Extra Easy SW - 128 Days to be bikini ready!

Hev_Sparrow

Silver Member
Hi all,

I've been doing Slimming World from home for a couple of weeks now but am struggling to stay on plan, particularly at weekends. People have recommended a food diary as the best way to keep track and stay on plan, so here I go! All advice on swaps/extras/ anything else gratefully received!

A food diary does really help :) it makes you more honest with yourself about what your eating. Good luck :)

A food diary does really help :) it makes you more honest with yourself about what your eating. Good luck :)

Thanks, that's what I'm thinking. I was writing it down last week, but I still cheat a bit cuz I think well it's only me that sees it :oops: So hopefully putting it on here will make me a whole lot more honest! Feel free to tell me off if I misbehave lol.

The one thing I swear by is counting everything. I really struggle on a weekend to but I've found making sure I've counted every last syn really helps me to pull it back over the week

Ok so food diary day 1 - Monday

Breakfast
2 x Weetabix (HexB) with 200ml Semi Skimmed Milk (HexA)

Lunch
Salad - Tomato, Cucumber, Green Pepper, Lettuce & Asda BBQ Chicken Chunks

Dinner
Bacon, Heck Paprika Sausage & Mushroom Risotto (1.5 syns for sausages)

Snacks/Syns
Banana
Chicken & Sweetcorn Noodle Mug Shot
Strawberry Muller Light Yoghurt
1 Chocolate Digestive biscuit (4 syns)
1 Large Chocolate Chip Snack a Jack (3 syns)

Total = 8.5 syns

Here to follow your diary! I am restarting after many failed attempts!

Good luck!

Here to follow your diary! I am restarting after many failed attempts!

Good luck!

Thanks! This is my first attempt at SW, but it's taken me a few weeks to get going and I keep falling off the wagon and gorging on chocolate so I'm hoping witnesses will keep me in check lol.

Day 2 - Tuesday

Breakfast
2 x Weetabix with 200ml Semi Skimmed Milk (HexA & HexB)

Lunch
Salad - Cucumber, Tomato, Red Pepper, BBQ Chicken Chunks & Couscous

Dinner
Chicken Noodles & Soy Sauce

Snacks/ Syns
Banana
2 x Chocolate Chip Snack a Jacks (large ones) - 6 syns
Banana & Custard Muller LIght
After Dinner Mint Muller LIght
2 x Chicken & Sweetcorn Mugshots

Total = 6 syns

Hello, me again,
I think you're doing ok, ( though am no expert:rolleyes:)
I struggle with the same, what to have for breakfast, thats not just cereal,
So a few suggestions, I've found, here and online in various places.

Mini egg, Bacon & or Ham quiches, not using pastry, but using a cupcake tin, making them a doz at a time, adding mushroom, tomato, perhaps some peppers, onions or chopped cooked potatoes?
Then using your Hexb allowance, some french toast , minus the sugar & cinnamon, unless you syn it of course.
Some bacon, eggs, tomatoes, syn free sausages, mushrooms & mini hash browns all cooked with Frylite, making it a syn free breakfast, add some baked beans to that maybe for a weekend.

Other Syn free meals I make are Turkey & Quinoa Burgers, 500g turkey mince, 75-100g cooked quinoa ( a protein,so not a tweak, just the same as adding another meat to your turkey mince) 2 cloves garlic, some oregano, minced or finely chopped onion and mix, chill for about 30-40 mins, then using ice-cream scoop, measure out each burger, roll, press onto a non stick pan, or spray a sheet with frylite and cook 200c until burgers are white, these can then be frozen, and reheated as and when.
Every meat is syn free, but the problem comes with what to do with it, I have tried some chicken goujons, made with raw couscous, very crunchy, when cooked in oven just sprayed and served with stirfry or rice.

I think it's hard not to get repetitive, I feel the same about the fruit, ( which I have to watch too)

I meant to add, the cloud bread, it's totally syn free and goes grand as a breakfast toasted with some poached egg. I have not yet used it as a sandwich but I will post a pic on my food diary when I do.

good luck

Thanks for the suggestions :) I think I'll buy some stuff in and have cooked breakfasts on the weekend - I struggle for time in the week to cook before work (and clean pans as my partner doesn't wash up until he gets home!). I was considering doing the cooked breakfast for dinner one night as well - cuz why the hell not??

Bought a Slimming World magazine today, I'll let you know if there's any good ideas in there that we can try to mix it up a bit. Today's syns are going to be terrible but it balances over the last 3 days, so it's not so bad.

Day 3 - Wednesday

Breakfast
2 x Weetabix (HexB) and 200ml Semi Skimmed Milk (HexA)

Lunch
Salad - Tomato, Cucumber, Red Pepper, Couscous, Asda Texas BBQ Steak Chunks

Dinner
3 Heck Pork Sausages (9 syns) & Mash with Gravy (2 syns-ish)

Snacks
Half a banana (the other half dropped on the floor - very unfortunate!)
Thai Noodle Mugshot
Banana & Custard Muller Light
1 Large Caramel Snack a Jack (2.5 syns)
White Chocolate Magnum (15 syns)

Total - 28.5 syns

So it was a particularly bad day! Unfortunately we had planned to have a night in with a Magnum on a different night to Sausage & Mash so the syns would have balanced out, but y'know, life got in the way! Also I've had to estimate the gravy syns cuz I don't really understand the measurements for it. So today's aim is low syns/ free foods all the way!

Ok, busy few days so bit of a mass update today! As you'll see my weekends go a bit to pot, it's like a 5:2 Slimming World plan cuz I don't know what to eat when we're out and about doing things, so all suggestions welcome! However, I weighed myself Saturday morning and I've lost 2lbs!

Day 4 - Thursday

Breakfast
2 Weetabix & 200ml Semi Skimmed milk (hexA&B)

Lunch
Salad - Tomato, Cucumber, Red Pepper, Texan BBQ Steak Chunks

Dinner
2 x Jacket potatoes with Beans & 1 tsp Butter (2 syns)

Snacks
Thai Noodle Mug Shot
Banana & Custard Mug Shot
2 x Caramel Large Snack a Jacks (2.5 syns each)

Total = 7 syns

Day 5 - Friday

Breakfast
2 x Weetabix with 200ml Semi Skimmed Milk (HexA&B)

Lunch
Chow Mein Mug Shot - "The Big One" (think it's still syn free??)

Dinner
Salmon & Mash potato with Parsley Sauce (2 syns)

Snacks
M&S Gluten Free Tortilla Chips (Syns Unknown! Probably a lot...)
2 Large Caramel Snack a Jack (2.5syns each)
Banana & Custard Muller Light
Half a small pot Pick N Mix - (syns Unknown! Probably more than the crisps....)

Total = ??

Day 6 - Saturday

Breakfast
Had cooked breakfast out at a cafe - one fried egg, beans, chopped tomatoes, 1 rasher bacon, 1 slice wholemeal toast with butter - i don't think it's too bad overall but not sure how to syn fried egg/bacon?

Lunch
Thai Noodle Mug Shot

Dinner
Chilli Con Carne & Rice

Snacks
1 large Caramel Snack a Jack (2.5 syns)
6 Jelly Babies (6 syns)
1 small pot Toffee & Fudge ice Cream (during interval of Joseph & Technicolour Dreamcoat - syns unknown!)

Total = ??

If anyone can help with the syn values I don't know that would be much appreciated!

On that same basis, much as I do have more treats on the weekend, it's amazing how much less I eat when I'm not at work. Just goes to show it's boredom not hunger.

Day 7 - Sunday

Breakfast
60g Alpen No Added Sugar Museli (10 syns!) & 200ml Milk (HexA)

Lunch
Chicken & Sweetcorn Mug Shot

Dinner
Sunday Roast - Chicken, Mash (no milk or butter), cabbage, broccoli, carrots, 2 x Yorkshires (4 syns I think) & Gravy (2 1/2 syns (ish))

Snacks
Banana
Malteasers (9 syns)
Tortilla Chips (Rest of that bag from Friday -syns unknown)
Vanilla Muller Light

Total = At least 15 1/2 plus Tortilla Chips

What I found really helpful is doing a meal plan in advanced.
So at the weekend I sat down and planned the next 4 weeks (granted you don't need to plan for 4 weeks you could do a few days or a week), takes all the pressure off yourself to work out what you can and can't have in a day.
You just need the will power to stick to it :) Which so far I have, if i get peckish I have a fridge full of fruit and plenty of muller light yogurts but won't indulge and have more than one a day if I can help it. Keep going it will get easier. Good luck! :)

Hi Katy, yeah I do plan for the week and shop accordingly, but the weekends are hard because we tend to be out so I'm not in the house preparing a salad, I'm grabbing a sandwich from M&S or wherever instead. But still, I'm going to the gym again now so hoping that will balance out the odd indiscretion!

Day 8 - Monday

Breakfast

Lunch
Couscous with Tomato, Cucumber & BBQ Steak Chunks

Dinner
Lamb Chop & Oven Chips (5 syns)

Snacks
Banana
Mug Shot
Chocolate Snack a Jack (3 syns)
Slice of b'day cake (unmeasured, but if 28g is 5.5 syns, probably about 10 syns)

Total = 18 (ish) syns

Again, not a brilliant day cuz we hadn't been food shopping so were at the last of our reserves of healthy foods, but not too bad overall.

Day 9 - Tuesday

Breakfast

Lunch
Salad - Tomato, Cucumber, Couscous, BBQ Steak Chunks

Dinner
Lamb steak & oven chips (5 syns)

Snacks
Caramel Snack a Jack x2 (5 syns)
Chocolate Chip Snack a Jack (3 syns)
Thai Noodle Mug Shot
Strawberry Muller Light

I really need to stop eating biscuits, because once they're there I can't have just one and it's a waste of syns when you don't really feel like you've eaten much but you've had double your syn limit for the day in half an hour!

Day 10 - Wednesday

Breakfast
2 x Weetabix & 200ml Semi Skimmed Milk (noticed a pattern yet??) - HexA&B

Lunch
Salad - Tomato, Cucumber, Red Pepper, Carrot & Spring Onions with Couscous and BBQ Chicken Chunks

Dinner
Heck Chicken Sausages & Mash with Gravy (2.5syns)

Snacks
Banana
Orange & Dark Chocolate Muller Light
Mini Roll (6 syns - this was fine when it was the only thing i was planning to have!)
6 Hobnob Biscuits (30 syns)

Total = 38.5 syns

Better day yesterday, stayed within syn limits! And the bathroom scales are indicating another 2lb loss, but I'm not getting my hopes up because they are very unpredictable!

Day 11 - Thursday

Breakfast

Lunch
Salad- Tomato, Cucumber, Red Pepper, Spring Onion, Carrot, Couscous & BBQ Chicken Chunks

Dinner
Jacket Potatoes with Beans (2.5 syns for Butter)

Snacks
2 x Caramel Snack a Jacks (5 syns)
Freddo (5 syns)
Muller Light with Cherry Underlayer (1.5 syns)

Total = 14 syns

Right, bank holiday weekend... I didn't keep a food diary, but needless to say I know exactly where it could have been better - mainly if I hadn't had Cheesy Chips, Pizza & Chips & Chinese in the space of 3 days! So, back on it today! Well, except that donut I've just had.... Doomed....

Sooo, yesterday was a crap day in general so I fell back to comfort eating and basically ate a whole pack of chocolate digestives. Today is going to have to be Day 1, again....

Tuesday

Breakfast

Lunch
Salad - Tomato, Cucumber & Red Pepper with BBQ Chicken Chunks

Dinner
Salmon & Sweet Potato Mash

Snacks/Syns
Banana
Jam Donut (12.5syns)
Thai Noodle Mug Shot
Orange & Dark Choc Muller Light
Chocolate Snack a Jack (3 syns)
Around 10 chocolate digestives (40 syns)

Total = 55.5 syns (if the number of biscuits is accurate)

Must try harder today.

Back