1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g/1.1 lb lamb mince

Method:
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F

In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.

Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.

Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray.

Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.

Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.

Slice the donor kebab as thinly as possible and serve with pitta, salad and sauces!!!

Well as far as I can tell, as long as your mince is extra lean, you only have 1 syn for a teaspoon of flour.

Liz
X

Thank you - I made with regular lamb mince instead of extra lean as that was all I could find, so had to count 25 syns for the meat! :eek: Was well worth the syns for a very yummy kebab though! On the hunt for extra lean lamb mince now so I can scoff my face with this as often as I want to! :D

Thank you - I made with regular lamb mince instead of extra lean as that was all I could find, so had to count 25 syns for the meat! :eek: Was well worth the syns for a very yummy kebab though! On the hunt for extra lean lamb mince now so I can scoff my face with this as often as I want to! :D

i made it using extra lean beef mince and was yummy. i also left out the flour,so syn free.

sorry but you wont find any extra lean lamb mince. only lean
go with this instead.

Lamb, mince, less than 16% fat , 100g raw

i made it using extra lean beef mince and was yummy. i also left out the flour,so syn free.

sorry but you wont find any extra lean lamb mince. only lean
go with this instead.

Lamb, mince, less than 16% fat , 100g raw22

A few people have said it's just as nice with extra lean beef mince so will try that for next time :) Thanks! x

Back