swapping up and down days around.. not sure what to do

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
im on a down day today but need to have 2 ups on the wkend for sat and sunday. so will i have to have a down day tomorrow to balance it out? ive read you shouldnt have 2 downs in a row and im not even sure i could hack it as one DD kills me at the mo! what do you juddders recommend?? ta! x

I have done 2 DD 's in a row as I needeD to swap things around, I know its not recommended but sometimes can't be avoided, I would recommend an IM day try to stick to about 1200 cals, or you could try to start out as a DD and see how far you get, then it will either turn into a DD or an IM day IYSWIM ? Thats how I ended up doing 2 DDs , told myself the 2nd day was going to be a DD in the knowledge that I could turn it into a IM if needed , I wasn't as hungry as I anticipated and it stayed a DD, I think that a one off double DD won't harm as long as its not a regular thing xx

fab thanks jo thats a good idea, start out as a down day then eat later if im hungry. id love to be able to just do the 2 DDs as a one off anyway as i think it might help lower my weight that little bit more but the downs are hard for me as it is! after this swap, i'll be on the normal pattern of mon, wed, fri down and the rest ups which will be better for me! x

lumpyandbumpy said:
fab thanks jo thats a good idea, start out as a down day then eat later if im hungry. id love to be able to just do the 2 DDs as a one off anyway as i think it might help lower my weight that little bit more but the downs are hard for me as it is! after this swap, i'll be on the normal pattern of mon, wed, fri down and the rest ups which will be better for me! x

Hi I've done two DDs together and it was hell but I don't think effected my weight loss - I would however avoid it if at all possible as its really difficult.

I know on here many people would tell you not to do it but if you actually look at original research that the Horizon programme was based in then they did 2 fast days together every week.

Hi I've done two DDs together and it was hell but I don't think effected my weight loss - I would however avoid it if at all possible as its really difficult.

I know on here many people would tell you not to do it but if you actually look at original research that the Horizon programme was based in then they did 2 fast days together every week.

yes thats true, he did follow the 5/2 principle at one point. i think the hardest thing for me is actually sticking to 2 DDs rather than the principle of not doing it because of the way your body works! i just dont want to end up overeating by too much on tmrws DD because i have 2 Ups this wkend where one is going to include an Indian meal and the other is probably involving having a Sunday lunch so lots of cals this wkend already!! eek!

trying to cut back on the ups at the mo because i think the past couple of wkends have contributed to my gain, even though i expected it after coming off CD, i think that having big Up days have impacted on the initial changeover so i need to start reigning it in to achieve a balance (and a loss!) x

I have got this issue this weekend and next week I have concert sat and bbq sunday then its bank hol monday and then wednesday im at Alton Towers and then the following sat its another bbq!!!

What would everyone suggest? xx

I have got this issue this weekend and next week I have concert sat and bbq sunday then its bank hol monday and then wednesday im at Alton Towers and then the following sat its another bbq!!!

What would everyone suggest? xx

oo tricky one hun, the only thing is to maybe have some IDs instead of ups, for example this weekend im having an indian sat nite but in the day i'll prob only have weetabix in the morn to fill me and some fruit like an apple or pear in the afternoon and plenty of water so that i can enjoy the indian but not have excess calories on top throughout the day. sunday will prob be the same, im going to bingo with the girls in the night so i'll either have a sunday dinner or have food at the bingo, not both so i may even balance back by having an ID rather than 2 ups. maybe u could see what days u could do this on too, not go too overboard at the bbq or the concert so you wont feel like you;ve had too many calories :) xx

well i know the bbq will be a heavy one so think i might limit the saturday xxx maybe take a picnic or something xxx

Thanks Chick xx

What Lumpy said x Just try and get some Good DD s in between because they are damage limitation, you can still lose but as long as you get some DD s in there the worse that will happen is a sts and you will still have enjoyed yourself x

bajoleth said:
What Lumpy said x Just try and get some Good DD s in between because they are damage limitation, you can still lose but as long as you get some DD s in there the worse that will happen is a sts and you will still have enjoyed yourself x

Ok chick will do xxx

Back