Susie's 2022 campaign

I'll feedback on the quality etc once they arrive, but lots of good ratings - so we shall see, I'll let you know if I get picked for any beauty contests :D :D.

I've had a fair few carbs since Monday night and the weight has crept back up so will have a light day or two.

B - coffee
L - skinny soup with lots of veg
D - cabbage, bacon, celery, spinach with 2 syns of mayo
S - apple, banana, HEB rye cakes with marmite and HEA cheese. NO HiFis! :classic_roll_eyes:

Have a lovely day, all x

100% on plan day yesterday, very pleased with that.

Today -

B - l/o cabbage/bacon/spinach with three eggs poured over, zap and instant omelette :) - with half 1 HEA cheese
L - skinny soup
D - lamb and aubergine bake - the lamb is 20% so will need synning, 10 for the mince, makes it about 3.5 for one serving
S - can't get enough of Marmite and cheese on rye cakes at the moment yum yum!

Feel really sluggish though, and think I might be getting a cold - so time to get the turmeric/oregano oil/garlic routine started again.

Last edited:
Another 100% day - I know it's not rocket science but I am finding it much easier to manage when I don't have rubbish in the house!

I was craving bread big time yesterday, and I do have some there, but really wanted to keep my HEB for rye cakes for after dinner, and I did yaye :). But for some reason I woke up starving at 7am, which never happens, so I heated up a little potato and baked beans, had one mouthful and that was enough.

Cooking today - lemon chilli chicken, Hunter's chicken, and zingy breaded chicken :D.

B - egg, bacon, spinach, coffee - if i get hungry again, not at the moment
L - l/o baked beans and potato with cabbage and 1 HEA cheese
D - one of the chicken dishes
S - apple, banana, orange, a pot of green tea

Another grey and rainy day here blah!

Later - couldn't be bothered doing the first two chicken dishes, so did all the chicken using the Tony's Kitchen breading (syn free) and oh my word it was lovely, and demolished in about 5 minutes! :D. I didn't fancy brekkie and just had the skinny soup for lunch - so dinner was much anticipated! I had a breast and a half, with a huge mound of steamed spinach and 1 syn's worth of light mayo, and the rest is in the fridge for the weekend.

Thinking of making the sweet potato pakoras for taster night on Monday - anyone tried them?

Last edited:
Morning all

Lots to do today (some of which I should have done yesterday...:classic_roll_eyes:) and then getting ready for a 50th birthday toga party later - 1980s here we come LOL.

Brunch - all day breakfast bake - l/o potatoes and baked beans with spinach and 1 HEA cheese, zapped in the microwave
D - skinny soup
S - might have a glass of wine or two - but don't want a late night, so no more than that.

Have a good one x

Thanks Tessa :).

Well, it was a small gathering but a lot of fun - but I did badly on the food/drink front. Made a beginner's error and didn't have dinner before I went so instead dinner was an onion bhaji, a small piece of pizza, a very small sausage roll, a tiny brownie and a mini muffin (everything was nibble sized) - and a whole bottle of red wine! Oh dear...but it could have been worse I guess :classic_roll_eyes:

B - SW chips and sossies
L - skinny soup
D - not sure, something eggy I think.

Horrible and rainy here, so will definitely stay indoors. Keep warm, all x

A small 1lb gain, so I think I got off lightly for the vino and all the carbs yesterday :).

Really want to get that half stone by the end of the month, so that's my goal!

SW Mac and cheese for dinner, and I'd better try the new Millionaire's Shortcake HiFi, make sure it's not poisonous or anything :classic_roll_eyes:.

Thanks Tessa and yes let's hope so :).

Busy day today - haircut, applying for a few roles, meeting an agency - and the sun is back out hurrah!

B - egg and bacon
L - moussaka (5 syns for the lamb)
D - breaded chicken and spinach
S - not sure yet

Enjoy your day x

Hi Susie looks like you are doing well, keep it up!

Morning all

Interview today, and two more have come in this morning, for Friday and Monday, so it's all go :). I am loving the new haircut too, so much better than the scraggy frizzy grey look I had before!

B - bacon and egg and coffee
L - have to skip - going from interview to another meeting
Early D - breaded chicken and spinach

Went WAY over my syns last night, just couldn't stop eating sweet stuff, so a bit of hard work is required to get me a loss for next week!

Best of luck with the interview today, new hair sounds good! Great for a confidence boost. Still plenty of time before WI to pull it back!

Hope the interviews went well, did you colour your hair after all?

Hope the interviews went well, did you colour your hair after all?

Thanks ladies the interview seemed to go ok, but they aren't making a decision about 2nd interviews until next week and by then I'll have had two more interviews :).

And yes Tipp I did do my hair, it's ok but I missed bits and I don't like the red tones, so next time will do a plain medium brown. Did get it cut and styled though, it's a bit Rachel from Friends but I love it.

Up for a couple of hours with RLS in the night but managed to sleep in. Did anyone see the Channel 5 programme on RLS last night? god those poor people, they had really extreme cases, I hope mine doesn't get worse!

B - eggy bake with broccoli, mushrooms and peppers
L - cabbage with bacon and light mayo
D - chicken and spinach

Sun's out but boy is it breezy again today!

Well that menu didn't quite go as planned - I've had The Hungries all day!

Gone way over syns and had twice my HEB. Can't tell if it's boredom or genuine hunger. Oh dear...

Ive done home colour a few times and at €8 a box seems to be money saving. But never managed to get it perfect and its so messy. Im much happier to pay for it, though i think hairdressers here are less expensive than uk and particularly London.
Best of luck with the interviews.
Have they found a reason for RLS.

Have they found a reason for RLS.

Not really - some 'experts' say it's a brain disorder, others say it can be genetic. I'm pretty sure mine is caused by a massive magnesium deficiency caused by menopause, it started 10 years ago when I became peri-menopausal. More women than men get RLS, and a lot of women get it during pregnancy and then it goes away once they give birth. A friend of mine had it in her teens but it went away - she was one of the lucky ones! The effects can be life threatening, one guy on the programme was shutting the door on his foot (and all other sorts of self harm) to distract his mind from the RLS pain to the pain caused by the door. Another person nearly overdosed on sleeping pills and painkillers because she was so desperate for sleep.

There's all sorts of so called remedies on the many forums online - fancy putting a bar of soap in your bed? No, me neither...but I did try it in case it was the miracle cure I was searching desperately for (it wasn't). After ten years of trial and error I know now what does work for me - a big magnesium/potassium/iron cocktail when the attacks come on is the only way for me to get relief. I can't take them before bed because the effects of the minerals don't stay in my body long enough. I also have magnesium oil which I rub on my knees when I get a second nightly attack, and then another 'cocktail' if I get a third (I've had up to five a night, and sometimes during the day if I've been sitting cooped up for too long - eg long haul flights). Even though I'm exhausted, I have to sit up for an hour or so once I've taken them, and play a game on my iPad, so my mind is distracted enough for the pills to work. If I lie down straight after taking them the RLS becomes worse.

Oops - welcome to a lecture on my life with RLS :) - but hopefully it goes a little way to explaining why I get so tired and why I devour carbs when I do! :classic_roll_eyes:

Interview today was cancelled, which was a relief - another one Monday, and just been called about a fab role, so hopefully I'll get shortlisted for that one.

Food today - toast featured again, I felt miserable and cold and needed some carbs!

B - eggy bake
L - toast and marmalade/marmite and cheese (1 HEA, 2 HEB oops - will have to syn that second one)
D - veggie stew with skinny penne, chilli and basil - bit of a catch up on the speed front!
S - already had 4 HiFis. An apple just isn't cutting it today.

Keep warm all, it's going to be a rough couple of days weather wise xx.

Last edited:
Morning all

Everyone seems grumpy out there today, particularly the till lady in Lidl who was so rude, I almost felt like complaining to the manager - but instead told her to cheer up (which I'm sure made her more surly haha) and headed home. I know you save money at Lidl but dahhlings the service at Sainsbury's is far superior :D.

Did a SWI this morning, expecting the worst after all that bread, yet I've stayed the same. Bonkers. Can't go to SW on Monday night because I won't be back from the afternoon's interview, so will try and have a good speed-filled week and show a loss the week after.

B - coffee
L - eggy bake with veg
D - spicy chicken and pork tomato bake with lots of veg

Have a good one x

Back