Susie's 2022 campaign

I'm just so unfocused these days - but I need to keep thinking about my knees will like me better once I start losing weight.

Nearly the end of the week yaye! Food today is all leftovers...

Well I’m getting back on track Saturday. So jump onboard with me.

Sounds like a plan, GaGirl!

I'll do a WI tonight (oh gawd!) and then I've got Mr Asda coming later on - with NO junk food - and want to spend tomorrow cooking up a storm - got four good meals planned. I think one of my problems is I make batches that are too big, forget to put some in the freezer and then feel I need to eat the same thing over and over, get bored and fall off the wagon!

I've got the following planned - Hunter's chicken, sweetcorn chowder, Mac and greens and spicy sausage casserole, which gives me a lot of variety - plus I've got a couple of SW Iceland meals in the freezer too - so no excuses! :classic_roll_eyes: :classic_oops: .

Please, everyone, feel free to chivvy me along, I make way too many excuses for myself! :)

Morning all - might be me on my own here for a while, seems very quiet.

Head still not in the right place so will just try to do a mixture of sensible eating plus SW meals -

B - egg and cheese roll, coffee
L - SW pea and mint soup, brown roll, apple
D - SW sausage casserole

Sx

Hi Susie, ive been hiding for a week, well more hiding my head in shame as i havent stopped eating.
Are you back at work now or still sick at home. Do what suits and what works. Are you going to go to a group, it seemed to work for you in London when you first came back from Italy

Hi hun - nothing at all to be embarrassed about, I ate pizza all weekend!

I just had one day off work, so soldiered through, but only started feeling better on Saturday.

I can't make my mind up about group and there's no point in going when I'm feeling ho hum about it, so I'm just going to try and stick to reasonably healthy eating and calorie count. I keep making excuses for why I can't stick to plan, so am just going to bumble through it and hope I find some grit from somewhere!

All ok otherwise, except for a woman in my team at work who I could happily shout at!

Gosh what an awful afternoon - got made to feel like poo by a 20 year old in the comms team, she can be a bit of a bully at times, and I know she doesn't like me, although I have no idea why I've upset her. Silly cow.

Foodwise though, it's been good, I ended up having mushroom stir fry (steamed) with four Joe's Sausages chopped up in it, with skinny BBQ sauce on it - and it was yummy!

Cals - I'd set them at 1800 which i think might be a bit high, because I've come in so far at 1,066 - but will leave it at that for a bit and see how I get on.

More greens!

It's a new day and I'm determined not to let the work bully infant and her two mates spoil what's otherwise a lovely work environment for me :0.

Also feel an enormous sense of freedom and flexibility in doing CCing again. I just need to stick with it!

B - egg and cheese on a brown roll, coffee
L - leftover stir fry and sossies with Thousand Island sauce, banana and sweet freedom on rye cakes, apple
D - lots and lots of veg, the fridge is full of stuff to be used up

Will update later with cals but imagine I'll be well under.

Morning :)

Had a good day foodwise yesterday, with lots of veg - made me realise I wouldn't be averse to eating that way most of the time - so am going to scale back on meat for a bit. I don't eat much red meat anyway, and if I have lots of veg during the day i still have lots of cals left for cheese and marmite on toast in the evening :D.

B - veggie bake, coffee
L - out for lunch for the boss's farewell, so it's chicken dirty fries for me
D - some sort of veg stew with cheese and onion mash

Enjoy your day x

Its so annoying when work mates throw their weight around. Ive 3 like that at work.
Anyway try as hard as you can foodwise and let work stuff just drift by. About how many do you work with, is it easy to ignore people.

Its so annoying when work mates throw their weight around. Ive 3 like that at work.
Anyway try as hard as you can foodwise and let work stuff just drift by. About how many do you work with, is it easy to ignore people.

Yeah luckily we've all just moved desks and I sit two rows away from bossy boots now. I got a lift down to the restaurant with a lovely woman from work, who is quite senior, and told her about it, she was furious with them. So that might quietly filter through to the new boss, who starts Monday and will be sitting next to me :).

Food at lunch was lovely, I had chicken parmo strips on top of fries, tomatoes were the only nod to veg! And O.M.G I am so full!

But speaking of food (again), I'm going to buy the new HFW veg book, the recipes sound right up my street. Tried to get the ebook from the library but the wretched thing won't download, there's a fault with it - so there goes my plan not to buy more books :D.

Oh goodness me Gagirl you have revolutionised my life! I never clocked the sample thing (wakey wakey Suze lol), so I've been having a lovely time downloading samples and whizzing through them, including the Hugh book - and there's enough for me to try out without spending a penny on books - well happy :D. I don't want to go totally vegan, I love eggs and dairy too much, but there are all sorts of fab recipes I can tinker with, and I feel really excited about it :).

Just had a mad mixture of roasted broccoli, cauli, leeks and spinach with sme olive oil and a can of Asda's cheapo chicken in sauce - and oh my it was delicious. Filling up on veg means I can use olive oil and coconut oil again - so for a while I'm just going to focus on eating well, mostly plant based, and supplement with chicken or meat when I feel the need. I'm also not going to weigh myself anf also not going to plug everything in to MFP or worry about calories, and see how I get on for a month.

Also soooo happy because after nearly seven weeks I have my lovely laptop back - I spilled water on the keyboard, and HP had to send to the US for parts - but didn't charge me, nor did the local computer repair guy - amazing! It's a 17 inch screen and I've missed it so much!

Thanks @GaGirl I'll take a look at the "How not to die" book. Hugh FW has produced a few books on veg now, I had the first one but gave it to a veggie friend. She's actually coming up to stay with me in November so I'm going to roadtest a couple of recipes from the new one, starting with fennel, potato and tomato stew.

I also like the look of "Bazaar" - they seem like things I'd make - going to try feta and spring onion potato skins this weekend, they would be fab for work lunches.

Food today -

B - veggie eggy bake, coffee
L - a big veg stir fry (ready made) with skinny sauce, yogurt, apple (am in love with Honeycrunch apples from Asda, so delish!)
D - l/o broccoli/cauli thing

Have a good one!

Morning all

Pouring down here, yuck, but all set for a cooking/reading weekend (thank you again GaGirl xx) :). Came a cropper yesterday at lunch - my stir fry had passed its use by date, tasted horrible, and I substituted with a sausage roll and a Snickers bar. Oops. Oh well, Rome wasn't built in a day...

B - ham and cheese sandwich (brown bread), coffee
L - soup and toast, salad
D - not sure yet!

Have a good one and keep warm and dry.

Hello! A madly busy weekend, with a bit of unwanted media attention, but coming out the other side now - and hopefully will have my life back tonight x

Oooo🤔 you have me curious now???

I hope the mean girls back iff at work, i honestly believe that some people dont know the knock on effect of their actions.

Hope you get back in your food groove again.

Hello babes - re the media, it was a mention in something we're doing with the government, but all fading away now :).

Defo not got my food groove back yet, just had a piece of gingerbread cake (yum!).

But hopefully will have the time and energy to make Hugh's tomato, potato and fennel stew tonight.

Back