1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Sw burgers

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Mizkirsty, 18 May 2014 Social URL.

1. Mizkirsty

Mizkirsty Well-Known Member

As it's BBQ season I'm looking for advice. My burgers are always dry! Hard to swallow dry! I use an egg tom purée I don't know what else to try any ideas? X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Leave out the egg. I find that egg in burgers makes them dry. My turkey burgers have grated courgette in them which makes them really moist.

4. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Well-Known Member

Again, I don't add egg to mine. Mine are made from just extra lean mince and a grated red onion. I add some garlic and chilli and a splash of soy sauce too, and then I make them in a little burger press. You can get them for a couple of £ on eBay, but they ensure the burgers are a consistant thickness throughout which helps them to cook evenly and stop them from going dry.

5. Mizkirsty

Mizkirsty Well-Known Member

I only added the egg thinking if would stop them drying out! So I'll make sure I don't do that again! And thanks I'll try your suggestions! X

6. beingmum

beingmum Well-Known Member

The egg binds them...other then that I just add grated onion and salt and pepper. I use one egg to about 450gr/one pack of lean mince. If I fancy a change I add some sweet chilli sauce I also do this if I don't have eggs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

7. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Well-Known Member

To be honest, you don't really need the egg. They bind just find without it. I never use egg - but maybe it's the splash of soy sauce in mine that helps them hold together? It also gives them a more meaty taste. I also think it helps that I use a burger press, as it does exactly that! Presses the meat together so that it binds and holds its shape.