Sweet Freedom - Choc Shot

lt52

Silver Member
Thinking of getting some of this - has anyone tried it? I know its expensive and costly - not too fussed about it as long as its worth the price of course!

Not too sure what i would do with it. I wouldn't really make hot chocolate with it, i might drizzle it over fat free natural yoghurt and see if that's better then mixing a hot chocolate sachet in it. I know it's 0.5 syns for a tea spoon or 2 syns for a table spoon. If its quite strong i'm hoping it could knock the syns down on some of me chocolatey treats.

Anyone tried it? Anyone got any ideas of how to use it?

Lee

This is what it looks like.....

choc-shot.jpg

I've tried it. I like it in porridge and over bananas and strawberries. It is quite strong tasting. I never used more than a teaspoon.

I've tried it. I like it in porridge and over bananas and strawberries. It is quite strong tasting. I never used more than a teaspoon.

Good, i'm glad you don't use as much as that's what i was thinking - making it less syns. I might just have to try it now lol

I've never heard if this. What is it?
It might be the answer to my sweet/ chocolate cravings!

Its just like a chocolate sauce/syrup - apparently available in most supermarkets on the sugar isle/hot chocolate isle but also in Holland and Barratt apparently.
Its for making hot chocolates and using as like a chocolate sauce i guess. I just wanted to know what it is like as if it makes thing chocolatey on the smaller amount size its less syns. 1/2 syn for a tea spoon, and apparantly that is enough to be able to taste it well so i might be in luck!

Will have to try it

it is ok. I found it quite savoury-tasting. it is nothing like real chocolate, in fact, I needed up chucking the rest of the bottle away as I'd rather go without than have a poor substitute for hot choc! Everybody's different though so you might like it. Just make sure the kid is firmly closed on it, before I chucked it, it had fallen over in my cupboard and it all leaked out onto the shelf. Horrid sticky mess!

it is ok. I found it quite savoury-tasting. it is nothing like real chocolate, in fact, I needed up chucking the rest of the bottle away as I'd rather go without than have a poor substitute for hot choc! Everybody's different though so you might like it. Just make sure the kid is firmly closed on it, before I chucked it, it had fallen over in my cupboard and it all leaked out onto the shelf. Horrid sticky mess!

That's crap isn't it! Well i am hoping that it might be better than i think. I'd like to hope it's a little better and lower syn value and worth it.
I wouldn't use it as hot chocolate as i prefer cadbury's - it wins every time lol

I love it! If you put a teaspoon on a small tub and microwave for a few seconds, it goes much further! I love it over low fat ice cream and Heb of nuts - feels really naughty!

I love it! If you put a teaspoon on a small tub and microwave for a few seconds, it goes much further! I love it over low fat ice cream and Heb of nuts - feels really naughty!

That's a good idea!!! And yeah sounds so naughty!!!
I didn't quite manage to find any when i went shopping so i shall try somewhere else next :(

That's a good idea!!! And yeah sounds so naughty!!!
I didn't quite manage to find any when i went shopping so i shall try somewhere else next :(

It's in the coffee/tea aisles with the hot chocolate. I got mine in Tesco but it's the only place I've seen it.

It's in the coffee/tea aisles with the hot chocolate. I got mine in Tesco but it's the only place I've seen it.

Bugger i don't shop there. I went to Asda couldn't find it. Will try Morrisons - not got a Tesco near me

I really like it! Got mine at Holland and Barratt. For breakfast I soak 2 slices of bread (hex) in beaten egg with a bit of sweetener then dry fry it in a non stick frying pan til all golden. Then drizzle some choc shot over it and have fruit on the side! Its amazing!! :D

Its on the holland and barret website on buy one get one half price with free delivery today x

I managed to get some thanks for the handy tip! Not tried it yet but we shall see what happens when i plan and experiment

Lee

Back