SW Directory - Cost?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by JoRoger, 3 November 2009 Social URL.

1. JoRoger

JoRoger Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(10.9%)
    Diet:
    SW mainly green days
    Am looking to buy a directory (possibly a friend may be giving me hers from last year, but I haven't seen her for a few weeks). Anyway, whenever I look on ebay for one they seem to go for a really high price - one is even up for £29.99!! How much are they being sold for in meetings now? I think they were around £8 or something when I went 7 years ago, surely they can't be the £15+ they are going for on ebay??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    At class the book is £7.50

Irene xx

4. amm451

amm451 Do Over

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.77%)
    Diet:
    CD
    The new one will be out in January!

5. mistyme

mistyme Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What is the SW directory? Havent heard of that before, but then I am pretty new to it

6. JoRoger

JoRoger Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(10.9%)
    Diet:
    SW mainly green days
    Blimey I don't know how they can get away with selling them on there for such high prices!! I will see if I can find someone who goes and get them to get me one, I didn't realise the were that relatively inexpensive - there was me thinking they were over £12 or something like that! doh!

7. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Mistyme - it's a directory of syn values of over 35000 basic and branded products and Irene is quite right, they are £7.50.

The directory is also known as "my SW bible"!!

8. JoRoger

JoRoger Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(10.9%)
    Diet:
    SW mainly green days
    That is what I was going to say - it is the SW Bible!! Although you can get a lot of information from here, the SW website and magazines, really it is worth the money to get the book. It will open up a whole new dimension to your eating plan as you will see that there are so many, many things that you can eat that you wouldn't have thought you could. It is pretty much a must-have but unfortunately the only place you can get them is in class - if you know anyone who goes to the classes perhaps they could get one for you, if not keep checking on ebay for a cheap one but remember to get the most up to date one.

9. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    You can get them on Ebay and Amazon - but be prepared to pay higher prices for them.......

10. mistyme

mistyme Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    God, Im finding out more and more, there has been no mention of that in my class, but it is always a bit haphazard anyway, most of my info has come from here, what is the name of it, the SW directory? Cos I can ask about it on Thursday

11. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

They don't normally have them in class, your consultant will order you one but there should be a "class copy" on your info table at group.

12. JoRoger

JoRoger Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(10.9%)
    Diet:
    SW mainly green days
    We always used to have a few copies for new members to buy in the 'shop' bit of the class - I would have thought your leader would have said something about it as its a pretty essential item, I know most things revolve around the internet now but it is still a lot easier to look through than trawling through the syns online database, plus as I said you can find a lot of surprises in there, and experiment with different shops.

13. JoRoger

JoRoger Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(10.9%)
    Diet:
    SW mainly green days
    Also, I would have thought that you would have been able to buy them from the magazine or website, but SW is a lot more class-based than WW or others are.

14. mistyme

mistyme Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for the info, Im sure Ill get hold of it by one method or the other xx

15. JoRoger

JoRoger Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(10.9%)
    Diet:
    SW mainly green days
    You could always make a homemade version, like I have, I've gone through the whole 'free foods' list on the website, and just made a note of the things that I like, am now in the process of typing it up neatly to put in my new notebook. I've also done lots of lists of the various things that we eat throughout a normal week, plus things I grab on the run. Doing it this way may well seem immensely nerdy, which I can be when it comes to organisation, but I do find writing things down really helps me to remember things a lot better, plus a small A5 notebook fits in your handbag a lot easier when it comes to food shopping.

16. miss jelly tot

miss jelly tot CWP Consultant

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Diet:
    CWP
    I sold mine last week on ebay after moving to another diet. I expected about £5 for it as obviously it was used. At the last minute it went for £18.15! Including P&P. I was amazed. I have no idea why people pay that much, not that im complaining. :rolleyes: Surely it makes more sense to join a group :confused:

17. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    A lot of people cant get to groups, or (like me) hate the whole group thing and ebay is the only option. I know its been discussed before but I really think SW are missing a trick not selling them online

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. mistyme

mistyme Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    SW directory

I asked about the directory at class last night, but my consulant poo pooed the idea, and said it wasnt worth the money cos you could check online for free, shes assuming everyone has access to website, there are a lot of older ones in my class and they cant even switch on a computer, I didnt want to push the issue so just left it, Im lucky cos I have this site and SW online. If theres a new one out in Jan I might leave it to then and order if from website.

20. JoRoger

JoRoger Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(10.9%)
    Diet:
    SW mainly green days
    You can't order it from online though can you? I don't understand why your c says they are a waste of time, they're great!

21. mistyme

mistyme Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I dont think my consultant is that experienced, our group is her first, most of the information Ive learned has been from here, so thank you all very much. I dont particularly like my class but attend cos it is part of the process. Its always really haphazard and disorganised and if like me you go on your own it can be very intimidating. Maybe it will get better as time goes on, I thought I read that somewhere, maybe Im wrong, might check out the website again, thanks xx

22. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

She's crazy - she will get commission on any books she sells! She has a lot to learn hun. x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.