1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

****sw crisps****

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by krystle, 27 March 2009 Social URL.

1. krystle

krystle Well-Known Member

i am making sw crisps and my flavouring(worchester sauce) is not very strong. Do utink if i steep them in the sauce that will help. Any ideas/solution welcome

by the they are hmmmmmm i was i have already done with just salt:p

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. abz

abz Well-Known Member

how do you make them?

abz xx

4. *angie*

*angie* loves food and cooking

Another request for ... how do you make them!?

5. jeanette

jeanette Well-Known Member

i would check with ur consultant before makin those crisps they might be syn'd i had found a recipe for syn free doritos using pasta sheets and when i asked at class they were syn'd which totally confused me as pasta was free

6. *angie*

*angie* loves food and cooking

I thought I was being very clever and made crisps using potatoes - is sliced em thin with a veg peeler then baked them til crisp with frylight and salt, and I was told THIS was a misuse of free food :copon: just made me laugh too much - imagine, making crisps from potatoes :confused::confused:

7. abz

abz Well-Known Member

who would have thunk it!! :D

is that how you make them then? i suppose it might be the amount of oil per weeny slice of potato as we'd usually use the same amount of oil on an entire potato...

are there any official sw crisps?

abz xx

8. krystle

i spray my microwave plate with fry lite adn then added put my mandaolin sliced pots on(no overlapping) cooking for 5-6 mins or until hard and crisps they are lush. If pots free on green how can these not be?

9. zenabob2105

zenabob2105 Well-Known Member

Q,
    when you say.... That free foods used for something else have to be synned...does this mean if i use potatos to make what i thought was syn free crips using the microwave crisp maker....theyre not??

A,
    No they're not syn-free. However, syn them and they're only 3½ syns for 28gms which should make quite a few crisps (far fewer than a bag of crisps).
    I'm a big believer in moderation in all things, so a few of anything like this is not going to have much effect on your weight, it's when you get to making loads of them and eating them in preference to 'proper' food that the problems begin.

The person who answered this question is a slimming world consultant on another forum.

Our consultant said, that if you eat them and still lose weight keep eating them, but if you eat them and your weight loss slows down or STops, it may be time to stop eating them, if that makes sense.....

10. krystle

Q,
    when you say.... That free foods used for something else have to be synned...does this mean if i use potatos to make what i thought was syn free crips using the microwave crisp maker....theyre not??

A,
    No they're not syn-free. However, syn them and they're only 3½ syns for 28gms which should make quite a few crisps (far fewer than a bag of crisps).
    I'm a big believer in moderation in all things, so a few of anything like this is not going to have much effect on your weight, it's when you get to making loads of them and eating them in preference to 'proper' food that the problems begin.

well, i didnt know that there will be no more of them for me. It still does not make sense to me it still a potato:confused::confused:

11. lauryloo

lauryloo Well-Known Member

oh dear - no more of these for me then - i made some last week and really enjoyed them!

12. abz

abz Well-Known Member

do you use any oil to make them with a crisp maker. becuase if you don't i would say that was free... although dried fruit isn't free as it doesn't fill you up as much and you are doing the same with the potato... maybe that's why...

13. zenabob2105

zenabob2105 Well-Known Member

That's it...;)

14. abz

abz Well-Known Member

i'm smart i am :p