Susie's 2022 campaign

Thanks ladies :).

Rain again, but it's nice to be getting back into a work week rythym again. The launch roll out all went well overnight across social media etc, so we're now called UMi. Unusual, I know, but here's the explanation from the new website - "The name ‘UMi’ (pronounced oo-me) comes from the abbreviated form of Ursa Minor – a constellation explorers and pioneers have been using for navigation over centuries. The Pole Star, which is the Alpha star of the constellation, is a constant in the night sky. It’s always there to guide people. Just like us."

It's going down well with staff, and the office has been all painted, with groovy furniture and a hanging wicker chair that eveverone thinks I should have, as it's very PR :D.

Tried a few clothes on last night and some things are getting tight - so it's defo back to SW next week. I'd go tomorrow night but I'm interviewing a cleaner - but will try and get back on track at home anyway.

Sounds interesting! How nice that it’s all freshly done up too😃

I’ll try and get back on track with you x

Lovely to hear how you are settling in :) I'm a bit jealous that you are so close to the sea!! I'm glad the job is good so far! xx

Morning all

Some blue sky again - twice in one week! :classic_eek::classic_cool:. I've discovered the plan is to get to work early - there's a call centre downstairs and they tend to take all the parking spots, so today I got here before 8 and I'm right outside the building :). My knees are really feeling all the extra weight I've piled on over the last few months - never mind all the excuses, even if they were good ones, the reality was that I ate like it was Christmas every day - but my head is now getting back in the game and I'm looking forward to getting back to group!

Sounds like a good plan getting in early, can you then leave early too and enjoy ALL that sunshine, ☀️😎
You will get back on track, you always do. Look how great you did once you got settled back from Italy.

I used to like getting to work early. I’d get a parking space and I’d have some quiet time to relax and not feel rushed.

You've got this Susie 😃 Is group on Monday? X

I think Thursday is a much betternday than Monday for a weigh in

Yes I think so too. So, the cleaner is sorted, starts next week. Handyman coming round tonight to price up a few jobs, and on Monday I'm taking the car to a bodywork garage to cost up getting all the scrapes and bumps sorted out - so I'm getting a few home jobs ticked off the list.

Feel awful today though, forgot to take my hayfever pill this morning and my eyes are red and nose is runny. Lovely :)

I agree, Monday is an awful day for weigh in lol.

It’s good you’re cracking on with the jobs😃

Hope you have a good day and feel better x

Morning campers! :)

Hayfever is back under control yaye, and I had a great night's sleep, so have been zipping around doing stuff at home since 8am - two loads of washing out to take advantage of the nice weather. Must buy some clothes pegs, having a washing line is a real novelty after hanging clothes up on a clothes airer inside most of the time in London :).

Also vacuumed, got a mop delivered, and fixed a problem with my screen after the stupid M'soft update last night - if your screen is dark when the charger is in, it's to do with a setting in Power Options. Shout and I'll post full instructions. Feeling quite proud of myself TBH - I'm not hugely tecchy but I posted the fix on the M'soft forum and it's already helping people :).

Last few days of emptying the fridge/freezer before SW on Thursday!

I had to have a little nap to recover :D:D. Need to wake up fully, then it's off to Wilko (Seaham has good shops :)).

One thing I have noticed up here is that it only gets really dark at night for just a few hours, maybe because we're much further north? In London the sky would be very dark by half ten-11pm, but it's more like 1.30am here, then it starts getting light about 4am. When I get my own place I'll get proper blackout blinds, but for now I'll use an eye mask thing. Supplemented by little naps of course!

I have blackout blinds and curtains in most rooms now so if I need a sleep during the day I don’t need to move rooms lol. They are brilliant and really worth it! X

I agree about being further north, and west too. We have blackout blinds, right now its dark barely for 3 hours

Morning all

Had a bit of a lost Sunday - friends came over on Saturday, we had loads of wine and I felt like pants all day yesterday. Smoked too much too, felt quite tight chested and my hayfever was out of control - so I am taking action this week, it's Operation Get Healthy!

I'm back at SW on Thursday, and I'm giving up alcohol and swapping from cigs to vaping. My pledge to myself - this time next year, I want to be another 5 stone lighter, a non smoker and able to walk more than two steps without huge pain.

GAME ON!

Vaping stuff is coming in my Asda shop on Wednesday, along with good healthy food. I also popped into Aldi on my way to work (so nice to be able to do that) and got salad bowls, stir fry and chicken, so it's not going to be too horribly out of control until SW on Thursday. Today, not so great -

B - southern fried chicken fillet on white roll with light mayo, coffee, banana
L - chicken and salad roll, 2 litres of water, yogurt, apple
D - more chicken and salad

Gosh I am so looking forward to getting back to SW - although WI will be awful, I wouldn't be surprised if I've put 2 or 3 stone back on - but no drama, I know I can get it off again. Not waiting until Friday, going to get back to the main principles tomorrow.

Back