Susie's 2022 campaign

Morning all (I say all, it's very quiet in here at the moment lol)

A SWI shows 6lbs off, whether it's just water weight or three consecutive days of not eating pizza :classic_eek:, so will keep going with the veg heavy menus - I'm enjoying it anyway, so no drama.

B - seeded roll with cheese and ham, coffee, apple
L - veg soup, a huge salad with roast beef and sweet chilli sauce
D - meatball casserole with pasta, mushrooms and peppers
S - not sure - maybe an Options drink and crackers with Marmite and cheese

Enjoy your day!

Well done Susie, 6lbs is great and a good boost.
It is very quite here, has everyone been spirited of to some magic boot camp that we dont know about.

It is very quite here, has everyone been spirited of to some magic boot camp that we dont know about.

LOL must be!

Well, all is happening fast on the house front - the survey has been done and mortgage offer made. I've got the solicitor's details to fill in tonight, and then it's all go on the conveyancing! I can't wait to get in, maybe in a couple of months if I'm lucky.

Food - fell off the wagon yesterday, the team brought back Maccas for us all, then I had chips for dinner. Oh well...today, much the same, I'd brought roast beef and salad, but a catered for meeting had loads left over so I've just had a slice of quiche and a sossie roll. Will have lunch for dinner instead.

That's amazing news about the house! It should hopefully help you to settle, which in turn will help you find your focus again. xx

Hello Team Fab!

Just waved my friends off after a wonderful three days - It was so amazing to see her for the first time in five years (we've known each other for 41 years OMG), and I just love her new partner, he is a fab guy and really good for her. Burst into tears when the train pulled away hahaha. The days consisted of constant talking, eating and a bit (but not excessive amounts) of wine oops - but we all knew that was going to happen LOL. Went to a country pub yesterday where I had a beef and ale pie the size of my head! Couldn't move last night...

Now just doing a laundry marathon, cross fingers the weather holds - first sun in days.

Dropped off the legal paperwork for the house yesterday, apparently it might only take 3-6 weeks! Which is great, but I'll stay in the rental for a bit longer once I get the keys so the basic work can be done. So now it's all go researching tiles and so on.

Hi Susie😃

Wow that’s nice and quick! I think mine was about 4-5 weeks too and I made sure everything on my end was done really quickly. Nice to stay where you are for a bit to get things ready to move into, makes it much less stressful.

Sounds like a lovely time spent with friends the last few days x

Sounds like a great time Susie, and great news on the house

Lovely to hear you had a wonderful time with your friend! I think a bit of wine is understandable, we've all been there! ;)

The house is so exciting!! It's going to be amazing once you have put your own stamp on it!

Thanks all - yeah I can't wait to get in and make it my own.

I've had an interesting couple of days researching online about arthritis and food - and the one big thing that jumps out is that there is strong evidence to show that low fat is the worst diet plan for it, and low carb is the best. So I'm going to go back to low carb, which I loved when I did it 6-7 years ago - but as per usual I just got bored, took liberties, the weight stopped coming off and I fell off the wagon.

There are so many more online resources now and I'm hoping I'll avoid the boredom this time round. I love the Diet Doctor website, so I've signed up to get access to everything (£7 a month) - a meal planner, hundreds of recipes, a forum, and so on. I'll propbably kick it off on Monday, so I can get rid of carby stuff like bread. Also ordered Tom Kerridge's Dopamine Diet book - I really like him and he's lost a stonking amount of weight over the last three years (plus the book was £2 heehee).

It hope it helps Susie. Yeah, there are so many low carb recipes and websites and apps and all sorts now. Also you’re a good cook so I’m sure you’ll make the most of it😃 x

Lady F, I’ve been recommended the Fast 800 which is low cal low carb with full fats and is based on Mediterranean. Have a look at it, I’m considering it myself xx

Hi Sarah - I did have a quick look at it yesterday but I'm rubbish at fasting, tried a couple of times in the past - but thanks for the thought :).

Hi Susie, welcome on board with low carb. Watch The Magic Pill if you havent and of course read The Obesity Code by Dr Jason Fung. I was researching arthritis too and the only thing i have been eating thats not recommended for arthritis i think is procesed meats. I still have some ham and the odd bit of chorizo to flavour omlettes.

Will do, Tipp, thanks. I feel really excited about it actually, and the Diet Doctor has a great 5 week challenge, which spells it all out and makes it easy to start :).

Back