SW and WW at the same time?

Rosemary

Hi, I was going to Slimming World but fell off the wagon about 6 weeks ago and haven't plucked up courage to go back yet. I had lost about 18 lb but I've gained back at least 8.

Now I am wondering whether to go back to the same group or start again with a different group, and also whether to go to Weight Watchers too? It would be a different day, so I'd get weighed once during the week and once at the weekend. I was thinking it might help me keep motivated. I wouldn't slip into thinking "oh well I won't be weighed for another 6 days." Obviously I would only follow one eating plan, although TBH they are so similar now WW has basically copied SW with lots of free foods, I'd probably find my SW plan would fit WW anyway.

Has anybody tried attending both?

That would be like weighing at home - no one would know, so it's not the same. Plus no awards etc. I don't think it would motivate me in the same way.
But anyway, it looks like I might be starting to work on Saturdays when the WW group is, so probably I won't do it. I will just try to focus on getting myself back to a SW group next week.

I don't go to any slimming club so not sure how it's set up but I wouldn't want to pay for 2 slimming clubs. Would SW not let u go to two meetings? Can u go to another sw class half way through ur week and just go to two SW classes

You can do that and just sit and listen, yes. You don't get weighed. I'm not sure how the consultant would react if someone did this regularly - they might not like it unless it was the same consultant doing the two groups. But theoretically it's allowed.

Back