Swapping sachets with another CDC? Updated...

catssseyes

Team 1 all the way!
Hi all,
I have posted about struggling these last few days, but I have gone off porridge so much that I can't even sniff it without feeling sick.
My CDC is on holiday, and I am due to see her on Thurs- not sure when she's home-have left her a message though just in case.
Today I have attempted a porridge for brekkie and managed half. Had a bar for lunch, and have just had turkey, cauli & cabbage for my dinner. Not going to have another porridge, although I know I should, but I just can't face it.
My Q is, I have found another CDC in my area, should I ask them if I can swap some of my porridges for tetras to cover me til Thurs? Would she think I was being cheeky? I feel bad for asking, but am getting scared that I will fall off the wagon if I don't do something....:copon:

Right, well I have found one in the area, and have emailed her telling her I'm desperate and would be eternally grateful if she would do this for me!
Fingers crossed! xx

Hiya,
just to update you, the other cdc is willing for me to swap sachets which is brill. Only thing is that she is out for the day today and so will be tomorrow before I can get there.
So I have the dilemma for today. I have been up through the night feeling sick, with a growling stomach and cramps. Wasn't actually sick, but didn't get much sleep. Have a stupid cold that doesn't seem to amount to anything, but my throat and chest seem to be thick with gunk that isn't shifting at all, just feels strange.
Don't know whether to just not eat anything, or attempt to eat the porridge. I don't feel like anything at all.
Oh boy this is some pay back for the cheating on Fri! Hahah!

You only have one more day to wait.. just try and push through today. I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Perhaps a day of rest is called for. Come on..one more day...you can do it :D

Thanks Paula, you're a star. I am still feeling sicky, so think a day of rest and just liquids may help. xxx

you can do it honey!! do you only have porridge left?

abz xx

Hiya Abz,
I have 1 bar per day and yep, the rest is porrodge. Lol! It was my fave and think cos I've not been well, I've associated it with feeling sick and now can't face it. Typical!
I will be fine- sorry for all the whinging! xxx:wave_cry:

Oh hun bless you. I was the same on my first day.

For breakfast i tried the porridge had 2 mouthfuls and was sick then for lunch i had the chicken soup and was sick it made me gag so much.

I was so hungry by the evening, i was shaking, crying etc... How i carried onto day 2 after the 1st day from hell i dont know.

That is great the cdc is willing to swap them tomorrow for you.

How about having the 2 porridge meals in 1/2 size portions so you havent got a full size bowl to eat in 1 go (so 4 small meals then 2 large), do u think that would be better? Or adding some spices to it to flavour.

Also i would save your bar for tea so at least u wont be so hungry during the night.

Good luck hun it is only 1 day left then you can get some other more yummy flavors. You can do it.

Yep I will get through today, and then just get some choc shake mixes tomorrow and stick to liquidy type stuff.
I am beginning to wonder whether it's connected to the pill I started on Monday, and ever since Tues, I have felt yucky and miserable, which led to the cheat on Fri. Hmmmm.

i had a similar experience with leek and potato and cheese and brocolli. just the thought of them makes me want to gag :( some people absolutely adore them though... strange :)

It is def strange as i dont even like milk or milkshake pre-diet but i now look so forward to my banana shake for breakfast and chocolate shake for tea. Yummy in my tummy as my 5yr old would say!

I dont like the tetras either as they taste "irony" to me?!?

Also i loved the strawberry shakes but in last 3 weeks i have gone off them now!?!

on thursday when i started i liked the toffee and walnut but just had one today and had to force it down, its weird isnt it, hope you get through today ok hun xx

It was my fave and think cos I've not been well, I've associated it with feeling sick and now can't face it. Typical!
I will be fine- sorry for all the whinging! xxx:wave_cry:

I'm exactly the same! I had a sickness bug and after i've had that I can't face the porridge without gipping. It's awful!

Like you I had to ring my CDC to come and swap them because there's no way I would've stuck to it otherwise. If she couldn't have got to me for a day or so though I would've taken a day off and just eaten protein stuff like chicken etc.

Maybe you should just have a day off and just try and eat protien stuff today? That way if eating takes you out of ketosis it won't take long to get back in?

Sorry if that's not much help x

I'm exactly the same! I had a sickness bug and after i've had that I can't face the porridge without gipping. It's awful!

Like you I had to ring my CDC to come and swap them because there's no way I would've stuck to it otherwise. If she couldn't have got to me for a day or so though I would've taken a day off and just eaten protein stuff like chicken etc.

Maybe you should just have a day off and just try and eat protien stuff today? That way if eating takes you out of ketosis it won't take long to get back in?

Sorry if that's not much help x

I was thinking of doing this. I have even looked up the plans at what I can have for breakfast etc, but the only thing I have got excited about is shredded wheat! I HAVE NEVER EATEN SHREDDED WHEAT IN MY LIFE!!!!
Madness! Am not really sure what to do for the best- eat nothing, or pick at things from further up the plans. How typical is it for me to get this while my lovely CDC is away!
Thanks for your support! xxx

Helen if your really stuck I have a pile of banana and straw tetras I could swap with you (I don't mind porridge :p) and I'm just the other side of town :D

Our CDC is back sometime tomorrow but she isn't working again til Weds ;)

Helen if your really stuck I have a pile of banana and straw tetras I could swap with you (I don't mind porridge :p) and I'm just the other side of town :D

Our CDC is back sometime tomorrow but she isn't working again til Weds ;)

Oh my god, you are such a star for offering that! Thank you so much, very very kind. I have arranged to go to see the one in Wing to swap the porridges tomorrow, and then will go back on it 100%.
Today I have had my bar, and I have managed all day til now, and have just looked up to the 1000 plans and saw shredded wheat on it, so I have had shredded wheat. Don't feel so bad as it wasn't junk food, and it's sort of to plan!

Thanks again, such a lovely offer! xx

If you ever get stuck give me a shout, I'm sure we can work something out ;)

Back