Susie's 2022 campaign

We are quite lucky with our Lidl . The staff are nice and chatty. Sainsbury's is too far away from us without a car but we get delivery's from them once s month. I like both shops but if you have a store where the staff is not nice it doesn't make it a nice experience. Xx

Well if I want to get the house aired today is the day because it is blowing a gale out there, and we'll get more rain soon too. The cats are desperate for a runaround but both are scared of the wind, so they pop out and jump straight back in the door!

Tellie today, I think - am watching Indian Summers (missed it first time round), and watched all of After Life, Ricky Gervais' new programme - (spoiler alert) which I enjoyed until the last episode, which was mawkish and sentimental tripe and really ruined it.

Complete fail on the food front thanks to a pack of chocolate chip cookies. I knew I shouldn't have bought them, but I did and now they're gone. NO MORE RUBBISH in the house - if it's not here, I won't eat it! Same goes for bread.

B - coffee and green tea
L - l/g chicken ans veg casserole
D - breaded chicken and spinach

Is it snowing where you are? Keep warm, all x

It was cold and we had a very heavy hail shower, but thankfully no snow as daughter 2 had to drive to Dublin, last week it took 7 hours for a 2 hour journey

We had hail too yesterday. It was so weird - beautiful blue sky, then whoompf, heavy hail out of nowhere for about five minutes, then blue skies again!

After a horrible night's sleep (or lack of) it was an early start for me, as the plumbers arrived promptly at 8am and are hard at it already in the bathroom - old bath screen out, the tiles are already off the wall, the bath is coming out shortly, and then new waterproof plasterboard will go up, new bath taps, new shower, and they are also replacing the skirting board in the bedroom, putting up a new sliding shower screen and re-tiling - so in three days I will have a whole new (leak proof) bathroom!

I've got an interview this afternoon, so will leave them to it, but they are very trustworthy and came highly recommended by my bezzie mate.

B - coffee
L - probably just a bit of ham, not a full meal before the interview
D - l/o skinny veg casserole

Have a good one x

How exciting new bathroom! Best of luck with your interview this afternoon.

Thanks @Clareel - it seemed to go ok, find out tomorrow, fingers crossed!

The guys have done a lot of work today but there was a huge long term leak so the bedroom floor was like a lake! And it smelled ewww :(. But at least it's being fixed now and they've sorted out the taps so I can at least have a bath :).

Revised food -

L - ham and cheese sandwich (HEA/HEB), plus 2 syns light mayo
D - Lidl chicken chipolatas (5 = 5 syns, very yummy) and superfood green salad with beetroot and 4 syns mayo
S - 4 cookies (10 syns), makes 16 - might have a 1/2 syn yogurt and some fruit later

Wrap up warm!

Fingers crossed for the interview. Youve had so many, have you actually pickef which job you would like best? Are you staying put where you live?

Been for six now and I'm feeling a bit over it - but got to keep going until I get something, unless I win the lottery hahah.

And yes I'm staying put for now. Going to see what happens to house prices post Brexit, maybe sell in a couple of years.

Well ladies i did not sleep well in the single bed lol, and have woken up with a sore throat. Hope it was just me snoring :classic_eek:.

No idea on the food front today, forgot to take meat out to defrost.

B/L - chicken sausages and salad (5)
D - maybe SW burgers with toasted HEB foccacia, 1 HEA cheese and salad
S - nearly out of HiFis! So will have to be yog (1) and fruit.

Grey and miserable out there today!

Yay well done! Which one? is this from yesterday? Brilliant that they got back to you so quickly if so. Excellent news to brighten up this horrible rainy day!

Yes it was the one from yesterday - but the news doesn't stop there. Since posting the above I've been called about three other job offers and have decided to go for a different one, which I interviewed for last week - Senior International Media Manager with a big worldwide children's charity called Theirworld - permanent, and really good money. I'm a bit stunned by it all - but incredibly happy! :).

Start Monday x

Oh wow Susie, absolutely fantastic news! All that hard work and multiple interviews has paid off! Starting Monday very exciting :classic_big_grin:

Morning all

Was out and about yesterday and food was terrible so I'm not going to list it here LOL.

Wet and nasty here, and the workmen are back, so I'm staying indoors!

B - HEB toast with ham and HEA cheese, tea
L - stir fry eggy bake
D - probably SW burgers and salad

Have a good one!

Thanks everyone - well the dramas continue, my employer now has to get a right to work check because my passport is still with the Home Office. Hopefully this will come back in a week but it's all a bit nerve wracking, to say the least!

Did a SWI this morning and I've put on 10lbs - in two weeks OMG. Still, I did have a whole pizza and wine and chocolate, so only got myself to blame. I'm not going to able to get to my usual SW group for a while so am going to do it at home - and try to get rid of this gain, I've been very off plan lately.

Back