Sweeteners in CD products?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Judith, 24 February 2009 Social URL.

1. Judith

Judith Member

I have been trying to research CD and other low calorie diets and I must say it is very difficult to find out the information unless you commit yourself to something.
    I need to know if any of the products are sweetened with sweeteners. If they are then I cannot use them due to health issues. :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kealun

Kealun Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(13.73%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    If you call your local cd counsellor, they will be hapy to advise you about this, without you commiting. Mine is certainly top notch on health issues etc and asked me loads of questions before I started and before she let me buy any products

4. Dis

Dis Yo.

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(27.51%)
    Diet:
    CD
    hiya judith. i'll save you the trouble and let you know now, the cd products do have artificial sweeteners in them. there are other options for you with the soup flavours.

is it any type of sweetener or a specific one you can't consume? i'm feeding the baby at the moment otherwise i'd get the specifics for you from a packet...

5. Judith

Judith Member

I try to avoid all sweeteners - some are worse than others. Along with diabetes and a life long weight problem (am 56) I have also suffered with irritable bowel syndrome for 35 years and that is the reason I avoid sweeteners where I can.
    I have always avoided lcd but am getting so fed up with not losing weight I have been considering it but then the other day I suddenly thought "what is used to sweeten products" and guessed it would be sweeteners.
    Thanks for your input. :wave_cry:

6. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Aspartame
    Aspartame is used in the sweet-flavoured CD sachets (0.06mg per serving), and is not suitable for those with phenylketonuria. All soups, bars and briks are aspartame-free.

The sweetener in the tetra briks (choc, ban and strawberry) is Acesulfame K

Sweet - No
    Others - Yes

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.