SW Roasties?!

xTxJxCx

Hi all, I was just wondering if someone would be ale to tell me how to make super SW roast potatoes?! Sorry its a new tread but I'm on my phone using the app, tried searching and couldn't find an actual recipe!

Thank you :)

Gem

xxx

I just peel the potatoes and parboil them until they are just soft on the outside, then I let them drain and dry a little, shake up the pan to make the outsides fluff up. Then I put them into a roasting tray and spray each one generously with fry light. I put them in a hot oven, about 200 degrees, for about 40 minutes or until they're golden and crispy. Sometimes I turn them and respray them half way through, sometimes I can't be bothered!! Delicious either way though.
Liz
X

I just peel the potatoes and parboil them until they are just soft on the outside, then I let them drain and dry a little, shake up the pan to make the outsides fluff up. Then I put them into a roasting tray and spray each one generously with fry light. I put them in a hot oven, about 200 degrees, for about 40 minutes or until they're golden and crispy. Sometimes I turn them and respray them half way through, sometimes I can't be bothered!! Delicious either way though.
Liz
X

Yep that's how I do them too. Sometimes I sprinkle with rosemary or salt and pepper depending what im doing them with. Or nice when you cut potatoes into cubes with the skin on and sprinkled with curry powder, spray with frylight and bake in a hot oven until golden, nice side dish with a fakeaway Indian, you can add softened onions with tinned tomatoes to the cubes to for a saucy side too.

Thank you both of you! I assumed it would be the same as the chips wedges etc, but just wanted to check there was no magic added extra! :) xxx

Hi. I've tried them by par-boiling first and not par-boiling at all and both seem to work well. If you don't par-boil just cook for about ten minutes longer - usually about 50 mins on Gas mk 7. If I want them really crunchy I cut them a bit smaller than usual. Enjoy!

Cut into chunks then chuck into the microwave for about 5 mins, put in a roasting tray, spray with frylight and sprinkle with a bit of celery salt I also add one onion chopped into about 8, adds a nice flavour to them :).

Thank you!! Having them today with my roast dinner, mouths watering already! Hehe! xxx

Liz
X

Same as this, I season mine with some season all xxx

For a different take on roasties try par boiling until soft on the outside and put in a ovenproof dish with some stock (I use vegetable but you can use any depending on what you are having with them) Make sure the stock comes up to about half of the dish so that the top half of the potatoes are uncovered. Spray the tops with fry light and bake for around 40 minutes. The potatoes absorb the stock during cooking and are crispy on the outside but soft and moist inside. They are delicious.

For a different take on roasties try par boiling until soft on the outside and put in a ovenproof dish with some stock (I use vegetable but you can use any depending on what you are having with them) Make sure the stock comes up to about half of the dish so that the top half of the potatoes are uncovered. Spray the tops with fry light and bake for around 40 minutes. The potatoes absorb the stock during cooking and are crispy on the outside but soft and moist inside. They are delicious.

Ooh, thank you JackJane, will try these next time :) xx

i have brought a tefal actifry and its fantastic!! it does slimming world chips lovely! i have dont crispy roast potatoes in it too, i use fry light or filippo berio's mild and light spray....( half a syn for 7 sprays i think?) i have also put garlic cloves in before and thats was nice. they are expensive but i got my second hand used twice for £50 but i wouldnt be without it, it saves time and my gas cooker! it runs off the electric and is cheaper to put on than your oven. i find chips take forever in my oven! i can do a nice batch in 25mins for 2 people. anyway just thought i would share.... happy roasting ;o)[h=1][/h]

i have brought a tefal actifry and its fantastic!! it does slimming world chips lovely! i have dont crispy roast potatoes in it too, i use fry light or filippo berio's mild and light spray....( half a syn for 7 sprays i think?) i have also put garlic cloves in before and thats was nice. they are expensive but i got my second hand used twice for £50 but i wouldnt be without it, it saves time and my gas cooker! it runs off the electric and is cheaper to put on than your oven. i find chips take forever in my oven! i can do a nice batch in 25mins for 2 people. anyway just thought i would share.... happy roasting ;o)[h=1][/h]

Sounds great!! I might have to look into getting on of these! :) xxx

Back