Swapping syns for healthier syns?

Lucylu79

Gold Member
Just a thought this morning really, had a few too many glasses of wine with my roast yesterday and I'm feeling a bit blurgh, I know ive had a drink, that sort of feeling?!

I got thinking about my syns and how cutting back on alcohol would benefit me so much, especially as I don't drink in the week so I know I can do it, but more so, I'm training for my first 10k and the weekend run suffers after a vino!

Just thinking about other syns and surely wine is a bad syn but really I could double up on healthy extras and count them as syns? That would be much healthier wouldn't it?

Does anyone actually do this and see any difference or am I just talking utter rubbish?!

Lucylu79 said:
Just a thought this morning really, had a few too many glasses of wine with my roast yesterday and I'm feeling a bit blurgh, I know ive had a drink, that sort of feeling?!

I got thinking about my syns and how cutting back on alcohol would benefit me so much, especially as I don't drink in the week so I know I can do it, but more so, I'm training for my first 10k and the weekend run suffers after a vino!

Just thinking about other syns and surely wine is a bad syn but really I could double up on healthy extras and count them as syns? That would be much healthier wouldn't it?

Does anyone actually do this and see any difference or am I just talking utter rubbish?!

It does make sense, there are some people who like to use their syns in meals, for sauces or extra portions of healthy extras etc.

I don't drink as I'm pregnant, so am using mine on treats or little extras with my meals.

Some people do like to deliberately use their syns on extra healthy extra's or nuts and seeds ect. to be healthier which is fine, but personally I like to use mine on whatever I fancy sometimes that's an extra healthy extra but sometimes that's a cream bun or chocolate.

As long as your happy with whatever your using your syns on and your enjoying them then there isn't a problem, they're there to be enjoyed. If your happy having ''healthier'' choices then go for it, but don't do it if you feel like your missing out on other things as that could cause you to go off track. The plan is very healthy anyway and they few syns your allowed all make for a healthy balanced diet. We do need some of the bad stuff as well as all that good stuff ;)

Thanks for replying both, I think perhaps I'm doubting myself whether I can cut down on vino and change it for something else!

I'm fine by myself but the evenings hubby's here I can't say no!

Thinking of signing up for a 10k race next may, I need to knuckle down and perhaps cut out vino the night before the weekend run, that way I'd prove to myself I can do it!

Back