Susie's 2022 campaign

The weather is really grim Susy. Makes me feel low in mood. This time last year I'm sure I was in shorts. Hope it clears up soon then you can go for a proper explore

OOh are you watching years and years with Emma Thompson.? So clever and relavant and scarily familiar with beautiful parts about inclusivity and diversity. Give it a go whilst you're stuck indoors

Hey lovely Lottie! I can't watch Years and Years any more, watched a couple but it's all too close to the terrible truth - how easily the banks can collapse, removing peoples' rights, politicians fooling people with their bullsh*t, and so on .

Instead I'm doing catch up on Shakespeare and Hathaway and Father Brown, much more my thing - and saving the new Killing Eve for the weekend :).

It is so grim here, very foggy, so everyone's indoors. Heard back from the agent - the owner won't allow me to take down the cupboards, silly woman, so I'll have to rejig things and get through the kitchen boxes tomorrow. The owner is interested in selling the house but she wants £20K more than it's worth, so I'll give it six months, make sure I'm happy, then buy a cottage similar to this, there are four for sale under £80K in this area - and then I can do it up as I want. Until then I'll just have to make the best of it - but my fingers are itching to get decorating LOL. Never happy eh? :D:D

Confession time - I had pizza for dinner and it was LUSH! :)

Morning all

Wow did I sleep! The cats kept jumping on me crying (loudly) to be fed, but it wasn't enough to get me up until 8.30am lol. Came out to a spectacular Orbit throw up, then knocked Stella's bowl and sent dry food flying across the kitchen, and then banged my head in the shower - it's a stupid little cubicle thing. So that's my three mishaps for the day, and the rest of it will go perfectly :D.

I've been fretting over where my old pine farmhouse table might go until last night I remembered that the legs screw off. There's plenty of room in the living room, so it can serve as a large coffee table instead :). This morning it's acting as an ironing board so I can get the shirts done and in the post, then it's Operation Sort Out The Kitchen!

OMG I spoke too soon - moved some boxes onto the hob, must have knocked the on button and next minute a box was smouldering and the kitchen was full of smoke!!! Threw it outside and poured four buckets of water over it until it was properly out, but the house will need a bit more airing - and talk about giving myself a heart attack!

Oh gosh Susie glad to hear the move went well, not so much nearly setting fire to the place! I'm sure that's the last bit of drama now and everything else will run smoothly!

Thanks Clareel, wasn't that little fire the icing on the cake? :).

I've somehow pulled a muscle in my leg, so instead of doing the kitchen, I've been watching tellie :) - but I did at least order a new washing machine and microwave, changed my address with various places, went to the post office, the estate agent and Asda, arranged a handyman to come and chop the table legs off next week and organised a taxi to and from the station tomorrow. So not a complete waste of a day...:classic_roll_eyes:

Had a two hour power nap, lol must have needed it, I only woke up with the phone ringing. Then I put my big girl's pants on and, with lots of grunting and groaning, I lifted a chest of drawers from on top of other furniture in the hallway, dragged it to the kitchen (the new m'wave will sit on it) and unpacked six boxes - making real headway, which makes me happy, I hate chaos at home and not being able to find things! Only two boxes to go and that's me pretty much unpacked. One glass jar of coffee had broken, but the plus is that the kitchen now smells of real coffee and not smoke :classic_roll_eyes:.

Oh and this will make you laugh, I've joined the ranks of the medically assisted...the house has a (very) low level loo and it's been hurting my knees sitting down :classic_err_what: - so I am now the proud owner of a raised loo seat! Tell you what though, it does the job (if you'll pardon that terrible pun :D :D).

Glad you are settling in, pity about the kitchen presses though. I think i might have just taken them down and said nothing.
Did anything in the box get detroyed when it went on fire.
Funny about the loo, i thought all toilets were a standard height, except in France where they have the weirdest ones.
Get settled in and then get sorted meal wise.

It’s all going on at yours Susie! I think you’re getting all of your bad luck out of the way now😂

I’m amazed that you’ve nearly finished unpacking already! You’ve been cracking through the jobs too😃

Sorry I forgot, when do you start work? X

Did anything in the box get destroyed when it went on fire.

Luckily not, I got everything out before I doused the box with water. It did frighten me, though, how quickly the box took off, and how the fire kept coming back to life!

Sorry I forgot, when do you start work? X

Tuesday :) - so I've decided tomorrow is relaxing day, Sunday the microwave comes, Monday the washing machine, and by then everything should be unpacked.

Well I'm just in the door after my round trip to London and back for lunch with my old Aussie mates - but it was well worth the 10 hour travelling time, it was so lovely to see them and we had a really fab reminiscing about the old days :).

Last edited:
Morning all - finally, better weather - and I can see the sea from the back garden, which is a bonus. Need to sort out someone to cut the grass - there is a lawnmower here but I'm terrified of them, one of my jobs growing up was mowing the lawn but a petrol one exploded and frightened the living daylights out of me. So, someone else can do it :).

The cats are outside exploring, but have just come running in, ears back, because a magpie sat on the fence and crowed at them :). The fence is quite high so I'm hoping they won't start venturing into other people's gardens - but who knows with cats, they have no boundaries.

Morning coffee just now, going down a treat, and toast in a bit. The table top dishwasher is out of the box and fitting snugly on the bench. I've got a gizmo attachment to fit the hose to the tap but can't figure out how it works, might ask the guys when they deliver the microwave today if they know.

How lovely having a sea view!

Did they know how to fit the dishwasher? X

Asda stuffed up the delivery, so the microwave is now coming today sometime. Up with the sparrows waiting for the washing machine now, should be here in 30 minutes...and my grocery delivery comes this afternoon, so it's all go :). Also arranged a cleaner, my costs are so much lower here so I can afford it, which is fab because I hate doing floors!

Didn't sleep well though, think it's nerves about starting the new job tomorrow - which is silly, because they are lovely people! I've also been eating rubbish for weeks now, which doesn't help. Going to get this first week of work behind me and then it's back to SW.

Blue sky here woohoo, let's hope it stays around for a bit :).

It all sounds great and exciting. I love exploring new areas after moving. And i agree, get settled at home and at work before joing the SW group.

I have a washing machine! All fitted, and the guy was amazing, even provided an extra long hose and connected the table top dishwasher to the normal plumbing (instead of the kitchen tap). I gave him £20, hope that was enough. I'm always terrified that newly installed machines will leak - even though i watched him connect it and test it...will do a load this afternoon and cross my fingers :).

Now I just need a little table thing for the d/w to sit on (pic following) - and it gives me extra bench space for the Instant Pot and Ninja Kitchen, which is fab. Microwave comes this afternoon, and then we'll be completely up to speed with all the necessary gadgets 🙂.

Just had B - a fried egg (in a tiny bit of oil) and a slice of cheese on toasted brown bread with strong tea, really hit the spot!

Later - all happening here today - microwave has arrived, ditto Amazon parcels, ditto the groceries (early yaye!) plus a friend came to visit - my first :). So lovely to catch up with her!

Last edited:
I agree ladies, get the first week of work done and settled in and then start group. I’m sure you’ll meet some nice people there too😃

I bet the guy was happy with £20. It must of only taken a couple of minutes but sounds like great service.

Hope you have a good day and good luck tomorrow Susie x

Sounds good susie. Is the instant pot a pressure cooker, a slow cooker or a combination of both

Is the instant pot a pressure cooker, a slow cooker or a combination of both

It's both, hun. I love the slow cooker aspect but TBH the pressure cooker bit scares me - completely irrationally, it's incredibly safe :classic_roll_eyes:.

Home after my first day, and it all went very well - a really nice bunch of people, but lots of work to do, they are having a major rebrand tomorrow with the proper launch on September (!) so everyone was running round madly. I got thrown in the deep end a bit by spending time with the Chief Exec going through the website copy, but I enjoyed it - and I like her, she's a no nonsense type. Think I'll go back tomorrow :).

Starting to feel much more at home now, so even though it's only early days, this could well be my forever place.

Really pleased you had a good first day lovely😃 and good luck being in the deep end, I’m sure you’ll flourish very quickly😃

It’s so good to hear how you feel about your new area. It’s great to feel so at home already and be comfortable x

Back