Susie's 2022 campaign

Sounds like the interview went well, bloody freezing in London today isn't it! Food looks good :)

I did have the soup - and a ham sandwich (brown bread), so that's a few syns if I count the bread as my HEB. Also had a pear, which was lovely.

Also had six crisps...we had a delivery in of artisan Kettle chip style crisps. Lush (sigh).

So will go light tonight and do a fruit smoothie, and miss the rest of my planned syns.

I'm not getting alerts when you post! I don't get Tippy's either..how odd! I missed saying good luck so will send double good lucks for Monday🍀🍀 is this for the job with future N/cle prospects? I haven't replied yet to your email but yes F/Hall.

Wowee, look at you with that whizz of a good loss at your SWI, that's wonderful and what an incentive to keep on🌟

I'd forgotten about pea & mint soup, I love it..will make some over weekend x

is this for the job with future N/cle prospects? I haven't replied yet to your email but yes F/Hall

Yes this is the one with that option (possibly). Will keep you posted :).

Well, I've come home and demolished a bowl of stir fry, I was starving! Might finish it off, it's all speed food, no oil or dressing, and I added loads of green beans in too.

Just need to avoid going mad on syns tonight - and this weekend - and i should see an ok result on the scales on Monday night x

Hope you have a good weekend ladyfelsham :)

Thanks Clareel! (and call me Susie :classic_cool:).

The day is shaping up nicely so far - it's half eight and the PO has already delivered a parcel I thought I was going to have to wait in all day for :). I'd ordered some skinny syrups/dressings from the Skinny Food Company - DO NOT order from them, it took over four weeks and lots of Trading Standards type threats for them to get off their behinds and send it. They kept sending emails "bear with us, the parcel is with Royal Mail, they have a huge backlog" type thing - but the package shows clearly that it wasn't sent until the 30th! Common problem with them, complaints all over Trust Pilot. Anyway it's here now - cal free smoky BBQ and ranch dressings, and gingerbread syrup for coffee - will report back on the flavour.

Also drank a slimming tea last night for a little...erm..."clear out" :classic_eek:, and boy did it work! :D:D. Feeling a lot better though, especially with lots more greens back in the diet. I was really naughty last night and had a huge bag of the artisan crisps, impossible to stop once I'd opened the bag - but the scales are still showing a promising loss, if I'm lucky I'll be able to get most (if not all) of last week's gain off - which will make me very happy!

B - bacon and eggs, wilted spinach, coffee
L - veggie stir fry with lots more green beans and mangetout
D - pork chilli with leftover green veg and cauli rice
S - fruit salad with yogurt, rice cakes (HEB) with Marmite and cheese (HEA) - leaves all my syns for chocolate later :).

Now time to do a little online browsing - I've got £230 coming in expenses, so I feel some gadget purchases might be in the wind :D. Or maybe I'll just use it to buy lots of tinned food to stockpile in case we get shortages...which would be more sensible but less fun! Keep warm, ladies! xx

Last edited:
Went completely AWOL on my planned menu for various reasons, ended up being - #
B - coffee
L - at 4pm - the stir fry with a frankfurter sausage
D - 2 small slices fruit loaf and chocolate

So I think it's safe to say that's my HEB and syns all used up...but i did try the smoky BBQ sauce from Skinny Foods on the stir fry and it was really nice, annoyingly. Now I'll have to get a friend to order more for me because I'm sure they will have my name on a banned list after I made such a fuss about the delivery time LOL. I could order from eBay but it's twice the price!

Last edited:
Yep a SWI this morning shows another pound down :). If I can keep focused today and not graze on rubbish, and do my usual light day tomorrow, then I should show a good loss tomorrow night - but who knows what tricks the bod will play on me!

Also made a weekly meal planner for this week to hopefully help me keep on target -

- soups - mushroom; cauli cheese; and leek,apple and cheddar (all from Tastefully Vikkie - online at her blog or Kindle book)
- pepperoni cauli pizza (SW Free Feasts); cheesy chicken risotto; beef and aubergine bake; and cottage pie (all from SW Take 5)

I'm going to try to get into a rhythm of going through my recipe books and then doing an online shop just for the ingredients I need on Friday nights, then batch cooking all weekend. Still not sure whether I should think about stockpiling tinned stuff yet...the Government Affairs woman at work says she is, so might put in an order next week and stock up on all the stuff I use a lot - chopped tomatoes and so on. Anyone else doing it?

Today -

B/L - big omelette with spinach, beans, basil and cheese (1 HEA)
D - roast chicken with sweet potato mash and cabbage
S - as per usual

Bit on the brr side here but blue skies and the sun is out a bit :).

Just finished my roast dinner - oh my days it was lush! Ended up having steamed tenderstem broccoli and mange tout with the chicken and SP mash, and I inhaled the lot! :)

Am NOT going to have chocolate now. Will wait for a little bit and then have my rye cakes instead. I will resist!

Later - and I did :D. ended up having 3 rye cakes (half HEB) plus my other HEA cheese and marmite. Had 5 syns worth of date protein balls, so another 100% day. Might have a HiFi later as the other half of my HEB, but maybe not in case it breaks out the chocolate monster!

Last edited:
Brexit, Tipp. I'd rather be prepared than not, and it's all stuff I use every week anyway :). If everything settles down and there aren't any shortages, then I've got plenty of food in and no shopping bills.

I've also just changed my electricity supplier to Bulb, which is 100% renewable energy from the UK - hopefully if the bills work out as forecast, it will save me about £400 a year - and it will mean no electricity disruption if the worst happens (because quite a lot of the electricity and gas come from outside the UK). If you're interested in Bulb let me know because referrals earn both parties £50 (hope it's alright to post this here mods?).

I will need to start buying extra tins , pasta and rice. Feels like we are heading for times like they were in East Germany. Just great.

I always have enough in the freezer and larder for short term shortages. It saw us and our snow refugees through the beasf from the east last year. I must check my flour and yeast supplies. Our indications at the moment are delays in importing some medicines. And if course wondering about taxes on internet shopping from amazon and littlewoods and the like.

Morning all

Yes it's all a bit worrying, this threat of being chucked back to the Dark Ages because of some silly blooming politicians and their egos...anyhoo we shall see, I just think it's best to be prepared. And thanks for the reminder about medicines Tipp, I'll stock up on my herbally stuff.

Not much sleep last night, worrying about the job I guess. I shouldn't be worried, there is a lot out there, but it's a nice place and apart from the drive every day, is pretty much perfect for me. Oh well, watch this space!

I'm an OCD hoarder so stockpile food anyway, honestly the kids always ask if I have such & such in my shop😸 which is the outside shed 😹and I nearly always have. Pulses have disappeared off the shelves around here..isn't that strange🤔 Bet the shelves get worse in March.
I've never heard of Bulb..oh no, imagine no electric for days on end! I've got 2 full freezers!
Any news about the interview?
Have a good WI x

Nothing on the interview yet - probably tomorrow.

But exciting news just in - I lost 6.5lbs WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - so that's last week's horrendous gain GONE!

I am very happy, as you can imagine :). 3 more pounds and I'll be at my lowest weight so far. No more of this losing then putting on repeat nonsense!

Wowee..fantastic Suzie:winner: well done sis 💐 Look how well you do when you set your mind to it..that 3lb will be gone in no time..and how fantastic to reach a celebration target.the bread maker that you have your eye on could be your present for reaching that goal as well worth marking the occasion with something special X

Back