Susie's roadmap to freedom

SusieBees

Hello
I've been going to group for about 7 weeks now and although I was fairly good at the beginning, and even managed a few 100 % weeks, the last two weeks I have well and truely fallen off the wagon :( I had to go on a residential course last week, and although the food was delicious I stayed on plan the first day :) yay me :) but the second day saw a gradual decent into gluttony which ended with TWO slices of cheesecake AND a whole cheeseboard (crackers, butter, cheddar and Brie) it was very yummy mind you, all washed down with a glass (large) of Rose. I told myself that I would get back on plan the next day, and I still haven't - some days are better than others but even on good days my syn count is way way over - and yesterday I went to the beach and scoffed sweets on the way to, fish and chips for lunch snacking on crisps on the beach, huge ice-cream and then cheese on toast for my tea!!

After a gradual loss of 10 1/2 lbs I'm beginning to put it all back on :( and I need to find my way back to thindom.
Im starting by doing a shop, getting lots of fruit (although I must say, apples really need a make over and rebrand themselves) mullerlights and fat free snacking food. Ooh, perhaps I need to look at some recipes for inspiration and write down the next few days meals!!! Doh, see, I knew id forgotten how to do this!

Right! Breakfast then! Weetabix and frozen raspberries (HexB and HexA is milk today)

Will update later when I get back from shopping - and remind myself that nothing tastes nicer than the feeling of being slim :)

Hi SusieBees, Welcome to the forum altho' I see you have been on here for a wee while but never too late for starting a diary.. that's great.

Think you are in the "all or nothing at all" group which is quite detrimental to keeping on track as I have learned for myself over the years.

Firstly, do try to relax a bit more and treat a blip as just that! No negative ideas about food, if you have something that's not on plan then that's what you CHOSE to do and that was a treat. That in turn will help you not to automatically feel that you have failed again - everything is over - woe is me - type of thing! That will then lead to your instant plunge into a full blown binge.
So you can then get back to your regime and enjoy the food you are going to have and feel excited about your continuing progress.

Hope you will try that .. it has worked well for me...Take care and all the very best to you......:)

Back