Susie's 2022 campaign

I dont count either, i should but i dont. Ive used Carb manager too to calculate my breakfast smoothie. Its under 20g and then the rest if the day i just avoid as much as i can. I dont have carb replacements, just meat, green veg and cheese.

Thanks peppes, very sensible advice. I've popped some basic levels into MFP so I can keep an eye on keepng fats high, not going bonkers on protein and keeping carbs around 30g.

And we're off! Did a WI which I knew was going to be BAD...and it was :).

B - cheese, herb and spinach omelette with butter, coffee
L - chorizo sausage and buttered cabbage with a small salad
D - pesto chicken casserole
S - lots of water, about 2 litres, 1 small stock cube in hot water later for the salt

Have a feeling I'll be stuffed after that lot but have got some pork scratchings and nuts on hand if not. Both the chorizo and pesto chicken will have leftovers, so they will do for tomorrow.

Gorgeous day here today - I was going to get stuck in and make the fatboy bagels, but Asda didn't deliver eggs (!), so I've got Tesco coming out today to cover all the stuff that didn't come yesterday - the guy said they were noticing shortages already!

Been reading up on bulletproof coffee, so I might try that tomorrow and see if it keeps me full until lunchtime - then that's my 16 hour fast :).

Anyone else tried it? I just wish my blender/Nutri Ninja had glass cups, don't want to buy another gadget just for the coffee, but everyone advises to use a blender, otherwise it's a bit nasty.

I havent tried it, i dont drink coffe and it doesnt sound very appetising even if i did. If possible just have regular coffee and try to stretch your breakfast time each morning.

LOL it does sound bleurgh, doesn't it - but I'll give it a try tomorrow, worked out I can use my hand blender. Everyone swears that it fills you up until lunchtime, which means a 16 hours fast :).

Had more pesto chicken for dinner with the rest of the salad, so yummy, will definitely make it again.

You're a braver woman than I am. I love my coffee, but I don't think I could stomach it with butter in! Your lunch and dinner for today sounds yummy though!

Morning all - but "moaning" is more like it - a really terrible night's sleep, I chucked everything at the RLS but nothing worked for longer than an hour. If it gets much worse I may need to think about going part time at work, which is a bit worrying because I can't really afford to do it - but this is doing my head in. And the house was so hot and stuffy - might have to put aircon on the "to buy" list for the new house, I had a powerful fan on all night but still wasn't comfortable.

And reporting back on the BPC - it is definitely an acquired taste, the first couple of sips were horrible, but I'll finish it off and see if it stops me from being hungry until lunch - but I've got backup nuts, in case not!

I managed to get on top of the macros, basically by changing the goals in MFP and not worrying too much about it LOL - but will give 20g a go for a couple of weeks and see how I get on. I did graze last night on nuts and some pork slices - it's the "not hungry but want something" problem again, but hopefully that will go soon.

B - BPC with coconut oil and MCT oil
L - avocado and salad, maybe with roast beef chunks
D - pork and spinach with creamy mustard sauce

Have a good one x

Susie im sorry to hear that about the RLS. But you really have tried everything so best to give the experts a chance, if you can find an expert.

Thanks hun - the one that seems to work the best also turns some people into gambling addicts and - overseaters! Uhoh. Still at least they get some sleep lol.

Decided not to do the BPC any more - as well as it tasting icky and lukewarm (ew), it so didn't fill me up. I was hungry within an hour, so had roast beef chunks as well.

Well that was an exercise in futility. Got to the medical practice and not only did they not have me down for an appointment (even though I'd booked one earlier), but they were just about the most unhelpful women ever, saying it would take 2 weeks to register, and then another week to get an appointment! And they just stared at me like three gormless garden gnomes, without any empathy or helpful suggestions. WTFFFF??? I've left them a stinky review on the NHS pages, to join others that were already there.

London is so much better equipped for emergencies, with loads of walk in clinics everywhere. Here I'd have to drive 5 miles, not a lot I know, but I'm so exhausted, I'm not sure I could drive safely.

So then I thought I'd just buy some codeine and maybe that would knock me out. No sorreee - turns out you can't buy it over the counter any more, you need a prescription - and for that you need a doctor. So we come full circle. I sat in the car outside the pharmacy and had a cry, then pulled my big girl pants on, came home, searched the cupboards, found some Paramol (which has codeine in it) and a few sleeping tablets, so will give them a whirl - safely, I promise!

Oh no Susie, thats just stupid. Do you nothave an emergency after hours surgery, or self refer to A and E at a hispital if its that bad

I think we can still but Solphadene but you have to talk to the pharmacist to get it. How have you left it with the GP, are you to go back or trying another one

Oh no Susie, thats just stupid. Do you nothave an emergency after hours surgery, or self refer to A and E at a hispital if its that bad....I think we can still but Solphadene but you have to talk to the pharmacist to get it. How have you left it with the GP, are you to go back or trying another one

There's a hospital about 5 miles away, but as i said i didn't fancy driving that distance while I was so tired. I also went to the Primary Care Centre in Seaham, where there's another surgery - same story, 2 weeks to register, another week for an appointment. Gosh no wonder people self diagnose/medicate off the net! At the end of the day it's my own fault for not registering when I first moved, but live and learn, eh? I'll register with the second one anyway and then make sure I'm registered straight away with another one near the new house once I move.

In the meantime, I did a bit better on the sleep front last night - Paramol before bed, then mag/potassium twice during the night - but may have stumbled across something else that will help. I got up at 3am to have a cup of tea and felt a bit peckish, so had two meatballs - and the mag/pot combo seemed to work much faster - so maybe it's about eating something at the same time to help it absorb faster? And tea helps me sleep too. I remembered later that I used to have bread before bed regularly, so will get cracking on the fatboy dough bagels and other low carb bread so i can pick this up again.

B - meatballs and eggs, coffee - had the coconut oil and MCT separately this time, like medicine :D :D
L - l/o pesto chicken over salad
D - cheeseburger pie
S - bacon strips, nuts

Oooh was naughty and did a SWI this morning and I'm down 6lbs already! Don't care if it's water weight, it's such a boost! :)

Last edited:
You're right it is a boost. I feel so much more confident today knowing that 1kg is gone.

I love this WOE - it really makes me feel so much more full and sated - and more unlikely to go and graze!

I'm just over in carbs today, but keeping to under 30g which I'm really happy with :). Looking forward to the cheeseburger pie - mayo, mozzarella, cheddar, mince, mmm - will post the recipe now.

Great to know Susie. Im always amazed that im not hungry, greedy yes but not hungry

I join you on the greed front, my eyes are always bigger than my stomach :D.

Well team fab I got nearly eight hours sleep last night - 5 in a row - and I feel like a million dollars! Not sure how it happened, but only had RLS once, and when I did wake I got back off fairly quickly. I can't tell you how good this feels :D. Cross fingers it's one of the benefits of the low carb lifestyle, which hopefully means it will just continue to improve - and then just watch my dust! :D

B - l/o cheeseburger pie and coffee, plus a tsp each of MCT and coconut oils
L - last of the pesto chicken with green leafy salad
D - might have a go at making the bagels and have cheese and marmite on toast :)
S - avocado, nuts, pork scratchings

Have a fabulous day, all x

Morning all

Back to not much sleep last night but hopefully I can get more sleep tomorrow. No idea why it happened, unless it has to do with sugar. The night before I didn't have my two squares of Lindt 85% choc; last night I did - so will go without tonight and see if that has any impact. I also doubt I'll show much of a loss on Monday because I had bread at 3am to help the magnesium absorb. I'll get cracking on making the fatboy dough bagels and other low carb bread so I've got plenty in stock for middle of the night dramas. And I need to drink more water.

B - l/o cheeseburger pie and spinach, coffee, MCT oil
L - a big serve of l/o dinner - my own chucked together chicken coconut and veg
D - chorizo and sauteed cabbage

Sx

Back