Swapping from SS too SS+

Alfaasil

Could you say do a week SS and then a week SS+?? What would be the implications?

I made a thread about this the first few days i started Cambridge about 3 months ago lol..
I used to do SS+ at the weekends and SS during the week, i'm slowly getting out of the habit of eating on a friday night, purely because you most probably will be in & out of ketosis, and if you are.. you'll feel tired, weak, headaches, your mood will change, you may feel down, low, etc. On the other hand you may not get out of ketosis and still see a good loss, either way i think its better for your body to stick to either SS or SS+

Haha! Must be a timed thing when food floats through our minds! I've seen a lot of people on here may have a SS+ day here and there, I'd love to but feel like a cheat by doing so??

I think its better for your body to stick to one plan..

Hey you're still in ketosis on SS+ so you wouldn't be going in and out as long as you stick to the allowed foods. I agree with Sinead that it's prob best to stick to one - I'm doing SS+ and I've lost just over 2 stone in 7 weeks x

Start: 17.12 Current: 16.2 Target: 10.7

Meant to also say the first time I did CD I SSed and used to have a bit of cucumber when I really needed something lol but try and avoid it :) x

Start: 17.12 Current: 15.11 Target: 10.7

I am officially on SS+ but there's plenty of days where I'm not too fussed about eating my SS+ meal, so I just have my three products. If you follow the SS+ allowed foods list you will still be in ketosis and it should not effect your loss at all. You're better off having an SS+ meal if you want food rather than depriving yourself and blowing it on something off plan. Please don't feel like you're cheating by eating an SS+ meal as you're still following the plan 100%!!

Felix said:
I am officially on SS+ but there's plenty of days where I'm not too fussed about eating my SS+ meal, so I just have my three products. If you follow the SS+ allowed foods list you will still be in ketosis and it should not effect your loss at all. You're better off having an SS+ meal if you want food rather than depriving yourself and blowing it on something off plan. Please don't feel like you're cheating by eating an SS+ meal as you're still following the plan 100%!!

^^^^ what she said! X

Start: 17.12 Current: 15.11 Target: 10.7

Thanks for all your help, it all makes sense. My bf has told me I'm not allowed and should stick to what I started, or he won't be letting me into the money to pay for it! Haha, it's really what I need. Strict is one thing I am not! X

I don't really know what SS+ is but I am on Step 2 (is it the same thing?) I have one high protein meal a day and I am in ketosis. I have a lot of weight to lose though, so it might be different? The first time I did the diet, I was 100% on SS and this time I find it easier to do Step 2. As has already been said, it is best to stick to one plan, whatever it is, and get into a routine :)

I am on SS+ and sometimes don't feel like the meal and skip it, does no harm whatsover and my losses are consistant

You should still / will be in ketosis on SS+ - you still are only consuming a very limited amount of carbs and calories. Everyone is different and you must do what you feel is right for yourself.

I only planned to do 1 week of SS because I knew the only way I would stick to it was if I had a meal - it's worked absolutely fine for me. And some days, when i've been so busy I really haven't had time to eat, I have only had my 3 cwp - and it doesn't really make a difference.

Good luck - and yes, whatever you decide to do, you must be strict!! lol

Lx

I have been considering having an SS+ meal with the fam on a weekend but my bf is being horrid about it saying im a quitter. Feel horrible at the minute.

Alfaasil said:
I have been considering having an SS+ meal with the fam on a weekend but my bf is being horrid about it saying im a quitter. Feel horrible at the minute.

U shud tell your boyfriend that this is one of the steps somehow can u be a quitter when u sticking to the diet, without knowing your boyfriend I would say that that type of negativity will make u cheat :) u r not quitting hun u r taking the Cambridge option rather than the bad one,

U R NOT. A QUITTER xxxxxx

Thank you for that :) xx
I wish I could reason with him, I'm so frustrated and my throat us sore from yelling at him haha. You're right though, I'm not craving crappy foods like pizza or takeaway some chicken and broccoli would do me nicely but by banning me from
Having that makes me feel like going downstairs and stealing a slice of bread or something worse!! I really don't want to but I feel like I need it to put me back on track, and I'd rather have something ketosis friendly! Xx

kellmo said:
Tell him you could easily quit him. ?

Haha that is true! X

I managed to suppress my cravings. WI tomorrow!

How rude of your bf, he doesn't know what he's talking about, SS+ is the second lowest plan, how on earth is it quitting?!?!?

How unsupportive & controlling of him!

Back