Susie's 2022 campaign

Thanks GaGirl! I'll check out that book now [later - checked it out, love the sound of it and bought it! :)]

Lunch was a huge piece of beef, with mash, beans and gravy, plus I had a slice of bread with butter, then pud - but no wine or bubbles :).

Full as anything now, so will probably go light on dinner, maybe some chicken soup.

Last edited:
Morning all

A lovely quiet evening, the pitter patter of rain, Classic FM playing, and me reading a book, snuggled up to the cats - perfect!

Food today -

B - ham and cheese toastie, coffee
L - chicken and leafy green salad, chilli dressing, apple (Honeycomb - omg they are delicious!)
D - a big veg bake, got loads to use up - or might do cabbage and bacon saute...

Have a good day x

Morning all

Went to bed at 8.30pm last night (my rock and roll life lol) so was up at sparrows this morning, so I can get some housework done before I take the car in for its MOT - cross fingers!

B - omelette with bacon and spinach, coffee
L - the veg bake I didn't make last night (had chicken soup and two glasses of wine - not together :))
D - pizza night, a friend is dropping in, but we're both watching the pennies so it's Asda frozen pizza :D

Have a good one x

Thanks@GaGirl - they're coming in my home delivery order - but will keep an eye out for the made in store ones! (like, I so need to eat more pizza LOL).

Car passed the MOT fine, and what a lovely garage, they are my go to guys from now on. Also picked up eight books I'd reserved online from the library, at 40 pence each they are much cheaper than buying them and I'm not cluttering up the house with yet more books - win win!

Missed brekkie so just had 1.5 pieces of bread (one was the butt end :D) with two slices of cheese, two slices of ham and two fried eggs - needed food in my tum so I could take turmeric, got a little tickle in my throat, so will let the turmeric and oregano oil do their magic (hopefully!).

Well that plan of fun and pizza went out the window, my tickle has turned into a full blown chest infection, so we postponed until I'm better.

Horrid night's sleep, and will really take it easy today so I can hopefully get to work tomorrow.

B - eggs on soft bread, coffee - not very hungry but need to eat so i can take the turmeric (otherwise it's burny-burny-ouchie!)
L - soup
D - chilli con carne I think - if I feel like cooking at all.

Hope you're all keeping warm and dry x

Oh hope you feel better soon. Chest infections are horrid.
I have a little cold think with all the stress on my holidays and the journey back.
Gone really cold here. Xx

Oh no, chest infections are horrible. I hope it clears soon.

Thanks ladies - threw all my herbal remedies at it and am feeling slightly better today, but stayed home so I could get some sleep. I don't like antibiotics, and it is just a virus, so I know it will pass - but boy there's nothing so scary as sitting up through the night, fighting for breath, tryng to cough up gunk, with aching stomach muscles and a sore, wheezy chest...unfortunately I'd forgotten to replace my Broncoforce, magic stuff that clears it all, so got more on order.

Not to worry, we've turned a corner now. I'm convinced that the herbal approach has dealt with it much more quickly than OTC stuff, and I can really recommend strong garlic tables as a natural go to antibiotic! :). Better for you - and cheaper!

Been eating ok but despite all the honey I've consumed (and medicinal chocolate) over the last three days, I'm also down a pound - go figure.

A pound a week loss is completely ok in my new regime!

Afternoon all - went to work today, not feeling up to it at all but you know the guilt that pushes you back early! And I'm glad I went, actually, loads to catch up on and I pitched my PR plan to the boss and she said yes woohoo! This is a big personal thing for me, means she really trusts me, so it's all systems go! The lovely Head of Comms was so happy he gave me not one but two hugs :D (he's French lol).

Foodwise, rubbish - feeling ick makes me want carbs. Ok ok I want carbs all the time, whether I'm sick or not LOL - but felt it was ok to indulge today.

But at least while I'm chewing on toast I can read the Eat Shop Save book which arrived today. Oh and I got exercise by lugging a really heavy mini oven from across the road - silly delivery man had left it with a neighbour and not in the designated safe place. It's for the new house - I don't use the oven very often and certainly don't need a full sized one, so this one will be perfect. Just dragged it out of the box to test and all works fine.

Morning all - almost back in the land of the living today, after some heavy doses of the Vogel Broncaforce (wonderful stuff which effectively thins the gunk so you can cough it up). The sound effects are pretty gruesome old man-ish, and I did feel sorry for the neighbours!

But I'm feeling a lot better today, and my boss says I actually have some colour in my cheeks - he said I looked like a wraithe yesterday :D.

Dinner was one of the supermarket pizzas and actually it was very nice. I think it's a battle I will always lose if I try and cut carbs out, so will just have to manage round them LOL.

B - l/o sour dough baguette with cheese, coffee
L - chilli with green salad, melon
D - veg to be used up, plus celeriac mash - if it has survived!

Have a good one x

Morning all

A bit brisk out there this morning! Didn't sleep very well, the rattly chest was a bit loud, but feeling better today.

B - cheese roll with pate, coffee
L - baguette with goats cheese and salad, yogurt, apple
D - something veggie, maybe some soup

Popped to Asda on my way home last night, and was very naughty and bought lots of bread and chocolate. Oops. Not to worry - my new Eat, save, spend books have arrived, so will read up this weekend.

Thanks hun - just home now and feeling shattered, TBH - looking forward to my bed. The csts are petitioning me to go outside but we've not cat flap and it's too cold, so hopefully they will curl up soon and zzz.

Soup, toast and bed, I think.

Fab sleep, woke a few times but got back off.

Friday is food day at work - someone goes out for Maccas or parmos or pizza - and it's pretty hard to resist, so didn't bring food with me. Really have not got my head in the game! Never mind, i'llp have a good read of my new books and see if they inspire me.

Have a lovely day x

Hi all - continuing to battling this virus all weekend, but it seems the whole world and his wife have it, so thankful I'm through the worst of it!

Food has been all over the place - either ravenous for anything (except green veg :classic_roll_eyes: ) or the thought of food makes me feel queasy - so not even going to think about it until I'm better.

Rainy and cold here today, hope it's nicer where you are x

Morning all

Still feeling rough but at work, and it's miserable out there, cold and rainy. Winter's arrived.

B - porridge with coconut milk and sultanas, coffee
L - SW meal - sausage casserole
D - chicken curry

Had a good read of the Save Spend Share books, some really nice recipes - so will get cracking on some of the soup recipes this weekend.

Well what a day - not having porridge again because I was starving by 10.30am and by midday my tummy was hugely distended and I had to keep running out to trumpet for England all afternoon :classic_eek: ! Not exactly a good look in the office!

Morning all

Think I've turned a corner with the virus, helped no end by a decent night's sleep!

Planwise, I've come full circle - left to my own devices, I find it too easy to drift along and be completely unfocused, so I'm going to try another SW class next week and see if I like them. In the meantime I'm back to using up stuff in the frisge, not much bad stuff luckily, but lots of veg I've ignored over the last few days!

B - cheese toastie, chorizo sausage, coffee (yum!)
L - a sandwich off the van, yogurt
D - Some sort of veg stew

Enjoy!

Morning all

Definitely feeling much better today, still coughing a bit, but a huge improvement on the last 10 days!

Brought my SW book in case I manage to put my big girl pants on and go to the new class tonight, will see how I feel later, but really there's no point in putting it off. I know what I'm like, if I put it off for another week I'll just see how much farewell pizza I can fit in before then - like the pizza I ordered last night! Leftovers for lunch...but will do a proper food diary here once I'm back into food prep.

I hated slimming world groups all that blasted clapping

Oh god yes, it seems to go on forever, doesn't it! :D. But SW (and WW, which I didn't enjoy) is the only place I know where you get weighed once a week, which I know I need.

However, I got held up at work tonight so will have to wait until next week. But I'll get back to batch cooking and eating SW recipes this weekend.

Was trying to be good this afternoon - but then someone gave me a raspberry cupcake (which was delicious!).

Last edited:
Back