Susie's 2022 campaign

Ahh Happy Birthday! Hope you have had a lovely day :)

Wishing you lots if luck for your interview tomorrow Susie! I’ll be thinking of you xxx

Hope the interview goes well!

Thanks ladies!

Well it's a no from me on the job - way too long a commute, and I don't think the role would be busy enough. So, it's back to job hunting :).

Food - terrible, my neighbour bought me a chocolate cake last night, and today had fish and chips. Oh dear...back on it tomorrow!

Hi Susie - belated happy birthday! Xx

Pity about the job, it sounded like it would have suited you
And every now and then chocolate cake is needed for the soul. Back into diet and job hunting tomorrow.

Shame about the job but a long commute is a killer so don't blame you. Birthday cake (and calories) don't count so I wouldn't worry about that :classic_roll_eyes:

Oh Sis, I missed your birthday🙀 Happy belated birthday hugs🎈🎉🎊💐
Good about your STS & pity about the job but putting a yellow outlook on it, something better must be in your destiny.
BTW, my garden is a suntrap hence the 40deg..it was 28 in the front☀️😎
Enjoy your day X

Morning Team Fab!

I am very happy about the job not being the one for me. The more I think about it, the more I know I'd be unhappy in the role - not busy enough, and they avoid any pitching to press because they've got burned in the past - because they are convinced that big pharma companies are paying the press to print negative stuff about homeopathy. And I'm sure they're right to an extent but they seemed a bit extreme to me.

Oh Sis, I missed your birthday🙀 Happy belated birthday hugs🎈🎉🎊💐X

Thanks Sis! Really pleased I took the day off, lots of people from NZ/Oz rang and I would have missed them otherwise :). Ate virtually a whole chocolate cake over the last two days so another STS is anticipated :D.

B - h/m toastie - HEB bread, sossies (1), 1/2 HEA cheese, chilli tom puree
L - chicken breast with salad - toms, cucumber, lettuce, sugar snaps - + grapefruit and maybe an apple
D - lamb curry with spinach mmm
3 7's - 7 Speed Y / 7 water - will do / 7 Syns - we'll see :classic_roll_eyes:

Have a good one!

Your food for today looks really nice. I like the idea of having a sausage butty for breakfast & think I'll add that to next week's menu. I'm struggling to get my syns on 7per day, I'll give it my all starting next Monday. X

Wow, congrats on the nomination for the award. They are really silly to let you go.

Yeah I'm a bit chuffed - it focused on FareShare being the Daily Telegraph Christmas Charity, we got loads of articles out of it - so, not all my own work, but a fair bit of it.

Just thinking about how I can get extra income - a friend of mine hosts language students, two at a time, and gets £800 a month for it! I'd have to move into the small room to have two of them but I could pay off my mortgage in 18 months! And it's tax free (up to about £8K a year I think).

Well done Susie. You should be really proud of yourself. You make a difference in the work you do. Nice to be recognised for it.
Friend of mine did the overseas student hosting. Some were great some not so much. I suppose that's the nature of the job though

We've just been looking at hosting students too, my BIL has 5 all in college and it pays his mortgage and more. I applied to an agency this week but it was secondary school students so I said no...I'm finished being a Mammy to teenagers. One of the women I work with may be looking for digs for the winter locally as she has a long travel.distance so I may offer her a place, just have to see how much I should charge her. I think with your skills you should consider freelancing, lots of small companies need someone like you but can't afford it full time

Thanks Tippy, yes freelancing had occurred to me too - even my line manager says he'd like to consider me for projects. Will see if this 3 day a week thing comes up - but I've got plenty of time to consider it, I'm contracted here up until the end of September.

And happy days, I got us in a key educational trade today woohoo :).

Foodwise - TERRIBLE. It's a birthday week celebration of all things bad, rather than just the day...and been over eating badly (ham and cheese roll at 10pm last night, for example) but will try and get my head back in the game today.

B - toastie oops
L - chicken salad, raspberries and vanilla quark
D - the lamb I should have had (but instead had pork pies and chicken/bacon pasta - one million calories later!)

Rain is forecast yaye! :)

Brilliant about being short listed⭐️ Also good about the new role, still at your Fareshare? Sounds fantastic being able to pay your mortgage off quickly, how long would you have the students? Even more fantastic that it's tax free too😺

The 3 days a week role is over the other side of London, don't fancy the drive much but ok if it's only 3 days.

The students - you can have different ones all year round, they come for about 6-12 weeks - and pay a fortune too! Might try it for a year - that's an extra £5K I didn't have!

Got home and weighed in, because I knew I'd gained - but oh my giddy aunt, 10lbs!!! I know some is water weight because I've been only drinking about a litre of water a day - but still! So that's the result of fish and chips, chips again, pasta, pies, pastries, cake and more cake.

So here's the plan -
- I'm not going to class on Monday, it would break my heart to show a huge gain like that officially
- instead, I'll do a strict SP week with lots and lots of speed
- I'll do the vibroplate every day and a mile indoor walk if the knees are up to it
- back to 3-4 litres a day of water and green tea

The plan start tomorrow. All the bad stuff is out of the house and I've just done lamb with spinach and pork with spinach. No more bread or pasta, just eggy bake type breakfasts.

I will not go backwards!

Back