Sweat/fat sores?

Pipaluk

I will be skinny!
Since the gorgeous weather has finally in the UK I am experiencing a really embarrassing problem.. Fat sores. The worst thing is, I have never had them before and this time last year I was 4 stone heavier than I am right now. They are all under my boobs and it looks like they are going to permanently leave a mark on my skin, I've put some anti-septic cream on them every night after I've showered which reduced the pain but they are still really red. Does anybody have any tips on how to get rid of them?

I've had them in the past. I put LOTS of antiseptic all over the area after I get out of the shower, before I go to bed, when I get up etc etc. Once a day is probably not enough. Its partly to kill off the bacteria and partly to lubricate the area so it doesn't get more sore due to friction.

Also I know its obvious but you need to have a clean bra on every day and any other clothes that touch the area need to be clean. Use a clean towel after a shower. You might have a dark mark remain but it shouldn't be red or sore, red is inflammation/infection. If it doesn't go away see your GP.

The other thing is maybe your bras don't fit anymore? If they're now too big, especially if they're underwired, they might be loose and rubbing more than they should?

I got them last year under my boobs, i just used to put talc on them and cream Its horrible and they hurt ever so much , maybe a cotton bra would be better like a sports bra? :) xx

Dab with a towel and try get the area aired as much as possible. If it doesn't get better in a few days I would see about getting some anti-Bs x

Salvon do an antiseptic wound wash spray which has chlorhexadine in it which we use in hospitals as a Pre op skin prep. I have it at home and have used it when I got a similar thing on my inner thigh last year. And just echoing what has been said above antiseptic air to keep it dry and talc to stop friction afterwards and once healed a squirt of deodorant spray under your boobs of a morning helps :) hope it stops being sore soon.

When at home try going bra-less and lying so your boobs aren't resting on your belly to get as much air as possible.

Try some strips of thin cotton to slip between the bra and skin to help absorb the moisture, change it every day.

Check your washing detergent/fab con is the same and not an 'improved' product.

Try hand washing your bras in soap flakes instead of detergent.

Thanks ladies for the tips :) xx

Sudocrem is great, and I steal my baby's metanium cream when it gets really bad. Like other ladies have said, talc is good too.

I hate summer for this reason!

Since the gorgeous weather has finally in the UK I am experiencing a really embarrassing problem.. Fat sores. The worst thing is, I have never had them before and this time last year I was 4 stone heavier than I am right now. They are all under my boobs and it looks like they are going to permanently leave a mark on my skin, I've put some anti-septic cream on them every night after I've showered which reduced the pain but they are still really red. Does anybody have any tips on how to get rid of them?

A sweat rash under the bust is most likely fungal. Especially with all the hot weather. A few days of canestan/clotrimazole cream should clear it up totally xx

I used to use talc but its only mildly effective - in the end it all cruds up with the damp in the area and obviously has no effect on any bacteria or other infection. If its infected you at least need some antiseptic and maybe antibiotics if that doesn't shift it, but it probably will.

Never use talc on it!! My GP nearly had a fit when I told him I was doing that. I thought it would be good as it was soaking up the sweat but it makes it worse apparently. I got some prescribed cream from my GP but he told me that sudocrem works good as well.

I have been using tea tree shower gel which has antiseptic properties and helps eliminate bacteria on the skin I love the clean smell too. I saw a beauty expert recommend it to get rid of sweat and bacteria on the body.

They are clearing up now, I've avoided wearing a bra if I am at home and bought some new non-wired bras. I've put some anti-septic cream on twice a day and talc :) it's also cleared the ones up between my legs as well which I have had for a long time and struggled to get rid of. xx

I get loads of infections along my c section scar. It's the over hang (whoops), which seems to be getter worse as I get more active x

Back