SW fish & chips

Hi everyone,
Has anyone made the low syn fish & chips? I'm going tk treat myself tomorrow and make it.....slightly worried about the breadcrumbs.
I don't have a food professor to blend the crumbs, could I use pre packed breadcrumbs from the supermarket or could I just crush up some toast?! :S
Thanks in advance!

Try leaving the bread out before for a little while to make it go 'stale' and heard....the breadcrumbs will be easier to make using yours hands. I don't think toast would work and as for the supermarket ready....I would be careful of additives etc!

cook the bread in a microwave to go crisp, break into large pieces then put into a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush to breadcrumb size!

Before I had a food processor I'd just crumble it up with my hands and then leave it out overnight, or if youre strapped for time put it in the oven for a few minutes to dry out. (Keep an eye on it though, it burns very fast!) Then once it's dried crumble it up a bit finer.

Pete and Erms are our resident Cheffards so listen to everything they say!!

ah, brilliant thanks for all of the replies, much appreciated! :)

It's amazing elarning all of these new tips and making things from scratch instead of buying from the takeaway/supermarket and not knowing what you're really eating! :)

Back