Susie's 2022 campaign

Well it's been a massive food fail today - I hung out until about 11.30am then got a pasty, a caramel slice and also had a small salad roll. Honesly, no wonder i never get anywhere - I'm as bad as those SW women, Snowy! :classic_eek: :classic_oops:
You are not..they'd be saying that had an apple afterwards and it was speed so they should still lose.

Yep too true, we could all write the definitive weight loss plan book!

I just wish I could keep in focus for longer. I did a whole year with SW (and no alcohol the entire time omfg), with obvious slips along the way, but I kept doing it - and I'm sure that was down to being in a fab group, I really looked forward to seeing them all each Monday.

As I said earlier, I've tried three different groups here now and didn't get on with them, but SW as a plan works ok for me - although it can get boring - but so can every plan, and that's when the grass seems greener and I jump ship!

I've tried doing SW on my own and didn't do so well, but I need to do something because I'm all over the place at the moment - and man can I make excuses..."I don't have time / I'm too tired to cook when I get home / the kitchen's too small to do batch cooking" - well duh that's what my fab new slow cooker is for, and why is it still in the box?! And I just need to make time on the weekends and get the week's food ready.

I flip between 'couldn't give a fig, eat whatever you like' to an overwhelming sense of sheer utter bloody panic at gaining yet more weight - but the panic doesn't translate into staying on plan :classic_eek::classic_oops:

My panic.always turns into a binge. Like I panic decide I need to diet forever because I'm so overweight and then order a takeaway and eat cake/chocolate/crisps as if I'll never have any ever again. And then i do not start the forever diet. Sometimes I start a diet. But sometimes I do.drift into all the nice food before it stops forever more for some time. It's deeply unhelpful that I can recognise this pattern yet not escape it.

Yep that's me to a tee! I had for lunch today the most amazing yorkshire pudding wrap with crispy chicken in it - seriously yummy. Then cake. Then chocolates.

Now my stomach is the size of Argentina and I feel like I should be slowly sucking spinach leaves for dinner...

Bless - the canteen where i work does yorkshire pudding wraps on occassion and they are amazing (one of their few good meals its a lot of something and chips in there which is why i have to stay out of there!)

No spinach for dinner - then you'll feel deprived and it will continue the cycle.

No spinach for dinner - then you'll feel deprived and it will continue the cycle.

True. I ended up having a sandwich...

A yorkshire pudding wrap, never heard of it.

Tipp I think it must be a northern thing, it's basically the same dough that you use to make a yorkshire pud, but flattened out to a wrap shape and then I think they bake it?

Well morning all from the rainy north - nasty old day, and set to stay the weekend. It's so changeable up here!

Also started on Vicks First Defence last night - my boss has been coughing and sneezing for a few days, and last night I sneezed twice and thought "Uh oh!" - so we shall see if it works. I used it before bed, and once in the night (you're supposed to use it every four hours) and I slept surprisingly well and feel a little sniffly this morning but OK - touch wood!

B - ham and cheese toastie, coffee
L - thick veg soup, toast, apple
D - depends what mood I'm in - either veg in the slow cooker, or a takeaway...

Have a good one x

Yorkshire puddings are made from batter (it's weirdly like pancake batter but i think with more raising agent) so they just pour it in a tray with hot oil and bake and you'll get a one the shape of the tray. (And then knock the air out it with a spoon to make the wrap)

I mean the changes are quite often to rain up here! I love the rain when I'm not out on it especially at the coast when the wind is wild - my oh thinks i'm weird because when i have trouble sleeping one of those thunderstorm white noise type things really helps me get to sleep,

Fingers crossed you dodge the cold - I do think the first defence is very effective but it's also bloody awful - i sometimes use it once and then talk myself out of it - i'm sure i'm not really getting a cold. Regret it when i do end up with a cold though and wish i'd stuck with it.

I'm doing ok on First Defence but that's maybe because I'm so used to nasal sprays anyway because of my hayfever. Had one sneeze this morning, so am holding my own!

I love the rain too - looking at it, at least, so it's perfect weather for a cozy Friday night in with the cats and a good book :)

I'm okay with the hayfever spray (which I actually take for my asthma) but first defence burns!

Yes exactly - one plus side of the dark nights drawing in is that its acceptable to start being a hermit and staying in with a book :)

Hope the cold clears up. The rain here has been dangerously heavy.

Morning all

Had an incredibly lazy, sleeping, reading, cuddling with the cats day yesterday - just couldn't organise myself to do anything! Very indulgent but lovely too.

GaGirl thanks I did have a flick through the How Not To book but will need to re-read once I get my head back in the game. I'll put out a press release when that happens LOLOL but will try and inspire myself to do some meal prep later.

TBH I'm just trying to keep a handle on avoiding really bad excesses until I move and get myself sorted out.

I do need to rein in the carbs though - I love potatoes and bread sooooo much but need to get back to a sort of SP or low carb approach - ie protein and green veg - for at least my evening meal. Despite declaring I was never going to buy another cookbook I tool delivery of Hugh F-W's "Three Good Things" yesterday (can't resist the buy a book for a penny thing on Am!) and there's some nice ideas in that.

If only there was an weight loss plan which included both fats AND carbs in unlimited quantities lol.

Morning all

Got slightly organised last night and made my meals for today, very much thrown together but they will fill a gap and stop me heading for the pastry van!

B - baked beans, spinach and friend eggs, 2 pieces of wholemeal toast with cream cheese, coffee
L - baked beans, tuna, spinach, apple
D - my gazillionth attempt at a veg casserole!

Have a good one x

Well done on minimising. If you find the plan with unlimited carbs and fat let me know. (Makes me think if that doctor who episode with the adipose babies. I would totally sign up for that. The alien babies are welcome to the fat.)

Food looks good. I love the gazillionth attempt at a veg casserole. A lot of my veg based meals are never the same twice because I just chuck in whatever I have. Normally comes out nice but never the samem

I love the gazillionth attempt at a veg casserole. A lot of my veg based meals are never the same twice because I just chuck in whatever I have. Normally comes out nice but never the samem

Yeah well that didn't happen, had to stay late at work and have brought work home, so got chips on the way home and omg they were lovely. I just inhaled them! Got them from the chippy NEXT DOOR to my new house - which is obviously going to be hellishly dangerous!!!

Back