SW must haves!

KoKo88

Silver Member
I start SW Weds due to having to come off CWP because I need a small operation. I don't want to undo all my hard work!

I'm doing an online shop this evening but have no idea what I NEED to get through the first week - any tips?

Ta!

Hey Hun
You've done amazing well done. Here is a list of the must have items.

Frylight
Fruit/vegetables
Meat/fish
low syn treats
eggs
bread which is a HEB
herbs and spices
syn free yogurts such as Mullerlight
Salad
Hope it helps xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-4275149837.jpg
    image-4275149837.jpg
    499.5 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Hey Hun
You've done amazing well done. Here is a list of the must have items.

Frylight
Fruit/vegetables
Meat/fish
low syn treats
eggs
bread which is a HEB
herbs and spices
syn free yogurts such as Mullerlight
Salad
Hope it helps xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just adding to this!

pasta/rice.
passata! Tinned toms, tomato purée.
Make sure the bread/buns are wholemeal, it's 2 slices from a 400g loaf, 1 slice from an 800 g loaf or 60g roll.
Any milk/cheese you will want for healthy extras.

Thanks ladies! Struggling so far but I'm sure once I know what I'm doing it will be a lot easier!

I would recommend buying the magazine as well -there is a shopping list in there plus lots of recipe ideas and the basics of the plan!

hope you are ok.

xx

I would also add that it makes it so much easier if you do a meal planner before you shop. We usually do one for and weeks worth of teas and write down all the ingredients we need for these then add anything on such as:

Food for lunches, Salad, new pots, jackets, etc
low fat cheese,
fat free yogurts / cottage cheese
snacks such as low syn crisp (french fries, Quavers),
alpen bars,
eggs,
Sweetner,
Fruit,
tins such as tuna, sardines, beans, toms.

Some of these have probably already been mentioned but this is what I have on my list all the time so didn't want to miss anything just in case :)

It stops us just buying a load of food and then not knowing what to do with it and its saved us money / throwing things away as we only buy what we need for that week and all the fresh stuff gets used up.
Also check what you want to use for your HEXB, nothing worse than buying a big box of cereal thinking you can have it then realising you have to syn it!!

Good luck with SW and you op.

I've done my first shop - I think I got everything. I've done a meal planner, bought lots of fresh bits and ordered snack a jacks as a little something for my syns.

First meeting tonight!

Back