Susie's 2022 campaign

Oooo work affairs. Im having one too, but my real husband knows all about it😅. I was showing my daughters baby scan around and 2 new staff asked about it. My collegue (who was my boss) told them i was having his baby in January and we were going away this weekend to Paris to get engaged. They know we are both off this weekend so believed it😱. Considering i am 51 and he is 44 i say well done to me on both counts😂😂😂👍

But you are so right, if we could do in our 20s what we do well now life would have been simpler. Enjoy the flirting game.

Hope other stuff at work settles down, you put a lot of effort into getting that job and moving your life for it.

Work will be fine, in fact it's already better - and I'm gobbling lots of Vit E and St Johns Wort so i am calm and serene and not at the mercy of madly fluctuating hormones!

I can show you a pic of my work guy if you like, he's quite cute, and has dimples swoon :). I do so love making him laugh, we have great craik.

Let's hope so, they so don't deserve to make money from people struggling to lose weight!

And i agree, a big pot and a hand blender is just as good for soup - but I do love a good gadget :D.

I have a nutri bullet. Its used at least 10 times a week. Other than that im fairly old school with gadgets. Got a breadmaker, didnt like it. Got a slow cooker, loved it for ages but found veg was always a bit mushy. I prefer a pressure cooker. Its an old fashioned one you put on the cooker and twist the handle. Soup is always a pot and a stick blender.

Losing weight is a HUGE industry and will continue to be. We just need to be wise about who we spend our money with.

Susie, does St Johns Wort really work, thats another herbal remedy we cant buy here.

Susie, does St Johns Wort really work, thats another herbal remedy we cant buy here.

Yes Tipp it's great, I'm a worrier and stress about a lot of stuff, and SJW is amazing, I can feel all the knots in the stomach ease away. Want me to get you some? Or maybe you can get them in Paris while you're there? ? I Iike the Swanson ones off Amazon.

Been a busy day here, got lots done this morning at home and out and about, and then viewed two bungalows (OK but need lots of £), and back home now trying to warm up - for some reason the house feels freezing, so I'm spending the evening wrapped up in blankets on the sofa with the cats and a good book!

The St Johns Wort is for my daughter. Good idea, i might try to find some here.

Afternoon all - after a lovely long sleep in, I'm now just waiting for Mr (wait for it) Asda now. I know I said I wasn't going to use them again but couldn't get a slot with Tesco or Sainsburys for today and we're out of the important stuff like cat litter, cat food, cat treats and milk :). Wanted to use the voucher they sent me anyway.

Also made a couple of other decisions -

1. I'm going to stop looking at houses for now and wait until I've sold the London flat (mid next year, probably) and then be in a cash buyer position. So I'll stay in the rental and make a couple of changes to make it more comfy (a mini fridge in the kitchen, for example, so I don't have to trek backwards and forwards every time I want milk) and maybe a folding screen on the bath so I can use the shower there - it's just a handheld attachment but it'll be roomier than the phone box sized shower cubicle!

2. I'm going to wait until after Christmas to go back to SW. I know what I'm like, I'll say I'll be good then I won't be - so a fresh start in January will be much better.

So that's the plan - on the condition that I may change my mind at any time :D :D.

January is a good an for SE
No point in wasting money on it now. January is an excellent time to start.... And they might havr special offers then.

I think this is a rotten tim e of year to be house searching anyway so your plans sound sensible.

I think that's a good plan with slimming world. It's Christmas and if you know what will happen why waste the money. Bear in mind though at most groups January will be mega busy (for a few weeks at least) I say this while waiting for a new year offer on joining a pool.

Morning all

Yes I'm happy enough just to chill for a bit, and not think at all about moving.

Been googling shower screens and might try one of those shower rails that don't require any drilling - and my new mini fridge arrives tomorrow yaye.

The first house I lived in after I left home had a pantry separate from the kitchen which drove me nuts but now I'm just thankful it wasn't the fridge. Mini fridge sounds like it will help though

Wowser what a mad day, so busy but did manage to get a bit done in between meetings.

The mini fridge has arrived and fits perfectly under one of the wall cupboards, so that's exciting, just need to transfer milk into smaller containers so they fit without taking the shelves out.

I in no way need a mini fridge but now I kind of want one. Whups. But at least you can have access to milk - I hate meeting heavy days - I sit in lots of them thinking about how much work I have to do so it ends up I am neither paying attention to the meeting or getting any work done!

Yes it was fab this morning having everything I need actually in the kitchen for a change :).

Podcast training this morning, really looking forward to it. Then lots of content rewriting yuck, I've got headphones with me today so i can concentrate!

Morning all - another really busy day in store, the boss is on hols after tomorrow so she's churning through it all :).

And got to rush off at 4pm to let some chaps from a local(ish) charity store deliver a small sofa and two chairs - they advertise on FB and I happened to be online just as they posted, and went yep I'll have those thanks! Really nice, beige linen Chesterfield Laura Ashley stype - and easily a third of the price if I'd bought them new. Am going to give them stuff to take away too so hopefully it'll all fit in :D :D.

1575533710010.png

Happily they are very comfortable although you can't see much of them because I've put throws over them to stop the cats scratching the fabric! Got the sofa and one chair squished into the living room and one chair in the spare room - plus the guys took away the other stuff I didn't want, a long outside bench and an old Japanese hall stand thing - so we had room, just! :)

I know you shouldn't wish time away but I can't wait for today to be over - watched a particularly sad episode of Pose, cried throughout it, then slept badly and my eyes are now all puffy!

Evening all

Had a very quiet restful weekend, didn't even come on tinternet much, just read books and looked at houses - of course, can't keep a good housebuyer down! I'm seeing a bungalow on Thursday that looks promising and is in my financial comfort zone so I'd still be on target to retire next July (if I sell London ok).

Nothing else going on - work is manic as usual, and I don't have much to do re Christmas, just cards - hopefully tomorrow.

Back