SW Frozen Meals - Chicken Tikka Masala Curry

lt52

Silver Member
In my efforts to continue trying out most of these frozen meals - next on the list was one i was desperate to try the Chicken Tikka Curry!

I have to say i loved it - as you can see from the pictures it was heavily sauce based even filling my plate! I already had heard it was quite big on sauce so one slight negative would be to have more vegetables in it. I had some HEB Bread with mine to try and make me think it was a Naan bread - that didn't work lol. I would have liked it to have more chicken too but that's always the case isn't it.

It was really nice, quite a spice to it as well so very tasty. Much better than the Weight watchers one i've been having and syning so i am quite happy. Next time i'll cook rice and avoid the 'naan' but i am quite impressed - my favourite so far and waaaay better than any calorific ones i remember having pre slimming world days!

Lee

DSC_0003.JPG DSC_0002.JPG

I've been waiting for a review on this one, it's one I do want to try.

What was the heat level like? I like a bit of a kick to my curries.

I've been waiting for a review on this one, it's one I do want to try.

What was the heat level like? I like a bit of a kick to my curries.

Glad i've done it then, i head someone else saying it was really nice too.
For me the heat was a little too much but i am a bit of a whimp sometimes with heat - so you would probably like it, im guessing. What was really nice for me is the taste of the heat - it wasn't hot it was tasteful and hot if that makes sense. For me, it need something just a plate of that is quite boring, i love me naan bread but a b option bread didn't do it for me. Next time i'll do rice but not sure if that will be what i'm looking for. I will defo try it again for sure and i think out of all of them i've tried this is probably the only one i will defo do again.

Glad i've done it then, i head someone else saying it was really nice too.
For me the heat was a little too much but i am a bit of a whimp sometimes with heat - so you would probably like it, im guessing. What was really nice for me is the taste of the heat - it wasn't hot it was tasteful and hot if that makes sense. For me, it need something just a plate of thuat is quite boring, i love me naan bread but a b option bread didn't do it for me. Next time i'll do rice but not sure if that will be what i'm looking for. I will defo try it again for sure and i think out of all of them i've tried this is probably the only one i will defo do again.

You could buy chapatti/ roti/ naan and syn them? Although, you're right - normal bread doesn't hit the spot with curry. This looks more like the type of curry I would have. Fortunately, I have never had cream and butter in my curries. If you wanted it spicier, you could always add chopped, fresh, green chillies to the dish, or have it with some spicy rice.

I also enjoyed this one the sauce was lovely and had a lil kick to it x

I have left a review somewhere on the forum but I've lost track of which thread as there are quite a few now on the new SW range.
I liked it, I also thought it had a good spice flavour, not too hot, though that's really going to vary from person to person! I had half the portion, added rice and then I made a veggie bhaji side dish to go with it. Personally I couldn't have just eaten the whole lot on its own, too samey for me and far to much sauce. Next time, I would just add some extra veg to it, maybe some mushrooms and spinach...
Still prefer my own homemade curry but I would have it again if time was short

image.jpg

Last edited:
I have left a review somewhere on the forum but I've lost track of which thread as there are quite a few now on the new SW range.
I liked it, I also thought it had a good spice flavour, not too hot, though that's really going to vary from person to person! I had half the portion, added rice and then I made a veggie bhaji side dish to go with it. Personally I couldn't have just eaten the whole lot on its own, too samey for me and far to much sauce. Next time, I would just add some extra veg to it, maybe some mushrooms and spinach...
Still prefer my own homemade curry but I would have it again if time was short

View attachment 168016

Good thinking, i could have made an SW friendly onion Bahji if i had decent skills in the kitchen lol.
I kind of had to have it all as i'm the only curry eater in the house, even the smell puts off others! I wouldn't have it again on its on own - i would do something with it. For me, syn free - perfect as i could syn a naan bread if i wanted to.

You could buy chapatti/ roti/ naan and syn them? Although, you're right - normal bread doesn't hit the spot with curry. This looks more like the type of curry I would have. Fortunately, I have never had cream and butter in my curries. If you wanted it spicier, you could always add chopped, fresh, green chillies to the dish, or have it with some spicy rice.

Yeah i could have done, but i was already a little high on syns as my sister came for tea and we ended up having a little chocolatey treat. I am also quite bad if i have too much bread so i'm trying to not have it all the time.
You'll have to try and let us know what you think!

Lee

Lee, since you're in cooking mode, there's a lovely recipe for Cauliflower Garlic Flatbread on the Slimming Eats website - if you leave out the cheese (with the intention of having it with a curry) it's only one syn per serving, however I think if you leave the cheese out you may have to add a bit more flour so it could be two syns then, but probably still worth a try! I'd post the link but I have a funny feeling that's not allowed :)

Lee, since you're in cooking mode, there's a lovely recipe for Cauliflower Garlic Flatbread on the Slimming Eats website - if you leave out the cheese (with the intention of having it with a curry) it's only one syn per serving, however I think if you leave the cheese out you may have to add a bit more flour so it could be two syns then, but probably still worth a try! I'd post the link but I have a funny feeling that's not allowed :)

Oooooo how interesting - now i don't like Cauliflower that much so as long as it doesn't quite taste the same i should cope i reckon. I was thinking of being a rebel and making something with Smash - ooo do i spy a tweak lol whoopsie

Wash your mouth out for mentioning the T word! Do let us know how you get on if you try the cauli flatbread, I like it but haven't tried making it without the cheese...

Wash your mouth out for mentioning the T word! Do let us know how you get on if you try the cauli flatbread, I like it but haven't tried making it without the cheese...

Oooo i love being a rebel.... dare i say i have done the T word a few times lol

I was going to get one and try it but i have to say it doesnt look particularly appetising.. almost like a tomato cuppa soup over chicken...
i think i will stick to making my own :)

I was going to get one and try it but i have to say it doesnt look particularly appetising.. almost like a tomato cuppa soup over chicken...
i think i will stick to making my own :)

If you can make your own go for it lol. It tastes better than it looks i swear lol.

lol i shall totally take your word for it :)
I love to cook from scratch x

If i could cook from scratch i would - but nothing ever comes out as it should or even half like what it should lol

Cooking is like alchemy .

You must measure and weigh. I sure you aren't that bad.

Cooking is like alchemy .

You must measure and weigh. I sure you aren't that bad.

Oh yes i am lol, its burn, broken, sloppy, hard, crispy or crunchy (when not meant to be of course) and even when it is ok - it doesn't taste that appetising lol

Lol

It's not burnt its 'well done' and it's not raw, it's 'al dente' lmao

Back