SW chicken nuggets

oabaab

Hi all
I'm 7 months pregnant and following SW to maintain my weight and I am craving chicken nuggets!!

Has anybody got a low syn chicken nugget recipe?

Xx

I make them for the kids all the time :) just cut your chicken into chunks, dip in some beaten egg and roll in breadcrumbs (syn the bread and blitz in a food processor or grate it which sounds mad but does work!!!). You can flavour the crumb with anything that takes your fancy (paprika garlic granules herbs chilli) then just place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment, spritz with fry light and bung in a fairly hot oven. Turn once during cooking.

You can substitute breadcrumbs for smash mash powder. It works surprisingly well!!!

Oh fab going to have a load of them tomorrow ha :)

Legomom said:
I make them for the kids all the time :) just cut your chicken into chunks, dip in some beaten egg and roll in breadcrumbs (syn the bread and blitz in a food processor or grate it which sounds mad but does work!!!). You can flavour the crumb with anything that takes your fancy (paprika garlic granules herbs chilli) then just place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment, spritz with fry light and bung in a fairly hot oven. Turn once during cooking.

You can substitute breadcrumbs for smash mash powder. It works surprisingly well!!!

Thank you SO much for this recipe!

I'm an awful cook, so I'm getting bored of jacket potatoes. Made the smash version of these as my intro into cooking and happy to report they were lovely!!! Used paprika & peri peri seasoning to add a bit of extra spice.

Thank you xxx

Also to save on syns use dried smash with some herbs an spices, dip chicken in egg an roll it in dried smash then oven bake til golden colour.
Yummy and syn free on EE :D x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oooooo, loving the smash idea!! A must try! :D Thanks!

Hold on....ive been doing some research, and dosnt the fact youre using dry smash as a flour substitute make it synful? I might try the breadcrumb idea instead and use it as my HEB. x

l0v3child said:
Hold on....ive been doing some research, and dosnt the fact youre using dry smash as a flour substitute make it synful? I might try the breadcrumb idea instead and use it as my HEB. x

Hmm I think its only really a problem if your making cakes or snacks like crisps that are easy to overheat on. If your making the nuggets as part of a meal it's no different to having chicken and mash is it? Just eat till your full but don't OVEREAT and you'll be fine. I've avoided the smash scones as I'm not sure that's a grand idea but a few grams on a nugget or two shouldnt hurt ya!!

londongirl88 said:
I do this recipe allll the time, one of my favs, but i double dip in the egg and breadcrumbs, makes it extra crispy!!

What a good idea!

Stay awaaaay from the smash nuggets guys and gals!! My C told me today that they are a tweak and shouldnt be used unless synning. Stick to the breadcrumbs, or she told me another 'free way' of doing them is to make some cous cous up as directed...let it go cool...dip your chicken in the egg and then roll in cous cous, not a flour substitute as its made as directed :) xx

Stay awaaaay from the smash nuggets guys and gals!! My C told me today that they are a tweak and shouldnt be used unless synning. Stick to the breadcrumbs, or she told me another 'free way' of doing them is to make some cous cous up as directed...let it go cool...dip your chicken in the egg and then roll in cous cous, not a flour substitute as its made as directed :) xx

I'm really struggling to understand how using cous-cous is any different to using smash. Neither of them are being used in their intended way, so why should one be synned and the other not?

I understand the theory behind other having to syn other "tweaks", such as lasagne sheet crisps etc, but I just can't seem to fathom this one.

Princess_Stevie said:
I'm really struggling to understand how using cous-cous is any different to using smash. Neither of them are being used in their intended way, so why should one be synned and the other not?

I understand the theory behind other having to syn other "tweaks", such as lasagne sheet crisps etc, but I just can't seem to fathom this one.

Me neither... Whole point of synning tweaks is that you can easily overeat the lasagne crisps or chickpea nuts etc.... Using a small amount of smash or couscous to cost chicken is hardly overeating.... How they can say this is a tweak yet publicly endorse the smash pizza is beyond me, a lot of people could easily eat a pizza made from a full packet of smash yet would struggle to eat the smash if it was made up as directed....

My C put it like this.... smash pizza is fine because the smash is made up using the water it needs as directed, then warmed up as such in the oven...like we would a normal potato. The cous cous for the nuggets is using made up as directed, using the water before being warmed up again, its when things used in their dry form that require further hydration and used as a flour substitute that the tweak can become a problem and should be synned. Im going to follow her advice, purely because i cant risk things like this hindering me, i do enough of that on my own, lol!! xx

l0v3child said:
My C put it like this.... smash pizza is fine because the smash is made up using the water it needs as directed, then warmed up as such in the oven...like we would a normal potato. The cous cous for the nuggets is using made up as directed, using the water before being warmed up again, its when things used in their dry form that require further hydration and used as a flour substitute that the tweak can become a problem and should be synned. Im going to follow her advice, purely because i cant risk things like this hindering me, i do enough of that on my own, lol!! xx

That *really* doesn't make any sense!

l0v3child said:

But you don't make up the smash as directed for the pizza... You add water until it goes like dough which is around 150ml whereas to make smash up as directed us around 500ml.... Which makes enough potato for 3 people to have a good amount yet when it's made as pizza generally it's for one person.... Don't mean to be argumentative but this is one occasion where I think sw is wrong.... If using a couple of tablespoons for coating is a tweak then so is the pizza.

I dont make smash pizza...but girls at group do and they use the amount of water as directed on the packet because thats what the recipe on the wall at group tells them to do. If people are making smash nuggets and pizzas and still losing then fab :) i just thought id put another Cs advice and persepctive out there as it was something i wasnt sure about, so other people might not be either, no harm meant!

Back