SW must have books?

Trash

Still fighting
Hi

I thought i'd already posted this but cant find it .......

I've got a starter pack from a friend at work its last years but she said that is fine! What other books do you recommend i get - i was thinking the food directory ?? And maybe a extra easy recipe book!

I'd say you don't really need any books. As long as you have the food optimising pack and access to minimins - you'll never be short of recipes and ideas!

In my experience most of the recipes from the books need some major tweaking.... Have eaten lots of very bland dishes.

There's a sticky in the recipes forum called Petes recipe book.....amaaaaaaazing recipes so Yummy.

Most of my favourites have come from here or concoctions of my own.

And I used to have directory and hardly ever used it. This site is the best resource without doubt.

Last edited:
clairebrookes said:
In my experience most of the recipes from the books need some major tweaking.... Have eaten lots of very bland dishes.

There's a sticky in the recipes forum called Petes recipe book.....amaaaaaaazing recipes so Yummy.

Most of my favourites have come from here or concoctions of my own.

And I used to have directory and hardly ever used it. This site is the best resource without doubt.

Couldn't agree more, some of the recipes are really bad! :yuk:

You should out Slimmimg Eats (google it) fab website full of SW recipes! :)

They also tend to be full of pointless steps.... Chicken curry where you grill the chicken first then do the veg separate to the sauce.... Just bung it all one pan and be done with it.... I also had a nosy through the 30 minute meals book in group.... How many people honestly need a step by step recipe for steak and chips???

As you can see I have issues with SW books....

Agree a lot of the slimming world recipes are a bit long winded. I much prefer getting recipes off here where everything is written by normal people and is in simple quick steps!! And normal ingredients too some of the sw recipes have soooo many ingredients

It's best to get the magazine there's always loads of recipes and a weekly diet plan to give you an idea of how to put your menus together

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back