Susie's 2022 campaign

Hope the house hunting goes well. At least by now you will have very definite ideas about what you dont want, about what definitely wont work for you. Retirement.... What a wonderful idea, i think ive sold my soul to my job now for life.
Is maniac work just normal busy xmas stuff or will this be the normal pace?

Is maniac work just normal busy xmas stuff or will this be the normal pace?

It's mad now right through to February, we're launching a major new product, so it's likely to be 10-12 hour days for a while getting everything done.

Not to worry, got two weeks off over Christmas.

Blowing a blooming gale out there today!

Last edited:
Sounds amazing GaGirl - I really can't wait. There's a very active U3A here, lots of social groups for older people - it was one of the reasons I chose Seaham :). All my favourite things - Mahjong, languages classes, lunch clubs, book/film/cultural groups, etc - they meet every week, so you could easily be doing something every day. I'd also like to volunteer at the library and maybe the cat rescue, and finish my novel (famous last words lol). And of course there's a good chance of picking up writing work for my company - nice to have extra money coming in and also keep my brain engaged.

Ive a bit to go to retirement, especially as the government keeps increasing the age.

I love mahjong. And your writing a book more jealousy lol. I’d like to volunteer at the local children’s hospice charity shop but being that I’m hardly in the country I’m not sure they would want me. But I really should go and ask.

Oh great idea GaGirl, I'm sure they'd love extra help however often you can do it.

I love mahjong too, have played since i was a kid - so it will be great to get back into it. I taught friends in Italy and we'd play for hours :D.

Ive a bit to go to retirement, especially as the government keeps increasing the age.

Me too Tipp, I'll have another eight years before the state pension kicks in but hopefully, if my plan works out, I'll have enough to live on until then :).

Morning all - another busy day and a mysterious invitation from a work colleague onto a private meeting - not to do with me I'm guessing as my manager isn't involved - but now I'm dying of curiosity!

Morning - figured out the private meeting purpose, it's to take my statement as a witness to one colleague being horrible to another.

Off to see the house tonight, really excited, I know I shouldn't get my hopes up but it does feel like the best option.

And I'm off tomorrow woohoo - booked it as soon as I heard the election date, so I can stay up all night and shout at the tellie :D :D.

Nice to know they take bulling seriously. Is it the same person that was mean to you.?

hope the viewing goes well. Happy shouting at your telly. I’m 4hrs behind and I’m going to stay off all news media until I get up tomorrow morning.
Have a good day.

No GaGirl a different person. It was quite a tough situation, I felt a bit upset at the end but it's the right process to follow - and yes they do take it very seriously, they are very clear about the type of person they want to have working for them, which I admire.

The viewing went well - nice lady, great house. She wants £68K and I said I could probably do that, so she's going to talk to her son tonight and we're chatting tomorrow. She has another viewing on Saturday so might want to wait and see if they offer more. If it looks like a bidding war I'm stepping away, so not interested in that.

I'll try and refrain from posting anything about the election in here, no idea which way it will go - but voter turnout has been big, apparently, so at least people are making sure they have their say.

I am just looking at the pictures online of people queuing - seems unreal, I have never even seen anyone but me and my husband in the polling station except the people manning it round our way. I am off tomorrow (because I'm doing lunch before work bowling but it will mean I can stay up and watch. My OH always stays up and watches (his degree is in politics) it's a weird one for sure - I sort of think we're heading towards a hung parliament but increased turnout is always a good thing.

Pleased you got the result you wanted GaGirl :).

Had a lovely lazy day, curled up watching TV (no politics!) and made a good start on the 20 Years Under the Duvet campaign lol.

But from the good news stable, saw a house last night and my offer has been accepted :).

Last edited:
Well done on the house. Keep us updated.

You got much planned for the weekend

Nothing at all, happily - isn't it mad, when I was young all I wanted to do was out all the time. Now, happiness is slippers and the tellie with the heating on LOL. Had a nice little sleep in after being up for a few hours with RLS in the night, so was trying to work out where everything will go in the new place - always a good way to keep my brain occupied :D.

Morning

Yep me too Snowy, I love just chilling at home. Going to take next M and T off so I will finish this Friday and not be back until the 6th woohoo!

My fab deskmate thinks I should do the extension before I move in, which is smart - and another work friend, who has just done up a bungalow around the corner to sell (too £ for me though lol) said she had all the GCH pipes redone and boiler replaced for about £3K - so think that might be a wise thing to do now, and then not have to worry about it again.

Great to talk to locals about what they have done already. They should be in a good position to advise about prices and even tradesmen

My last day in the sun tomorrow. Leave here around 4pm for the airport then back to the Christmas madness.

Oh you poor love, it will take some adjustment - because Jeez Louise its cold out there today - took ages to de-ice the car! Apparently it's snowing in the west...

Went to the house last night to measure up and instead chatted to the owner for two hours lol. She's a lovely lady and wants to be friends (I think she's a bit lonely - all her family are in Leeds, where she'll be moving to). Some pluses, the loft is already partly insulated, it has a new-ish roof - minuses, some spaces are a bit smaller than I thought, ie, the little conservatory isn't big enough to take my fridge - so it makes me think even more to get the extension done now and then it's all lovely.

Three days to go woohoo!!!!

Hope your journey was ok GaGirl and you're in the warm now!

Another busy day but only two more to go then two weeks off woohoo! All my Christmas jobs are done - cards given out at work and to the neighbours - got three, isn't that nice? They are a friendly lot in my street. Secret Santa is wrapped, beer for a workmate sorted (she was going to housesit the cats, lovely lady. I'd got the beer in for her and I dont drink it) and the Christmas shop ordered.

The builder couldn't make it to the new house tonight so will have to wait until Jan, but that's ok, I can guess at measurements and plot it all out on graph paper until then. If it comes in too expensive then I'll put in a new K&B which will make it look lovely anyway - but we shall see.

Do you have a particularly monsterous fridge or just very small kirchens? 😃

LOL Tipp, a combination of both - it's an American fridge freezer, which is 95cm wide, and the new K is tiny. A friend said I should just buy a smaller F/F and I glared at her. What a silly idea :D.

Everyone's getting demob happy at work, which is always fun. I'm not stressed about deadlines now because I'll get bored at home so will do a little bit. Plus I passed my six month probation yesterday with flying colours, so that's me made permanent now (and a little payrise woohoo!).

Back