Susie's 2022 campaign

Thanks ladies, yes I feel less panicky now. I just need to stop being a prat, get back on plan - and stay on it!

Glad to be at work in one piece today - you know those days where a whole load of little niggly things happen, one after the after - work up before the alarm, made coffee, bumped my arm, coffee all over the floor. Washed my hair - no conditioner. Went to brush my teeth and the brush bit came flying off, and at the same time I squeezed the toothpaste tube and it all squirted out everywhere. And so on!

Have you found a local group you want to go to yet. I know you didnt gel great with the last one you tried.

Hopefully the new group is better Suzie and you did so well with slimming world - i never quite managed too quite get in the groove again after my first success - but i think i had sickened myself of a lot of slimming world favs - and things i liked before slimming world. My dad and sister are really missing fruit on low carb and even though its been a year and a half since i did slimming world (at home) in my head i'm like i ate so much fruit i'd gladly never have any ever again. (Not healthy, I know and i am having berries on low carb)

Also I know how gutting it is to see you are back at a starting weight, but normally when that happens I throw the towel have an internal tantrum and decide i will be fat forever and eat accordingly and end up at my new highest weight ever. so you are taking such a great step by going back to slimming world and not letting it spiral.

Have you found a local group you want to go to yet. I know you didnt gel great with the last one you tried.

Yes there's quite a few groups here, luckily, so I'm going to one that will be quite close to my new home @5.30pm.

Hopefully the new group is better Suzie and you did so well with slimming world...I know how gutting it is to see you are back at a starting weight, but normally when that happens I throw the towel have an internal tantrum and decide i will be fat forever and eat accordingly and end up at my new highest weight ever. so you are taking such a great step by going back to slimming world and not letting it spiral.

Thanks to you both for supporting me through my many changes of mind, I know it must be a pain to read that I'm doing CC one day, low carb the next, then Day 3 brings yet another announcement! But you're right, I did do well on SW and at the time I was convinced it was the plan for me forever. I'm going to go back over my diary (all one million pages of it :classic_eek: ) and see what triggers were happening for me to stop - although I'd lay money on it being a combo of my old nemesis, lack of planning/forgot to batch cook, as well as boredom/stress - and find some sort of way to beat them.

Everyone's on eggshells here at work - a decision on a big tender is due. Cross fingers!

Aww thanks GaGirl

I love Slimming Eats and Cubs are hilarious, so I've re-registered for all but Pinch of Nom - it might be cutting my nose to spite my face but I just can't stand those women TBH, they made thousands from SW, and now SW has told them to stop linking SW to anything they do, and I'm really pleased about that.

Didn't know about SW Survival so will check that out, thanks! Pinterest won't let me log into my account so i got annoyed with it :D.

Aww thanks GaGirl

I love Slimming Eats and Cubs are hilarious, so I've re-registered for all but Pinch of Nom - it might be cutting my nose to spite my face but I just can't stand those women TBH, they made thousands from SW, and now SW has told them to stop linking SW to anything they do, and I'm really pleased about that.

Didn't know about SW Survival so will check that out, thanks! Pinterest won't let me log into my account so i got annoyed with it :D.
From what i recall pinch of nom also stole lots of recipes from two chubby cubs and other slimming world blogs. Very poor behaviour.

I think we've all been there with swapping and changes and I bet it is the meal planning etc. I always forget (perhaps I'm supressing) just how much energy and planning eating healthy or following a particular woe can be.

From what i recall pinch of nom also stole lots of recipes from two chubby cubs and other slimming world blogs. Very poor behaviour.

YES they did, I forgot that. This is a good read - https://tattle.life/threads/pinch-of-nom.2409/

And yes it does take a lot of energy and so on with meal plans - I love it at first but really run out of steam and I think that's where the boredom starts to seep in and my brain starts whispiering sweet nothings about McDonalds and pizza at me :D.

I've got all the ingredients for a chicken and veg slow cooker meal, so can assemble that when I get home tomorrow, then rush out to SW, and it will be ready when I come in. Other than that, I'm planning a couple of pasta bakes (even though pasta makes me gain), and my favourite of all time, chicken Supreme!

You know, sometimes I astonish myself with my own stupidity :D. I had sold my soup maker on the local FB, in an effort to clear out gadgets - even though I used it a lot. Why did I do that? Then I bought a Morphy Richards 10 in 1 multicooker, which has SAT IN THE CUPBOARD UNUSED for the last four months. So I start browsing new soup makers today, but then remembered that the Morphy Richards multicooker also does soup! For some reason I just don't like it - even though I've never used it - and forget it's there. Ridiculous. So, I'll try some soups too as part of my SW planning.

YES they did, I forgot that. This is a good read - https://tattle.life/threads/pinch-of-nom.2409/

And yes it does take a lot of energy and so on with meal plans - I love it at first but really run out of steam and I think that's where the boredom starts to seep in and my brain starts whispiering sweet nothings about McDonalds and pizza at me :D.

I've got all the ingredients for a chicken and veg slow cooker meal, so can assemble that when I get home tomorrow, then rush out to SW, and it will be ready when I come in. Other than that, I'm planning a couple of pasta bakes (even though pasta makes me gain), and my favourite of all time, chicken Supreme!

You know, sometimes I astonish myself with my own stupidity :D. I had sold my soup maker on the local FB, in an effort to clear out gadgets - even though I used it a lot. Why did I do that? Then I bought a Morphy Richards 10 in 1 multicooker, which has SAT IN THE CUPBOARD UNUSED for the last four months. So I start browsing new soup makers today, but then remembered that the Morphy Richards multicooker also does soup! For some reason I just don't like it - even though I've never used it - and forget it's there. Ridiculous. So, I'll try some soups too as part of my SW planning.

I know pasta is easy on slimming world but if bread is your fav carb it might be worth doing some SP days as you have other no carbs options protein and veg and then you could have double bread a s you get two healthy B's and still be on plan? I did try to have some of the SW ready meals as back up for when I couldn't be bothered cooking - some of them are dreadful but some were decent - I used to like the curries best.

Yes that's how I did it last time, mostly SP - which I'm happy with - and double bread woohoo! :)

Oooh and need to go on another quest for the best SW friendly sausage - I was gutted to discover that Joe's Sausages closed down recently :(.

Yes that's how I did it last time, mostly SP - which I'm happy with - and double bread woohoo! :)

Oooh and need to go on another quest for the best SW friendly sausage - I was gutted to discover that Joe's Sausages closed down recently :(.
I used to like Heck chicken for variety (the paprika ones are a decent sub for chorizo) and M and S skinny sausages were 0.5 syns and lush.

Last edited:
Don’t forget to keep it simple some days for your own ease! I get bogged down with meal planning and trying to come up with interesting meals when actually, some days just a jacket potato will do or some simply cooked meat or fish with veg. I find having a couple of simple meals a week takes a bit of the hassle out of all the planning and prepping xx

Excellent point there GaGirl! :).

Yes, a good idea some days to just do a jacket, or beans on toast or something (still overly excited about the double HEB allowance lol). I do like batch cooking and freezing too, so there should always be something to hand.

One of the things that can trip me up is snacks. I woke at 3am (as I usually do) and was starving, tummy rumbling and everything. In the end I had a piece of Lindt 90% and a cup of tea, but have you got any suggestions for here - because a piece of celery or a bit of fruit won't work in the middle of the night lol.

Can you get things that are low syn but treat like. I used to love the multi packs of midget gems, mini gingersbreadmen that were 4.5 syns each. Of multipack Maltesers. A piece of money 90% might actually be low syn as its 3 syns per 10g/a square as for me a little goes a long way with dark chocolate. Wjat woukd you want as a late night snack and then we could help think of slimming world equivalent. Also hifi and hifi equivalents will be filling because of the fibre.

Oh yes Hifis - to be honest, I think I migfht keep a piece of bread back and use that, because it helps the magnesium tablets that I take for RLS absorb more quickly.

And isn't Fate a funny thing? There's me yesterday saying "must use the multicooker" and today it sold on eBay - where I'd completely forgotten I'd put it on an indefinite no end date thing. So I can afford the latest soup maker :D.

You are making me want a soup maker. (I love a gadget) I bought one once and my OH mocked me (how hard is soup, how woukd he know he never cooks) And it immediately broke and I sent it back to amazon. I will keep an eye out for blackfriday deals. He also mocked the air fryer and I use that all the time so what does he know.

Men know nothing - follow your instincts, buy more gadgets!

Well my plan to go to SW tonight hasn't panned out, because it's now 5.24pm and I'm still at work waiting for the boss to respond to something. Next week!

Morning all

Well, another day, another drama - ha I've just realised this diary is almost nothing about food and all about the ups and downs of life - of which there seems to be a fair bit at the moment!

The landlord of the new property will only accept a three year lease (which I'd asked for) without any let out clause (which I'm insisting on) - so looks like I won't be moving in after all! I'm not prepared to be tied in financially to a rental property for three years, that's crazy.

And then i had an upset with my Asda delivery - the guy pulled up a couple of houses down, got the trays ready, hopped back in his van and drove off! So I rang to ask what the heck that was about, but they didn't have a clue and can't ring the driver (oh really???), so I cancelled the order. The guy then knocks on my door 45 minutes later and tried to say he'd delivered to another house, then was scheduled to deliver to someone two miles away, then back to me - conveniently forgetting that I'd stood at the door and watched him NOT deliver to anyone else. So I sent him packing - but now I've got no loo paper :classic_eek: :classic_mad:. Blooming Asda, fed up with the bad service, so it's Tescos next time.

Work is also a bit icky at the moment, no long term issues, but just another lpog on the fire of sleeplessness last night!

Men know nothing - follow your instincts, buy more gadgets!

Well my plan to go to SW tonight hasn't panned out, because it's now 5.24pm and I'm still at work waiting for the boss to respond to something. Next week!

I mean that might as well be my mantra so I am keeping an eye out for black friday deals - he can comment on kitchen gadgets when he does the cooking. (He once used three pans to make soup so he has very little ground to stand on.

Morning all

Well, another day, another drama - ha I've just realised this diary is almost nothing about food and all about the ups and downs of life - of which there seems to be a fair bit at the moment!

The landlord of the new property will only accept a three year lease (which I'd asked for) without any let out clause (which I'm insisting on) - so looks like I won't be moving in after all! I'm not prepared to be tied in financially to a rental property for three years, that's crazy.

And then i had an upset with my Asda delivery - the guy pulled up a couple of houses down, got the trays ready, hopped back in his van and drove off! So I rang to ask what the heck that was about, but they didn't have a clue and can't ring the driver (oh really???), so I cancelled the order. The guy then knocks on my door 45 minutes later and tried to say he'd delivered to another house, then was scheduled to deliver to someone two miles away, then back to me - conveniently forgetting that I'd stood at the door and watched him NOT deliver to anyone else. So I sent him packing - but now I've got no loo paper :classic_eek: :classic_mad:. Blooming Asda, fed up with the bad service, so it's Tescos next time.

Work is also a bit icky at the moment, no long term issues, but just another lpog on the fire of sleeplessness last night!

Food can seem an afterthought sometimes - I think it goes along with the time and energy required to diet - it's easier when everything is going well so can be thrown by things going off plot.

That does seem ridiculous - anything could happen but what a shame as it nearly worked out perfectly -

Gosh you've had so many problems with Asda. I do remember once running down the street from work because the driver was early but he had driven away (I mean running down the street did take awhile but still) and he was early and I rang them to ask if he was coming back as it wasn't even my delivery slot yet and they did ring him and he come back but in a right mood so I rang back and complained and got a few free deliveries but then the whole no subs thing became an issue so it's been Tesco since. Re the loo roll do you have amazon prime - i use amazon so much i sometimes use prime now and if I don't want to spend a load of money (you have to spend £40 for free delivery so if I want one thing off prime now (milk/loo roll) I order the one thing and a £40 pound amazon voucher and then stick that straight on my account where it will get used up.)

Sorry work is rubbish also - if these things happen in three's you might be due for a change of luck.

He once used three pans to make soup so he has very little ground to stand on.

LOLOL that's hilarious. I had an ex like that - although he thought he was channelling Jamie Oliver - I could hear him in the kitchen saying "A bosh of this and a bosh of that..." :D.

I do remember once running down the street from work because the driver was early but he had driven away (I mean running down the street did take awhile but still) ...

Also hilarious :). I chased a Yodel driver down the road once, same reason. Caught him too lol.

Yeah Asda, what a pain - never again - although I was pleasantly surprised to get an exceptionally helpful person on the phone yesterday who refunded it straight away, and gave me a £5 (woohoo stop the presses, let's go spend!).

And thanks, work is better today - it was a little personality clash but I think we're ironing it out now. Feel so knackered though, toss-turned for about four hours in the night. But also had a mild flirtation going with the head of our Scottish office, there's that slight frisson of sweet tension when he comes to chat to me about PR stuff, and he's thinks I've got a "lovely sense of humour" - nothing about my fabulous looks then humpf! :D :D. So that cheered me up. Nothing will come of it, pretty sure he's married with 42 children but nice to play along and not take it seriously. Wish I'd known how to do that when I was 20!

Last edited:
Back