chicken and a huge bowl of salad with low mayo (2)
S - 2 rye cakes with Sweet Freedom (3), yogurt with raspberries and Sweet Freedom (2), pot of green tea
Syns - 10
Water/tea/coffee - 10

Weight this morning, down 3lbs - still a bit to go to get back to last official weight but getting there.

Hey Susie, so shocking and upsetting what has happened in NZ - thank goodness all you friends and family are safe.

Well done on your 3lb down so far, just keep going and the rest of that gain will soon be off. I am 10lb up from my lightest weight this morning as have just been pigging out, we all struggle at times just got to keep going!

Ah amazing! Hope you have a good first day!

Wow first days are a bit overwhelming. Everyone is lovely and it’s all so posh compared to my last place. I had to send an old work mate a pic of the gleaming loo earlier, compared to the old one where the door handle kept coming off and it sometimes wouldn’t flush 😂.

But I am 100% on plan with food!

B - WW wrap (HEB) with HEA cheese and low fat sossies (1) and coffee on the bus
L - ham and green leafy salad with skinny south west dressing
D - pork chilli with salad
S - yog, fruit, sweet freedom (2)

Phew! Back home - this working for a living is hard work isn't it? :D It's a relatively easy commute on my knees, but is the most walking I've done in ages, so let's hope a bit more weight off will help there.

Change of plan for dinner, too knackered to do anything but brown the pork, bung in some ready cut stir fry veg and some Skinny Food Co BBQ sauce - it's supposed to be syn free but I can't find it on the syn calculator. Must ask at group and I also think I'll get some SW ready meals for dinner. I also emailed the boss (I report directly into the President ooh ahh missus!) to ask if I could leave 90 mins early on Mondays and make it up elsewhere - still waiting to hear, he's a busy guy - and in New York most of the time.

I also need to take something in for snacks at 3pm because a woman comes round with a trolley LOADED with cakes - today it was cheesecake! :classic_eek::classic_eek::classic_eek: - my absolute favourite. But I was strong and resisted, go me - and I've told all in the office they have to be my food police :). So, 100% on plan today woohoo.

All in all - a great day :D. Hope yours was the same.

Aounds brilliant Susie! well done you, and good idea to start as you mean to go on. I’m am so guilty of just accepting high cal food because I’m weak and/or I don’t want to draw attention to me being on a diet - I’m so silly! Well done on resisting the cheesecake x

I know, how good am I?! :)

As long as I get some batch cooking done each weekend and pack food up each night for the following work day, I should be able to stay on plan no problem (apart from those times when I fall/jump spectacularly off the wagon!). So, today -

B - WW wrap (HEB) with ham and salad, coffee, water, vits
L - l/o pork stir fry with Skinny Food Co South West sauce (syn free, confirmed by my SW group) and green salad, apple
3pm snack - Muller yog, apple (so I can say NO to the wicked cake trolley lady)
D - southern fried breaded chicken and salad (using the syn free coating from Tony's Kitchens, just love it)
S - 6 tsp Sweet Freedom (3), rye cakes (2), HEA cheese and marmite

Have a good one, all x

Oh wow great first day, cheesecake trolley sounds like a nightmare but well done for resisting it. Hope you can get the early dart on a Monday to get to group. Excited for you :classic_big_grin:

Back