Susie's 2022 campaign

Woops, fallen off the wagon bigtime - the lunch I brought was a disaster, the avocado was off, the pepper was too high in carbs, and I was uber tired - so of course bready things were calling my name!

Never mind, back on it tonight.

Isnt it so annoying when avocado does that. 🙄

I know, you just can't tell from the outside - and it didn't feel squishy either :(.

Never mind, it's a new day and I got nearly 8 hours sleep woohoo! I did have a slice of bread and butter to help the mag/potassium, and was VERY naughty and had a whole tub of frozen yogurt :eek: so it's no suprise that it's showing on the scales this morning - but Mr Sainsburys is hopefully bringing some Hi-Lo bread - 5g carbs a slice.

B - sossies and chicken with melted cheese (cobbled together, can you tell lol), coffee
L - chicken tikka and green salad
D - chorizo and cabbage sauteed in butter
S - MCT oil, pork scratchings.

Have a good one!

Morning all

Well the evening did not go as planned, a friend came over from Newcastle to vent about her OH, we drank wine for dinner, then crashed out. Don't feel too bad today but as usual the carb monster has taken over my brain, so think I'll just write off today...

I still have a carb monster in me but found with keto he comes out less and less.

Yes I'm sure you're right Tipp, the trouble is I havent been very focused this last week - just read on the Diet Doctor email for the day how important it is to not have an off day - make keto like brushing your teeth, something you just do!

Going to write the weekend off, get meal planning and then jump into keto induction on Monday.

It’s hard to be sociable when doing specific diets and not sway x

Well team, I had a really rough weekend, with a full on upset tum yesterday and today, caused by the high fat (I know because I've been here before, this is why I gave up low carb last time, although it didn't happen then until after a few months, it's come on much quicker this time).

I had to come home at lunchtime today because I felt so rotten - but have had three very refreshing hours' sleep - and have made a decision.

Again. :classic_roll_eyes:

It's back to SW for me on Thursday. Enough of this shillyshallying around! Luckily I don't have loads of cheese or other LCHP food in the house that can't be used in other ways, and what isn't adaptable can be on the menu from now until Thursday. Also going to give up wine again, to give it a fair shot.

Sorry to leave you, Keto Kids, but I'm sure you'll do amazingly! It's just not for me, sadly.

Last edited:
Thats tough Susis, but you know what is best for you. I still dont think im taking enough fat on the days i dont have cheese. But so far no major problems.

Morning team, still feel a bit rough this morning but on the mend. Amazing the impact the high fat has had on my weight, it shot up by 8 lbs, which has gone again today - shows you how bloated all the tum action made me (sorry if tmi). I'll still incorporate some fat into a SW plan but include them in syns - and I'm not going to use any diet/reduced fat/reduced sugar products if I can help it! And no Hi-Fi bars (I say that now hahahaha).

B - ham and cheese sarnie on low carb bread, coffee
L - veg and mozzarella bake, soya yogurt with nuts and skinny white rapsberry choc syrup (just trying to use it up)
D - chicken and veg

Have a good one all xx

Last edited:
Sounds like a good plan!

Whatever works Susie, and sometimes a change is what is needed

Wow thats great news. How many times have we moved house with you now?

Wow thats great news. How many times have we moved house with you now?

LOLOL too many :D :D. Hopefully this one will be it for a while!

Tum is better today, but got another little health thing going on. Was in tears with pain on Sunday night with what I think is a pinched nerve in my right knee. OMFG it was unbelievably painful, and I was really frightened by it - but it eased up eventually with lots of nurofen and liniment massaged into it. Happened again last night, and again this morning, only not so bad, eased up much more quickly. Don't see any point in going to the walk in clinic, because I'm pretty sure that's what it is - I just have to move funny and bing off it goes. This was after my panicked brain raced through all the most awful possibilities, of course! Gawd I hate getting old...

B - ham and cheese sarnie, coffee
L - chicken salad, soya yogurt and nuts
D - something clever with mince

Have a good one!

Sorry about your knee! Pinched nerve ouch!

Absolutely fantastic news about the house! You’ll be in there in no time😃 x

Good idea. I had a great osteopath in London who would do repair and maintenance on me - when I was doing lots of transatlantic flights and had painful joints of all sorts.

Sorry to bore you all with this but I had another ghastly night - I had the most awful sudden, agonising cramp in both legs about midnight - was crying as I was trying to walk it out, from kitchen to living room and back, for about 20 minutes. One spasming on the back of my leg at the top, the other on the side above my knee. What an effing nightmare!

But I am at least all geared up to go to SW tonight - and I have got to start doing some sort of exercise, to help my circulation - because I'm sure that's what all this leg pain is pointing to. I'm going to go up and down the work stairs during lunch, and will try and make myself do Leslie Sansone when I get home.

Back