Susie's 2022 campaign

Unfortunately the Mini isn't going to work for me!

It's a 2 seater and it suddenly occurred to me last night that I wouldn't get both cat carriers in. My neighbour has a Mini so we tried it last night and nup, couldn't get both in - without standing one on end in the passenger seat well - which is no good. So it's back to the drawing board! :). The trouble is, I'm not sure what I want! :classic_roll_eyes:

Must do some cooking today but so far it's looking like -

B - eggs and HEA cheese on HEB bread
L - SW chicken soup
D - meatball passata with veg

And a snooze at some point, slept really badly, with psychedelic dreams! Have a good one, team.

That’s a shame but it needs to work for the whole family. There’s so much choice out there. I used to go to the car auctions a lot. You get to see what’s out there without the hard sell and can get a good bargain.

Have a good day x

Well what a weekend I'm having - in a good way! After hours and hours of googling cars, until I thought my head was going to explode, I've decided to keep my Beetle and get it fixed. I love it, it fits both the girls in comfortably on the back seat, and I know all the things I've had fixed. Now onto stage 2 improvements - I've found a guy who will replace the roof for £900 (a LOT cheaper than elsewhere, he has good reviews so shouldn't come back to bite me), and two different guys are coming round tomorrow to check the brakes, wipers, an electrical issue and fix the chips and scrapes. Brilliant, all the mobile services you can get online now. Also having someone come round to clean the car thoroughly inside and out tomorrow too; and am ringing a company to find out if it's possible to put a touchscreen/DAB radio/Apple Play in too - it'll be like a whole new car :).

Also tomorrow is the Bosch dishwasher repairman, and my handyman is coming round to put new electrical wiring in a socket in the kitchen - so it's all go! so much so that I may not be able to get to class, but it's good to be able to get all this stuff done and make the most of the day off.

Today has been a bit the same - shopping, four loads of laundry, and so on.

Food, not as bad as it could be lol -

B - coffee
L - a mad mix of cauli mash, syn free sossies, left over sweet potato fries, spinach, cheese and egg, all baked together, and it was lovely.
D - more meatballs, chopped toms and passata with green beans

Hope you've all had a lovely day - cracking weather here!

Wow it really will be like a new car! I bet it will be so good to customise it to how you want. It’s making me tired just reading about how busy you are lol.

Have a good day 😃 x

Morning Team Fab!

Had a very productive day! The Chipsaway man said my car needs more bodywork than he can do, so it's going into my usual garage next week - but she's beautiful and clean :). And the two Freecycle people turned up when they said they would, so that's bye bye to a foot spa which was gathering dust and a duvet set I didn't like. Also found a charity group that will come and pick up clothing and other stuff, so had a major clean out and filled four bags - so I am definitely whittling the possessions down, ready for a move - at some point :).

Terrible food though - shop bought pizza, and chocolate...really not got my head in the game!

Out of sync this morning though after a rough night's sleep and a call from an Aussie mate in the middle of the night who is going through a bad time healthwise, so missed my usual bus, then managed to leave my backpack with my day's food in it downstairs in the foyer. By the time I realised and charged back down again, it was surrounded by three security men who were about to call the police - oops.

B - eggy bake as per yesterday
L - tikka chicken stir fry with edamame beans and skinny sweet chilli sauce
D - the meatballs I should have had last night!

Have a good one.

We finally got an internal temperature reading at work - 17 degrees outside, 28 inside. And the management (in their aircon'ed offices) won't let us move!

I've decided that if I don't get this job, then I'm going to leave work anyway, put the flat on the market and move up to Seaham and rent for a little while. Life's too short for this nonsense, and I have enough money to live on for quite a few months :). I might be able to pick up some freelance work as well.

Feel really good now I've made a decision :).

Wow! So much happening it’s making my head spin lol.

Brilliant news Susie😃 I’m so happy for you. I bet you can’t wait to get up there. How long notice do you have to work? X

A month, so if I do get the job I'm already halfway through the notice period :).

I know it sounds hasty but I'd been working my way towards this decision since i started two months ago - i hate the commute, the management and the job - so it's time to move on. Exciting eh! :D

Woohoo! I’m so excited for you😃 So much time is spent at work and it must be hard not liking so many factors. Bet it felt good handing your notice in x

It felt weird actually, I've always been a bit of a risktaker but I've never left a job so soon after starting - however, as you say Miss Charlotte, life is way too short! :). I canvassed all my mates about it yesterday - one thinks I'm mad, but the others are all "Go for it!". I did my sums (again) last night, and if I don't get the job I will be able to retire anyway, a bit frugally for a while but that's ok - and there will be other jobs coming up in the area. Part time would be ideal.

So - the countdown begins -

- 10 days until the interview
- 12 days (or thereabouts) until I hear back
- 18.5 working days left at the current job (maybe less once leave is calculated) - which is 35 more commutes each way
- then a move...woohoo!

Food - not great, one meal is Ok, the next is pizza...and had a couple of glasses of wine last night. Oh well, just need to get past this next month and will get back in the saddle :).

It really sounds like a brilliant fresh start Susie and being able to work less will give you a much better life/work balance. And great news about the extra leave! You must be buzzing x

Thanks hun, cross fingers but it all seems to be coming together (hope that doesn't jinx things!).

Back on track foodwise today -

B - l/o veg and meatballs in an eggy cheesy (1 HEA) bake
L - tikka chicken and salad with Skinny sweet chilli sauce
D - Moroccan lamb with med veg and skinny rice

Will try and avoid chocolate tonight...

Wow your lunch and dinner sound delicious. I love anything with spices 😋

Have a good day lovely x

😃 well done! It’s hard to resist when it’s calling you lol, that’s what’s happening to me 😂 x

Afternoon all

Had to call in sick today with an almighty headache - not had a migraine before, but think it might have been one...all the excitement and stress of the last few days, I guess. Spent most of the day sleeping, and feel able to look at the screen now.

Not very hungry though, just sipping water mainly. Want to be well for the weekend because I've got a lot planned.

Back