SW Frozen Meals - Singapore Noodles

lt52

Silver Member
Ok so this was my most anticipated and most exciting and most to look forward to out of all of the slimming world meals. Its been out of stock in every iceland i've been to - so i was really happy to find it!

I wasn't let down, but i wasn't reaching for the roof either. I found it to be more like a thai dish than a chinese or Curry based dish as it says on the front. I would have it again easily i think. I did enjoy it and it was far better than anything i can cook lol!

Would i like more protein - yeah, would i want more noodles - yeah, could i have done with less peas - yeah, would it have been better if the sauce wasn't as watery - yeah, would the chicken have been better in chunks - yeah, but overall it won't be perfect its a healthy frozen meal.

What i also liked was this was one that i didn't need to add to it. I find it a bit cheeky to buy a curry for £3 and have to cook my own rice lol. Guess that's just me being a bit stingy lol.

Anyone else tried this?

Lee

DSC_0001.JPG

Looking at it, I'd want way more noodles than that! perhaps that's why I'm overweight? maybe that is what a portion should look like? I probably have far too big portions!

I was looking forward to this one but I didn't really fall in love with it! Didn't like the watery sauce yet again and found the texture a bit odd on my chicken........I think I'm just turning into a fussy eater!
Think I would have a go at the recipe though and try and thicken it up,add more noodles and use tidy chicken breast,lots of fresh peppers and onions etc because I think it could be such a great,filling meal.
like you said before though,they are handy for you to keep in if nobody else at home likes the curry type meals.although you could have a go at making it from scratch and freeze it in portions.would work out cheaper in the long run x

Looking at it, I'd want way more noodles than that! perhaps that's why I'm overweight? maybe that is what a portion should look like? I probably have far too big portions!

LMAO - well when i do noodles and pasta things i have WAAAAAAY more than that lol. I think it is a little skimpy i reckon as well as a few tiddly thin strips of chicken and five prawns lol. I seem to manage to loose weight having bigger portions so its ok in my eyes - i wouldn't worry. As per convenience and my cooking skills - it will do as a few ones offs lol

Back