Susie's 2022 campaign

Wow... absolutely horrendous treatment for your colleagues. I bet you are delighted to be leaving, not long now, stay strong!

You seriously won't believe this but another colleague, who has been on sick leave this week, messaged to say she's resigning tomorrow. Have I started a trend????

That's five people gone from a team of 12 - four in four days.

So - onwards and upwards. I feel very fat, my tummy is huge, and that would be because I've eaten nothing but pizza, bread and chocolate for the last 2-3 weeks. I had some of my veg curry for lunch yesterday and it gave me the most awful cramps - seriously I had to fart at the bus stop or suffer serious consequences, and the noise - well let's just say that the brass section of the loudest orchestra in the world had nothing on me today! So, embarrassment levels were high - I had counted on most passers by wearing headsets - but not all of them, one man gave a little scream! o_O

Not doing any better tonight - it's wine for dinner. Massively depressed because of the polling predictions for tomorrow's election saying that bad bad (bad, bad) man will sweep it. Does that mean I'm out of touch? Hmm maybe. But I think not, I think people are sucked in by his untruthful rhetoric and it sickens me.

There is something very wrong at your workplace. Incredible that over 1/3 of the workforce have shipped out ! Wonder what will become of it?
The screaming man made me chuckle ! Poor you ! Hope you feel better and brighter soon x

Just reporting in from Seaham. Smooth trip and a lovely room in the hotel, presentations all printed out and interview clothes hung up - so I’m all set for tomorrow 😎.

Yeah re work it is really crazy. That’s five people gone in four days now, plus me, and everyone is starting to leave stinky reviews on Glass Door. But the management is so arrogant they won’t learn from it and improve, they will just blame us as bad workers.

Best of luck Susie, hope it goes really well for you. No farting at the interview😊

No farting at the interview😊

LOLOL spoilsport! :)

Well I must have done something right because they said they would tell me the result on Tuesday, but then the agency rang an hour later saying they really didn't want for me to have to wait over the weekend and they've offered me the job - WOOHOOOOOOO!

Which is fantastic but now I really have to get my skates on and a) rent my place, b) pack, c) find somewhere to live up there, d) drive up with the cats and e) start on on 17 June! :classic_eek:

Woohoo!!!!!! Well done Susie! I knew you would get it😃 I’m so chuffed for you. You’ll be busy but it’ll be so worth it! X

Thats great news Susie well done, im thrilled for you. What will youne doing in this job? And what was it about the last job that was so toxic.

Thanks so much ladies! It's all very exciting, I couldn't sleep for stuff zooming around inside my brain :D :D.

What will you be doing in this job? And what was it about the last job that was so toxic.

Tipp I'll be PR and Brand Comms Manager for a large company that provides support services to small businesses around the country. Their head office is in Seaham, in a gorgeous building overlooking the sea :), with about 60 people there, and there'll be occasional travel to their other offices in various cities - total employees about 180 I think.

The interview was a good laugh actually, they are such nice people. They'd asked me to do a presentation for the launch of a new product, and I was supposed to do a written task as well, but apparently my presentation covered it all, so they were happy. The Director of Marketing is a lovely guy and I'm confident we'll work well together. The HR Manager was away, but he really wanted to be able to make me an offer yesterday so I could relax on the weekend, bless him.

I've made one of my famous To Do lists this morning. Now I've just got to wait until one of the estate agents opens, they have a 2 bed property to rent that will suit me and the cats fine for a year or so. It was still available last week so cross fingers it still is. I drove past it on Thursday night and it's a good area, and about 5 minutes drive to the office woohoo - NO MORE COMMUTE! :D. It looks to be a very similar layout to my current flat, so I'll just take it sight unseen, and then that's one big thing off the list - and I can decide on a moving date, probably about the 10th, I think.

Fingers crossed its still available

How nice seeing the sea from work. You showed how much you put into your work then by only needing to do the presentation! Brilliant 😄 Fingers crossed for the flat.

Hope you have a good day hunny x

Thanks love, it's been crazy busy but in a good way :). The flat I originally had my eye on has gone, but they have another that's very similar, so I'm getting the details on that on Tuesday. Meanwhile, the guy whose hotel I stayed at in Seaham, is plugged in to everyone, knows the guy who owns the biggest estate agency and is going to speak to him about a house for me this weekend - who you know, eh? LOL.

And in more exciting news, I put my London flat on OpenRent (brilliant, BTW) at midday and by 2pm had two viewings - one for tomorrow, one for Monday. If one of them takes it, I will be well made up! So I've just hoovered and mopped and cleaned the B&K and done a general tidy up, so the place is looking OK, despite the boxes I've already accumulated!

Now just waiting for a couple of mates to pile round for what I predict will be a messy evening :D. How easy to revert back to old soak-dom! :D. But once I move and am settled, it's definitely back to SW and sobriety lol.

Afternoon all

A messy night it was, indeed - but a lot of fun :D.

Had a viewing today, went ok, and two more tomorrow. Then back to stinky work - but only for nine more days woohoo!

Food today - bad, but needed the carbs (she says, haha). Will try and get back on track a bit on Tuesday.

Glad you had a great night! And carbs are sometimes a must lol.

Good luck with your next viewings and those nine days should fly by😃 x

Are they viewings to rent out your flat.

While you are in a limbo its hard to stay on track. Will you go to a SW groul when you move

Yes Tipp it's to rent out my London flat - three today, let's hope one of them goes for it, and then that's a big worry off my mind.

And yes, once I move I'll head straight to an SW group in Seaham, there's quite a few, so I've got a good choice of days and times.

Grey old day here, just doing another little tidy up, then will start packing books and CDs.

Back