SW Smash Cripsy/Breaded Chicken

lt52

Silver Member
Ok so controversial thread number 2...

Smash Crispy Breaded style chicken..... I tried and i really liked......
I did a full breast and strips to try it all - i think i prefer the strips - hopefully the pictures loads...

For those out there who don't like the tweaking that might be going on, its five syns i reckon, which is a lot less than a Birds Eye Crispy Chicken Breast... or syn free if you don't mind the tweaks. I will do it again i think and as already have ideas for a meal for it.... i'm thinking a syn free tomato based relish, yum!

ok... so.... go.... Debate! lol

Lee

DSC_0139 (1).jpg DSC_0141.JPG

I saw this on instagm, had it last Sat night with SW chips and salad - but then I felt guilty and synned the smash anyway lol I don't think I could eat them and just ignore the syns in the smash but they were lovely and I will have them again!

Ok...not controversial as such but have you ever tried dunking your chicken in mayo and then into rice crispies? Then cook in the oven. Delicious but obviously synned...boooo!

i saw it on a cookery program once.

Wow, strange combination but i can see it working. I don't like mayo so im scuppered there

I saw this on instagm, had it last Sat night with SW chips and salad - but then I felt guilty and synned the smash anyway lol I don't think I could eat them and just ignore the syns in the smash but they were lovely and I will have them again!

I don't know i enjoyed them too.... i wouldn't feel guilty i reckon i used about 5 syns worth so not too much

I like your style! You are a tweak rebel! :D Must be because you're from Notts...me too!
I say if you are happy with your losses then what's the harm. You have some great ideas.

I like your style! You are a tweak rebel! :D Must be because you're from Notts...me too!
I say if you are happy with your losses then what's the harm. You have some great ideas.

Aww thank you - i am being a little tweaker this week. I say try it, why not. If it works fab, if not, don't do it simple. I'm on like 2 syns so far today so an extra 5 that i either count or don't count doesn't make any issues for me.....
A fellow Notts gal too, how lucky and small world!

they look delicious.

:)

they look delicious.

:)

They were but i messed up and didn't put any spices in, which would have helped and made it taste maybe a little more like KFC... maybe ....

maybe try some chinese 5 spice in there.

maybe try some chinese 5 spice in there.

Yeah and the basics like pepper lol, i was just waaaay too excited about some cripsy ish chicken lol. Cajun spice is good and just normal-ish herbs lol

How did use make these just cover your chicken in smash an oven bake? Makes me hungry just looking at the pic you know you want to be a kid again an just have :-/w chipped an beans or spaghetti hoops lol

Awwwwwww I LOVE sketti hoops!

You just coat your chicken in egg and then in smash and whatever herbs and spices mixes you want (you can get a southern fried one) then oven bake.... Keep turning tho is my tip

Gonna give these a try yummy comfort food the things you can do with smash lol

Oooo fab wicked - enjoy and post us pics and let me know how you got on

Go for it, I think I may need to have another go soon, they were surprisingly nice, quite good considering

They were but i messed up and didn't put any spices in, which would have helped and made it taste maybe a little more like KFC... maybe ....

Celery salt is the key to a good spice mix for chicken. It's basically the ingredient that makes southern fried chicken so good. That, black pepper and smoked paprika make a lovely spice mix.

Celery salt is the key to a good spice mix for chicken. It's basically the ingredient that makes southern fried chicken so good. That, black pepper and smoked paprika make a lovely spice mix.

Oooo nice tips thank you! I shall remember this when i do it again

Back