SW to WW - Is it worth it?

EmilyBee88

Hi all!

I have followed Slimming World on and off since having my son in 2009 and reached target a couple of years ago. I have always fell back on it if I felt that I needed to rein myself in.

Now I've put on around 5lbs over my target weight and no matter how hard I try, I just can't get my mojo back and now I'm thinking of joining Weight Watchers online but I'm in two minds.

How does it work? Will I struggle with it? Help! xx

Hi,

WW works by giving all foods a points value. You have a daily points allowance, and can eat whatever food you like within that allowance. So if you want to live off cake you can! I think you also get some extra weekly points to spend on the unexpected, a meal out, a few drinks on a Friday etc.

It does encourage you to eat the good stuff, but it works well if you want the occasional treat.

I tried old style WW 14 years ago and lost 7 stone. So it does work. TBH though now we have the internet, I think its much easier to just CC. Its the same principle - eat what you want within your calories.

If you like the support of a class, WW is probably better for you than CC. But in answer to your original question it does work!

I switched from sw to ww, the first 6 weeks lost half a stone got my 5 %, went on hol put 5 on and lost that. However now struggling been maintaining for a few weeks but it is a good plan especially if you like bread as it is easy to plan in good luck xx

Hi all!

I have followed Slimming World on and off since having my son in 2009 and reached target a couple of years ago. I have always fell back on it if I felt that I needed to rein myself in.

Now I've put on around 5lbs over my target weight and no matter how hard I try, I just can't get my mojo back and now I'm thinking of joining Weight Watchers online but I'm in two minds.

How does it work? Will I struggle with it? Help! xx

It does work, but it has to work for your lifestyle etc...

For me, even with "all I could eat free food" I found SW too restrictive in the sense if you eat or drink anything other than the free food, you were off the wagon. Nights out or big family meals felt like I had messed up my whole week because I had completely blown my 5 a day syn allowance. (It was like 4 syns in ONE VODKA) Also, I had to make all meals from scratch and it was impossible to have a 'non organised day' (hard when working two jobs). Tad more expensive eating like that too.

I prefer the flexibility of WW. You get a daily allowance, then a weekly allowance and its completely up to you how you use these points.
No lunch or haven't got the time to cook today? Grab a sandwich/subway/café lunch/ready meal (anything!) and point it. If I have a night out planned, I can cut back and plan for it using the 'extra weekly points' I also like the fact I have to be accountable for everything. Everything (apart from veg and fruit) has a Smart Point - just like everything has a calorie - it doesn't seem sensible to me to make foods such as meat/eggs/pasta "unlimited" - it triggered binge eating behaviours in me and I was unable to master portion control - with WW I can and now I am loosing weight.

That being said, SW have an army of followers who swear by the plan - it just didn't suit my lifestyle or behaviour.

Why don't you have a look on Instagram and search weight watchers - you will see what people are eating. Mine is charls_ww_88.

Good luck x

Back