SW Hairbo Style Jelly Sweets

lt52

Silver Member
I am really gutted that these didn't turn out the way i wanted them too!

I've seen them before but never really understood what to do, i saw a Youtube Video and tried to follow it.

Basically its jelly with little water and gelatine, set, use the remaining with a vanilla muller light and poor on top - set. But my mine haven't set together well and slipt apart and didn't come out of the mould properly. I couldn't get hold of a smaller ice cube type one which might have worked better. These might be two big. But you could easily make 15 smaller ones and i ended up with almost 7ish big things and only 1.5 syns for the lot.

Personally, they taste alright, bit different not quite like a haribo of course - but nothing ever will, let's be honest! I could easily make harder setting jelly (as the first step, leave it at that) and not miss out on anything really.

Anyone else tried these?

Lee
DSC_0001.jpg DSC_0002.jpg

I have tried these and have found that extra gelatine is absolutely necessary.

Unfortunately, I found out AFTER emptying the sachet into the jug that it should be added to the liquid.

Lakeland have a special set for making jelly sweets which have moulds such as teddy bears etc.
I may get one of these at some point to make the sweets on a large scale :)

have never seen nor heard of these before.....genius!

I have tried these and have found that extra gelatine is absolutely necessary.

Unfortunately, I found out AFTER emptying the sachet into the jug that it should be added to the liquid.

Lakeland have a special set for making jelly sweets which have moulds such as teddy bears etc.
I may get one of these at some point to make the sweets on a large scale :)

They were a good hit with my sister, which was brilliant - even though they look like wobbly jelly slop! I defo need to find a proper smaller tray to use. I've got a plastic ice tray but tried making things in it before and getting stuck as its bendy but not silicone.
Keep me posted if you find it any easier

I use a silicone square cake tin and pour the mixture into that and then cut into squares when set, i add extra gelatine and i tend to bulk buy it from ebay as it works out a lot cheaper than the sachets xx

I use a silicone square cake tin and pour the mixture into that and then cut into squares when set, i add extra gelatine and i tend to bulk buy it from ebay as it works out a lot cheaper than the sachets xx

Ah! Good thinking! i guess i'm just lazy and not wanting to cut up a big block so to speak lol. More gelatine might work too - they did split and the two parts not stick so could help out
Thanks!

UPDATE!

Ok - attempt number 2!

I added extra gelatine as per my advice givers out there. Still wasn't able to get hold of a different mould yet - gutted i still can't find one quick and cheapish. I used the same and an ice cube tray. They came out much easier and although some hadn't quite stuck together or missed the extra little wingy bits. Actually they weren't that bad - much improved - if i'm honest i preferred them with the first attempt - these simply tasted of pure jelly cubes. Last time it wasn't quite that much.

I think they need to be smaller to get a better effect - at least the shape was better and hopefully with a better mould they would be better too.

Lee

DSC_0001.JPG

Ooh would like to try these. Can u post instructions how to make them?x

Ooh would like to try these. Can u post instructions how to make them?x

Yeah sure. There is a youtube video that might explain it better than i can lol.

One sachet of sugarfree jelly and either one or two sachets of powdered gelatine (i find leaf gelatine or the sheets harder to work with). I played around with one or two sachets of it. I think i preferred it with one. Two it sometimes tastes like actual jelly cubes.
Mix those in 200-250ml of boiling water. Then add that to a jelly/ice cube mould - square and silicone is probably the only ones that work well (as you can tell from my mess lol). Pour it to about 3/4 of the way up and you will or should have some of the mix left - SAVE IT! Put them in the fridge and they should be set in about 20-30 minutes. Then add a muller light or other syn free yoghurt to the rest of the jelly/gelatine mix you had left over. Its goes a bit creamy and add it to the top of the 3/4 set jelly and let it set. Pop it out and its 1.5 syns for the lot - depending on your jelly choice.

Hope that is ok!

Lee

Have you look in Poundland or .99p store for silicone moulds?

Yeah i got a very small bunny one for easter its not big enough to do these in. Otherwise i never found any

I made these a few weeks back. Just tasted like jelly to me. My 2 year old son loved them though! Made SW chocolate brownies last night. They taste quite good!

I made these a few weeks back. Just tasted like jelly to me. My 2 year old son loved them though! Made SW chocolate brownies last night. They taste quite good!

I agree its true just like jelly, they are interesting but a lot of hassle. Yeah i reckon i could live on synning an actual haribo and enjoy it more. I'm sure they are only 1/2 syn each aren't they.

I agree its true just like jelly, they are interesting but a lot of hassle. Yeah i reckon i could live on synning an actual haribo and enjoy it more. I'm sure they are only 1/2 syn each aren't they.
Not sure of haribo syns, I'd imagine them to be quite high. The brownies are 1/2 a syn. Took them for my groups taster session and they all loved them!

Not sure of haribo syns, I'd imagine them to be quite high. The brownies are 1/2 a syn. Took them for my groups taster session and they all loved them!

I'm pretty sure they are 1/2 syn each and the 10p small bags are 3.5syns and the bigger ones from multipacks are 5.5 syns. But i am not sure of that at all. Reckon i shall have to check.
I tried the brownies and really didn't like them - something missing, didn't even get the cravings to go for me. Could just be my baking tho!!!

I have checked and the Haribos that are from the bigger packs are 0.5 syns each.
The other ones that come out of the smaller packs are different, i've read 5 syns but thats from an old post on the medium sized bags (from the multipacks)
3.5 syns for the smallest ones (10p ones with like 5 small things in) again from an old post this could have changed.

I have checked and the Haribos that are from the bigger packs are 0.5 syns each. The other ones that come out of the smaller packs are different, i've read 5 syns but thats from an old post on the medium sized bags (from the multipacks) 3.5 syns for the smallest ones (10p ones with like 5 small things in) again from an old post this could have changed.

0.5 a syn each isn't too bad. I can't stop at a few haribo though. I'd eat the whole bag!

0.5 a syn each isn't too bad. I can't stop at a few haribo though. I'd eat the whole bag!

Yeah they aren't bad but i know what you mean, it takes a lot to put the bag down! lol

Back