SW pancakes! These ones actually taste good lol!

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
Serves 1 as an HEB

BBA7E96C-CB06-4F33-8C6C-CA0119238077-3462-000004410509E4B7.jpg

Ingredients

35g rolled oats
2 heaped tbsp plain cottage cheese
1 egg
2 tbsp water or semi skimmed milk (part HEA or syns, up to you)
1 tsp sweetener
1 scant tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Tiny pinch of salt

Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth

Pour small amounts on a preheated pancake griddle sprayed with spray oil. Cook for about 3 - 4 minutes on each side on a medium to low heat.

318FE709-6619-4E29-ADAE-D19419BDC295-3462-000004410A67ED92.jpg

This batter made 5 pancakes! Filling and delicious served with some golden or maple syrup and fresh fruit. It tastes oaty but in a good way, I really like it and I'm so excited to have found a SW friendly pancake recipe that tastes GOOD!

Oh Honey your good looks so incredible delicious as always! I wish we had a Wholefoods in Ireland, it looks amazing. I could easily spend hours walking around there. My fascination is food markets. Have you been to the one in Leeds? I've been to Leeds three times now with the boyfriend as it's his football team of choice and we LOVE the food market there. Like you I just took a million pictures. OH loves the butcher stands. Anything to do with raw red meat and he's like a cave-man, I swear he loves it!

These look delicious! I tried the mullerlight overnight pancakes and whilst they were okay, these look amazing! I will definitely be trying!

These really do look great and I love the description of them as tasty like "hobnob-y pancakes" on your diary! Do you think as everything gets blended up you could get away with using greek yogurt rather than cottage cheese? I really fancy trying these tomorrow but there is no-one I intend to set foot in a food shop until after the christmas madness has subsided...

Are these easier than the muller ones to flip over as I keep having failures with that recipe

Hey Atomic! Try with Greek yogurt and let me know how it goes. Should be yum!

Bc201 I've never tried the muller pancakes so can't compare. However the ease of flipping is more to do with the quality of your pancake griddle than the mix. Make sure to use a good quality, heavy based, non stick pan.

The pan is great with normal pancake but muller ones are very brittle so the go every shape size and form although their taste are fine

The pan is great with normal pancake but muller ones are very brittle so the go every shape size and form although their taste are fine

I didn't have any problems at all with these, they flipped just like regular pancakes. Let us know how it turns out!

Back