SW Yuk Sung

bilsat

Really likes to cook
Has anyone got a recipe for Yuk Sung for SW members?
If not I will try to create one! I have looked at several ones and with a little tweaking I am sure I can make it SW friendly.
Watch this space!

Pete's Yuk Sung

Hi All.
here is one of todays recipes.

Pete’s Yuk Sung with Rice

Feeds 2

Ingredients

120g Brown Rice
1 vegetable stock pot
250g low Fat Pork
100g Mushrooms
1 red pepper
1 tbsp ginger
1 tbsp garlic
3 spring onions
3 tbsp light soy sauce
3 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp cider vinegar
Dash of sesame oil
Salt & pepper
1 Washed & chilled Iceberg Lettuce

Method

Fill a pan with cold water and add a vegetable stock pot to it.
Weigh out 120g brown rice
Add rice to water and bring to the boil then turn heat down and allow simmering for 40 mins.

Tip rice into a sieve and run under hot water until the water is clear then replace sieve on the pan and leave on the lit ring for a few minutes with a lid on to allow to steam. Then put to one side.

Put a on a lit ring on high, add mince cook for until it is browned and all liquid has evaporated. Place the mince on a plate and return the wok to the heat, add Fry Light and add the chopped mushrooms, peppers, ginger, garlic & spring onions & cook for 5 mins then add mince & soy sauce. Finally add oyster sauce.

Add rice and mix thoroughly then cook until the rice is hot, place mixture into freshly washed and chilled Iceberg Lettuce and enjoy!

(Nice with coleslaw)

Never heard of it but I found this recipe Yuk Sung Recipe there can't be too many syns in it.

Pete's Yuk Sung

Here it is.

Pete’s Yuk Sung with Rice

Feeds 2

Ingredients

120g Brown Rice
1 vegetable stock pot
250g low Fat Pork
100g Mushrooms
1 red pepper
1 tbsp ginger
1 tbsp garlic
3 spring onions
3 tbsp light soy sauce
3 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp cider vinegar
Dash of sesame oil
Salt & pepper
1 Washed & chilled Iceberg Lettuce

Method

Fill a pan with cold water and add a vegetable stock pot to it.
Weigh out 120g brown rice
Add rice to water and bring to the boil then turn heat down and allow simmering for 40 mins.

Tip rice into a sieve and run under hot water until the water is clear then replace sieve on the pan and leave on the lit ring for a few minutes with a lid on to allow to steam. Then put to one side.

Put a on a lit ring on high, add mince cook for until it is browned and all liquid has evaporated. Place the mince on a plate and return the wok to the heat, add Fry Light and add the chopped mushrooms, peppers, ginger, garlic & spring onions & cook for 5 mins then add mince & soy sauce. Finally add oyster sauce.

Add rice and mix thoroughly then cook until the rice is hot, place mixture into freshly washed and chilled Iceberg Lettuce and enjoy!

(Nice with coleslaw
:jelous:

Just remember that you need to syn the oyster sauce and sesame oil - a dash of oil could easily add a lot of syns if you're not careful.

Back