Susie's 2022 campaign

Wow Susie! You’ve done so much😃

Maybe a little nap might help x

And it did, I feel a bit more relaxed now - except when I look in the kitchen! But we'll crack through that tomorrow, so all being well Sunday will be relatively chilled out.

Just been to collect the tabletop dishwasher, which fitted snugly in the front seat yaye. It'll go in the removal van for the trip up north.

So we're more or less on schedule - tomorrow the kitchen, the handyman is doing some last minute jobs for me, the fridge for the tenants is arriving and the tenants themselves are coming round in the afternoon to collect the keys. Then Monday a 7am start eeek, with the cleaners coming at 8am, van should be all loaded by 8.30am and off we go! Stella will cry all the way (she did coming back from Italy, hates being in the car), but I;m only planning to stop once, then straight to the estate agent to get the keys, then head to our new home so i can decide where everything needs to go before the van arrives!

And then collapse! hopefully with a glass of red in my hand :D.

Brilliant Susie😃 you’re cracking along nicely. Great about the dishwasher!

You’ll deserve a big wine after all that! X

How long is the trip Susie. Are you following the van like you did it Italy. I can see the Netflux special now "2 cats and a kiwi follow a van"

How long is the trip Susie. Are you following the van like you did it Italy. I can see the Netflux special now "2 cats and a kiwi follow a van"

LOL Tipp, I love it - but no not this time, I have to get up there before the van. It should take about 5 hours, so nothing like the three days it took coming back from Italy!

And sorry for the constant "here's what I'm doing in the next 5 minutes" posts, it's my way of making sure I haven't forgotten anything!

Wild and windy day here today!

You write about whatever you want love, It’s the easiest way to keep track of things lol. That’s why mine is full of medical crap😂 x

LOL thanks Charlotte :).

Happy to report that my mate and I really cracked through the kitchen and it's done, it's done, it's all done woohoo!!!! ! Mind you, it came right down to the wire with boxes - isn't that always the way.

Everything else has gone OK too. The fridge got delivered OK, the tenants have picked up the keys and are happy, the neighbour has just knocked to say he'll move his car tomorrow, and the handyman is here doing the last little jobs. Once he heads off, it's wine o'clock! Mind you, one glass and I'll probably fall asleep lol, I am physically knackered! The handyman used to do removals and he has also reassured me that everything will fit - because boy I've got a lot of stuff! Every time I move I think, "Less possessions, not more" and then ignore my own good advice :).

Tomorrow I've just got to clean out the fridge and do a couple of little things, then it's all go from sparrow's fart on Monday morning :D.

It really is all go!! I had to google Seaham, it looks lovely! I hope it all works out for you. The job you have just left sounded like an awful environment to be in. But one door closes, another one by the sea opens :) xx

one door closes, another one by the sea opens :) xx

Love it El, that's my new mantra! :).

Tried to sleep in this morning but the old nerves struck with a vengeance so I'm up and doing last little jobs and popping St Johns Wort lol. A friend might come over later but she's not feeling well and I'm fine if she doesn't, it means I can just pootle about and rest up.

I really admire your ability to just set up home wherever you fancy! Do you have friends in Seaham already Lady F, not sure if I’ve missed that bit.
I’d love to just uproot and move somewhere but I’ve got a young nephew that I would miss so much x

I really admire your ability to just set up home wherever you fancy! Do you have friends in Seaham already Lady F, not sure if I’ve missed that bit x

Hi Sarah - I don't know anyone in Seaham but already made 'friends' with the hairdresser, she's going to teach me Makem (Sunderland speak) lol. People are so friendly, I'm sure it won't take me long to make friends, especially through work and SW, and I have friends about 30 mins away.

I chose County Durham initially because house prices were so low yet it has a beautiful coast and countryside, so I kept looking at areas until I decided on Seaham. It means I can live near the sea (important for me) and maybe take early retirement in a couple of years. I kept an eye out for jobs, saw the perfect one, went for it and got it happily, and it's good money. Some people think I'm mad but London is not for me any more, too busy, too scary, lots of crime, and I want a slower pace of life as I get older. So I'm really looking forward to it - and London's only four hours away if I need a hit :D.

I’m so excited😜 1 more sleep and you’re off! X

OMG!!! This time tomorrow, we'll be there, the bed will be made and I'll probably be in it :D :D.

I’ll probably still be asleep when you set off tomorrow so I just wanted to say good luck and I hope it all goes smoothly and I hope the cats are ok on the drive😃 x

Ah Susie, hope the move has gone well today, best of luck with everything!

Hope you had a safe journey and that the cats weren't too distressed! xx

Hello Team Fab

Nightmare drive in really torrential rain but we got to the Seaham turnoff and the sun came out - is it a sign? 😀. The removal van also arrived safe and sound and after a few concerns, all the furniture got in ok. The girls are settling in nicely although they both want to go outside (I’m keeping them in for a few days).

I’ve been having a duvet day today after all the stress of the last few weeks, it’s been lovely snuggling up to the cats. It’s ever so quiet here though, no sirens or street noise 😀.

Will be busy again tomorrow getting all the kitchen stuff put away, plus the internet man is coming and I’ve got to buy a few things.

That sounds like a sign to me😃

A very well deserved duvet day Susie! I bet it’s lush having peace and quiet.

Hope you get your unpacking and getting settled nice a quickly x

I think you deserve a duvet day after yesterday! I'm glad the move went well, you'll be settled in no time! xx

Woohoo we're back in the land of WiFi, after two visits from the BT engineer today, bless him.

All is going well - it's pouring with rain, but I've managed to get through a few more boxes. Not doing the kitchen ones yet because I've asked the agent to ask the owner if I can take some wall cupboards down - if she says yes it means my huge fridge can go there instead, rather than where it is now, off the lounge in the tiny conservatory. There are other weird things to get used to - a low level loo which is hard to get off (ordered an old lady's raised seat, will do the trick), not nearly enough sockets and so on - but we'll get there.

Eating is rather poor, I'm afraid - ham and cheese sandwiches are featuring heavily! Must go and get some food - but I'm loath to go out as it's so miserable outside!

Back